Super silver haze ----> original amnesia dinafem

goldberg71

Does anyone know where dinafem hacked original amnesia from?

When I placed my first seed order it was the only time I didn't buy directly from MNS. Along with my order I got 5 free seeds. One of those seeds was original amnesia from dinafem. It was the only one worth keeping. As far as I know they really don't create their own strains. They just work breeders lines to their liking and cross/rename them. Until recently I've always assumed they hacked soma seeds amnesia haze to create original amnesia. A few weeks ago I read somewhere that it was a super silver haze Pheno. The reason I ask is because I've run SSH before. It was one of my first runs and out of the pack there was one plant that looking back on it I should have kept that cut. Chalk it up to learning curve. I chopped it at about 13 weeks it was a golden color and frosty!I know it wasn't completely mature but being a beginner at the time it was screwing up my calander. I had plants that needed that space. And since it was taking longer than advertised to finish I thought this was a bad thing. To date it's my biggest regret not saving that cutting! And I did have cuts but at the time I couldn't rationalize that long of a flowering period. I won't make that mistake again! After reading that original amnesia was really a SSH pheno all I can do is think it's possible that pheno is where original amnesia came from.

Can anyone tell me more info about the SSH sativa/haze phenos? It was the only one I got in the pack. My last order I bought another regular pack and this order I picked up a spring cleaning of SSH and La Niña. So I hope to find that pheno again. I plan on devoting my time after my current grows on these 2 strains. Now I've just got to learn how to let strains go. Until now I've kept my best cut of each and it's getting to be to much. I'm so use to rotating 15 strains. Always with one going of each and more of the ones i liked. Even though I mostly only smoke 3 of them each of my friends likes another.

Last edited:
Hi Goldberg,

You don't have to waste a lot of space growing these SSH seeds out.
Plant them all and cull everything but the really tall sativas (that take longer to start flowering, too) they are easy to find. They are the only REALLY good plants in the strain. Also, kill anything that doesn't smell (once the resin comes..) If it doesn't smell it is not worth it. Grow something else in the space instead..

For the hazes:

Feed really low and most hazy plants will finish at 12 weeks or so. Not many really go that much longer. if they do then you have fed them too much (don't say I didn't warn you!)
Keep the pots large to enable the plants to express themselves properly.

Run them at least twice before culling any sativas from that strain as they do need some 'dialling in' to get them perfect.

The buds will be HUGE and smell lovely. You should get at least 6 ozs per plants, I would have thought (size depending, of course..)

Then dry slowly and CURE (6 weeks minimum) or you won't get the best out of them at all. You don't want to be disappointed now, do you?

All the plants you can find in SSH can be split down the middle: NL phenos and skunk phenos.. (this works for the indicas, the middle ones and the hazey sativas..)

The NL leaning ones smell less are have denser buds.
The skunk ones smell more and are more resinous but leafier and not quite as hardy to over-feeding.
Both smell lovely!

You would only expect maybe 2 hazes per pack. This means that once you have done your culling you are left with roughly 2 BIG plants from a whole pack and you can plant something else now, too (maybe those La Nina...)

I can't decide whether I prefer SSH or Mango... for me they are the standout plants in this collection, alongside Nev's haze, which I screwed up royally, last time I ran her.. though I admit I haven't tried ALL of the strains Shanti offers, I like these 2 and always seem to come back to the SSH for some reason.

Good Luck, enjoy

Grover

Hi Goldberg,

You don't have to waste a lot of space growing these SSH seeds out.
Plant them all and cull everything but the really tall sativas (that take longer to start flowering, too) they are easy to find. They are the only REALLY good plants in the strain. Also, kill anything that doesn't smell (once the resin comes..) If it doesn't smell it is not worth it. Grow something else in the space instead..

For the hazes:

Feed really low and most hazy plants will finish at 12 weeks or so. Not many really go that much longer. if they do then you have fed them too much (don't say I didn't warn you!)
Keep the pots large to enable the plants to express themselves properly.

Run them at least twice before culling any sativas from that strain as they do need some 'dialling in' to get them perfect.

The buds will be HUGE and smell lovely. You should get at least 6 ozs per plants, I would have thought (size depending, of course..)

Then dry slowly and CURE (6 weeks minimum) or you won't get the best out of them at all. You don't want to be disappointed now, do you?

All the plants you can find in SSH can be split down the middle: NL phenos and skunk phenos.. (this works for the indicas, the middle ones and the hazey sativas..)

The NL leaning ones smell less are have denser buds.
The skunk ones smell more and are more resinous but leafier and not quite as hardy to over-feeding.
Both smell lovely!

You would only expect maybe 2 hazes per pack. This means that once you have done your culling you are left with roughly 2 BIG plants from a whole pack and you can plant something else now, too (maybe those La Nina...)

I can't decide whether I prefer SSH or Mango... for me they are the standout plants in this collection, alongside Nev's haze, which I screwed up royally, last time I ran her.. though I admit I haven't tried ALL of the strains Shanti offers, I like these 2 and always seem to come back to the SSH for some reason.

Good Luck, enjoy

Grover
Thanks for the info Grov. Very helpful. All plants in my SSH pack smelled nice and did the trick. I kept a 9-10 weeker with good size flowers. I've run the mango before also. Up to this point I've always popped 6 beans per new strain. Figuring I should get an average of 3 females to choose from. Most times that works. Other times not so well. I'm on my second batch of 6 doors right now. Because the first time I didn't get a single female. Mango on the other hand all 6 were females. However, they were also all the same pheno. Some of my friends loved it. For me there was something about taste when smoking it that I didn't like. For some reason it didn't matter how I smoked bowl or joint. After a few pulls I was putting it down and rolling something else. But it was just the taste I didn't like. This was one of the few strains I didn't keep a mother of. Eventually I will go through the rest of the pack. But from my SMALL sample size I didn't see any variation. Since I knew I wasn't going to be smoking them myself I culled them. The reason was because they were what I'd describe as viney and most every side branch needed support. Which I wouldn't mind doing but since I wasn't smoking it I didn't think it was worth the effort. My friends still ask about it but I have better ways to use my space. The real problem might be I'm a picky eater so I won't try things because of how they look or smell. I think this was my real problem with it. Although I didn't get a sativa. All 6 had medium to small dense buds and bag appeal.
I like your idea but I'm not sure I could cull a female without seeing it through to the end. But I tell ya I'm going to think about. Because with as many seeds as I now have it would be many runs to use them all. Needless to say very time consuming.
When I tried La Niña I only got 2 of 6 to be female. One is different than anything I've grown. It has thick side branches that need no support. But only gets smaller foxtailing flowers. The smell is outrageous and very potent. Since I keep it for myself there are no problems. But if I were to sell it my patients would all complain about bag appeal. Because of the small flowers or the larger flowers were very stemmy. I didn't do my best when growing it the first run. But it's flowering now and even though I'm doing a great job tending to her it looks like her flowers will be small again. The other pheno had large solid buds with the same exotic smell. So even though I only got 2 females there was something different about it. My guess is it's from the MM HAZE. since it's the only strain commercially available with MM I'm dieing to see what I find in those 100 beans.

Don't get me wrong - there are some decent plants in the 'non' haze phenos of SSH (less so Mango IMO)...they are decent..they are good - but NOT as good as your favourite cutting. Cull them and grow that instead. Concentrate on the hazes. The really tall 12 week sativas. That is where the gems are.
You may be culling a good plant but you may be missing out on one that you would find in seeds you could plant in the space instead - so don't worry about that. Since you already know that the indica SSHs/MHs are not as likely to be great the chances are better for the next batch of seeds anyway. You already know where the best SSH/ MH plants are - in the hazes.

G

Im finishing up Nev haze now. I started with 4 females 2 got harvested 2days shy of 14 weeks. They are drying now. Today marks completion of week 14 and one of the remaining 2 is just about there. It will surely be done by week 16. All 3 of these have smaller tighter flowers than the 4th. That's not to say they are small just smaller than the #4. The 4th has all my attention now as far as this strain is concerned. The flowers are large and on the fluffier side but growing in size and density as each day passes. I don't think they will end up that "airy" at all when completed. I'm surprised it's filling out as well as it is with the size of the flowers. I expect when this plant is harvested the flowers will be the largest to bless my garden to date. This one I'm not sure will make the 16week mark. These are the original seed plants so the clones could finish faster. All 4 rank highly in the stink factor. They're all sticky as can be. This is my first experience with NH I haven't even seen any no less smoke it. I can't wait for the taste tests. But I'm sure I'll only be be keeping the last one. But I won't dispose of the cuts until fully tested and compared. I'll take a picture of my La Niña it just pasted the 5 week mark. I'd like to see what you think of that plant. Because it so different than anything else I've grow.

I had 24 pop of SSH and 30 La Niña. After sexing I got 12 SSH and 15 La Niña. I started with SSH so they'll be done a little sooner than the LN. This batch of SSH seems to be leaning much more sativa than the seeds from my first order. Everything is looking great nice green healthy plants with large thin fan leaves. 5 of the 12 are at the 5 week mark now. So they're just starting to reveal themselves. I'm growing out every female. I've got a cutting of each so I'll pick a handful of the best of each and run them again. Meanwhile I just popped some skunk haze, G13/widow, and nl5/afg. I'll sex these while I'm narrowing the field on these 2 strains. By the looks of it I'll have no problem finding a keeper.

Last edited:
Back to the original question original amnesia is produced by hypro seeds and distributed through dinafem ,Royal queen seeds and super strains . I do believe it to be a ssh and people have been having awesome results with pretty consistent pheno in all three brands .

Back to the original question original amnesia is produced by hypro seeds and distributed through dinafem ,Royal queen seeds and super strains . I do believe it to be a ssh and people have been having awesome results with pretty consistent pheno in all three brands .

I know some Dinafem staff and they told me they bought the hypro cut for 15,000€... the rest is seed making....

Does anyone know where dinafem hacked original amnesia from?

When I placed my first seed order it was the only time I didn't buy directly from MNS. Along with my order I got 5 free seeds. One of those seeds was original amnesia from dinafem. It was the only one worth keeping. As far as I know they really don't create their own strains. They just work breeders lines to their liking and cross/rename them. Until recently I've always assumed they hacked soma seeds amnesia haze to create original amnesia. A few weeks ago I read somewhere that it was a super silver haze Pheno. The reason I ask is because I've run SSH before. It was one of my first runs and out of the pack there was one plant that looking back on it I should have kept that cut. Chalk it up to learning curve. I chopped it at about 13 weeks it was a golden color and frosty!I know it wasn't completely mature but being a beginner at the time it was screwing up my calander. I had plants that needed that space. And since it was taking longer than advertised to finish I thought this was a bad thing. To date it's my biggest regret not saving that cutting! And I did have cuts but at the time I couldn't rationalize that long of a flowering period. I won't make that mistake again! After reading that original amnesia was really a SSH pheno all I can do is think it's possible that pheno is where original amnesia came from.

Can anyone tell me more info about the SSH sativa/haze phenos? It was the only one I got in the pack. My last order I bought another regular pack and this order I picked up a spring cleaning of SSH and La Niña. So I hope to find that pheno again. I plan on devoting my time after my current grows on these 2 strains. Now I've just got to learn how to let strains go. Until now I've kept my best cut of each and it's getting to be to much. I'm so use to rotating 15 strains. Always with one going of each and more of the ones i liked. Even though I mostly only smoke 3 of them each of my friends likes another.
Is this the same Goldberg that is running ILGM?

Back