strange aromas coming from G13 Widow

toolwrenchus

while pruning the lower half of the plant using my fingers, i noticed a strange aroma.

upon smelling the cut stems of the leaves and my fingers i could easily distinguish a dill herb smell mixed with a sour vinegar smell. yes, dill pickles!

2 of 3 females are giving off these aromas.

would love to hear something about this.

It would have surprised me had I not had a "dill" smelling SSH F2 last fall. I could smell it and some people agreed, some didn't. Thankfully it didn't come through in the smoking. :)

haha cool! i will have to look into the family trees of these strains again and see where the common genetics are.

did you notice any good things about that particular plant or its smoke?

only thing i found online is about people's bud smelling of dill and they didn't seem too happy about it haha...

Hey Toolwrenchus, was woundering how long have your plants been growing are they flowering yet? doin some g13/widow too, i have noticed one of my plants have a mustard smell but as its getin older this smell is fading and turning to a heavy funk smell. smells wounderfull cant wait to smoke some.

whoa...mustard. that's really interesting! thanks for sharing.

The 2 ladies are the seed mothers and are in veg.

about 8-10 weeks i think.

I am really into the concept of bud smelling or tasting like different foods.

also going i have an afghan haze "bastard" seed mother that smells like sweet onion!

while pruning the lower half of the plant using my fingers, i noticed a strange aroma.

upon smelling the cut stems of the leaves and my fingers i could easily distinguish a dill herb smell mixed with a sour vinegar smell. yes, dill pickles!

2 of 3 females are giving off these aromas.

would love to hear something about this.

GreenHouse has a strain called damn sour ... smells just like pickles so you're not crazy there def are phenos of pickle flavored and scented weed ...

after doing a little research its seems that between SSH, G13 Widow, and Damn sour, the common genetics would lie in Afghan, India, and especially Skunk .

That is of course only true IF the g13 in the g13 widow has skunk in it, which i think it does, according to some other threads.

is it possible the skunk may be what causes these funky and unusual smells?

Hey Toolwrenchus, yeah there is skunk in it but its more for structure i'm thinking. You said you at a 8 to 10 week veg? these plants have a big strech when ya flip to 12/12 so hope ya have the room they can be monsters!

thanks for the reply Rhino. will keep it in mind.

they are the mothers from seed so they are just for clones as of now.

If/when i flower her i might do a 2 plant scrog.

my clones only veg around 10 - 14 days before flipping btw

I should add, I was not impressed with ghs damn sour at all ... although the smell and flavors were unique, the smoke was pitiful.

Yeah its been awhile since i have ran a commerical strain. but i like the looks of 7footers in the garden.

who doesnt! :D

For my needs i just find SOG to be easier all around, although i started with doing 5 footers in the beginning.

cant wait to have a gigantic Mango Haze one day!

Just sexed my first female mango haze!

like most of us it is a passion and a hobby for me and its always fun to switch up techniques like sog, scrog, lst, supercropping, fim and so on, to figure out what the strain likes best.

who doesnt! :D

For my needs i just find SOG to be easier all around, although i started with doing 5 footers in the beginning.

cant wait to have a gigantic Mango Haze one day!

Just sexed my first female mango haze!

like most of us it is a passion and a hobby for me and its always fun to switch up techniques like sog, scrog, lst, supercropping, fim and so on, to figure out what the strain likes best.

yeah man thats what i call listening to mother. she always knows whats best

Back