Strains for social anxiety

Vlad the Inhaler

Hi everyone.
I'm wondering about strains that are good in social settings for people that are shy.
They don't have to be overly potent, but anything that is suitable to pull out at a party.
Not something that will have everyone sitting on the couch, or a coldblooded type that is introspective.
Just strains that are good in social settings for talking and having a bit of a laugh.

Last edited:
Early queen has a nice happy balanced high/stone. It needs a good cure before the high effect comes though, but it can be very enjoyable, giggly and social.

i think the tangie from dna can be good for social
it's not a couch one but very light and cerebral
i like more doing H with it
but for a social can be very good

Yeah, the tangie/cali O is good one. Greasy too.
Can chuck in widow, la Nina, shark shock, medicine man and g13/widow as well, I reckon.

I suffer from PTSD, anxiety etc. Social anxiety is bad for me but a good indica at night leaves me anxiety free the next morning. CBD Nordle was awesome for nullifying anxiety and allowed me to do things and go places I would normally avoid.

Along those lines, try CBD Shark Shock.
AC/DC works for me and I am happy with the cross I did with Ortega.
I have also used a homemade tincture of CBD MediHaze with very good results.
Red Maeng Da Kratom.

Shaka
Mu

True Bibble, the widows are cool.
I found nordle to work really well, also.
Anyone grow the widow/nordle Shanti had a while back?

Ok so anxiety and agoraphobia are my two primary conditions

Battled it daily for 18years

Mr Nice
-MangoWidow always helped incredibly however it tends to grow generally more indica like than you would think on paper
-Medman can be quite strong but works very well for me
-Nordle ranges more mid level to extreme potency but is a real anxiety buster but can be sedative

Also
G13Labs Pineapple Express is my daily meditation since I relocated and lost my MangoWidow..huge yields and a very mellow balanced buzz that just makes things more positive and chatty as hell

Nirvana Aurora Indica- very similar to Nordle in effect...can be sedating but will really put everyone into a trance of relaxation

When it comes to anxiety I can honestly say CBD is a game changer BIG Time

CBD Nordle reminds me of benzodiazepines...calming, relaxing, thoughts slow down, and a mild euphoria that makes one feel well...CBD Shark Was good but I always liked the Nordle better

Seedsman CBD Hashplant is very similar to Nordle but lacks that intense smell of twerps

Lastly and I Never thought I would say this until a month ago but a high CBD 10 to 1 ratio or 20 to 1 ratio is absolutely incredible for social anxiety. It’s honestly been the best medication I’ve found so you may want to look at CBD therapy however I’m getting mine from a dispensary so it’s not sourced from Mr. nice

Last edited:
Hey Canna. That's pretty out there. The anecdotal is that CBD really helps out.
When I have strain with some CBD (2%).I do a lot less variation in mood than a strain with no CBD at all.

#So the test subject discomfort wasn't significantly higher than the control.
Mega dose of CBD.
The people being tested had paranoid issues and high persecution complex.
Cannabis isn't really suited to people with schizophrenia, it seems, even CBD.

Last edited:
P
the article does pretty much dismiss the study even though they are reporting it.

I wouldn't mind testing some daily CBD to see for myself if it is better for anxiety with it or without it, but how would I be able to even detect it's effects if I'm blazing hi grade dawn to dusk? Plus my anxiety comes from being around the pressures of the rat race and sub/urban sprawl.

If your stress is the daily grind, and you can grow weed easily enough, just blend it.
Find some 1:1 you like. Shake it or extract however you like, then chuck it in the mix
I have only had CBD from two strains regularly. They would of been 20:2-4 THC:CBD, but they really took the edge off.
A little goes a long way.

Attachments

• image000000.jpg
    image000000.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Hi everyone.
I'm wondering about strains that are good in social settings for people that are shy.
They don't have to be overly potent, but anything that is suitable to pull out at a party.
Not something that will have everyone sitting on the couch, or a coldblooded type that is introspective.
Just strains that are good in social settings for talking and having a bit of a laugh.

First off I think it’s important to define social anxiety and what it is; for me, it tends to manifest itself in my inability to feel ok around large groups of people, especially those I don’t know personally... it also manifests itself as my inability to have a good poker face... if I’m too high on certain strains this always happens and I come off awkward when I can’t look people in the eye for long periods while I speak or start shutting my eyes to try and make the eye shutting sleepiness syndrome stop while someone is talking to me.
Seriously Introspective sativas are even worse, as I just come off as a sullen and depressed loner, or that I think I’m too good for these people(not the case).

Using weed for this can be a double edged sword in that a lot of strains specifically give people anxiety as they get older, and that only exacerbates the problem.

For me atleast, I think I’m looking for a hybrid on sativa side, that sparks creativity and the want to talk, but also has a bit of stupification to it that causes you to not worry so much and forget your social anxiety and makes it easier to be yourself openly with new people.... it’s almost like I’m after a strain that is similar to mdma in its effects(albeit at a much lower potency).
I also will say that the closest I’ve gotten to the above is when I dab live resin or shatter vs flower, & when I say dab I mean a fat dab from a dab rig, not a vape pen. After years of taking dabs daily, and limiting my flower usage to less that 15 times a year, I can say that for me, no matter the % of sativa influence, flower in general vs it’s essential oil counterpart tends to have a sedating couchlock effect from the actual burning vegetable matter smoke being mixed into the essential oil smoke ur inhaling when you smoke flower. It tends to make me tired and the only way I can see getting high enough to forget your anxiety while still being there enough to carry on a conversation with someone new.
To each their own tho.

The closest I’ve come to this is some wax I got from DJ short personally of both vanilluna, cocoa kush, and f13, all of which have his flo strain in it to varying degrees. And for those of you who didn’t know, flo has anti anxiety phenos popping up at certain percentages.... apparently blue heaven was his holy grail for anti anxiety as each pheno was an anti anxiety pheno...
more recently I got a leeroyOG(RareDankness)XFireOG shatter that was getting me very close to that place.
I’ve had some Nevs Haze shatter that was amazing, but it was more introspective, which I think comes from the Thai it leans towards... sorta a take your breath away type high.

I’ll be watching this thread.

...For me atleast, I think I’m looking for a hybrid on sativa side, that sparks creativity and the want to talk, but also has a bit of stupification to it that causes you to not worry so much and forget your social anxiety and makes it easier to be yourself openly with new people...

While not a sativa dominate hybrid, your words remind me of experiences with certain Master Kaze phenotypes.

Shaka
Mu

I have had CBD Nordle in the past and can also say it was excellent for anxiety

Recently I been doing CVD via Tinctures on a daily basis

I was having fear issues leaving house and praise God for the plant as I am back driving

I have used 20:1, 10:1, 5:1, and 1:1 CBD: THC

Also went opposite route with 1:2, 1:4 and 1:8 CBD: THC

My thoughts are the 20:1 is only good to rescue you from too much THC like when I tried RSO and was freaking out

10:1 and 5:1 feel incredible at blocking negativity and feeling upbeat with no psychoactive component other than decreased anxiety and depression

1:1 is my sweet spot for when I am already out in a social setting as it adds a bit of ease and lubricant

All the ones that had more THC were blah

If you wanna get high even an 8:1 THC:CBD muddles the effects or mini mixes them however you wanna put it

I am in a medical state and started experimenting with all the above ratios in October so still learning each day

First off I think it’s important to define social anxiety and what it is; for me, it tends to manifest itself in my inability to feel ok around large groups of people, especially those I don’t know personally... it also manifests itself as my inability to have a good poker face... if I’m too high on certain strains this always happens and I come off awkward when I can’t look people in the eye for long periods while I speak or start shutting my eyes to try and make the eye shutting sleepiness syndrome stop while someone is talking to me.
Seriously Introspective sativas are even worse, as I just come off as a sullen and depressed loner, or that I think I’m too good for these people(not the case).

Using weed for this can be a double edged sword in that a lot of strains specifically give people anxiety as they get older, and that only exacerbates the problem.

For me atleast, I think I’m looking for a hybrid on sativa side, that sparks creativity and the want to talk, but also has a bit of stupification to it that causes you to not worry so much and forget your social anxiety and makes it easier to be yourself openly with new people.... it’s almost like I’m after a strain that is similar to mdma in its effects(albeit at a much lower potency).
I also will say that the closest I’ve gotten to the above is when I dab live resin or shatter vs flower, & when I say dab I mean a fat dab from a dab rig, not a vape pen. After years of taking dabs daily, and limiting my flower usage to less that 15 times a year, I can say that for me, no matter the % of sativa influence, flower in general vs it’s essential oil counterpart tends to have a sedating couchlock effect from the actual burning vegetable matter smoke being mixed into the essential oil smoke ur inhaling when you smoke flower. It tends to make me tired and the only way I can see getting high enough to forget your anxiety while still being there enough to carry on a conversation with someone new.
To each their own tho.

The closest I’ve come to this is some wax I got from DJ short personally of both vanilluna, cocoa kush, and f13, all of which have his flo strain in it to varying degrees. And for those of you who didn’t know, flo has anti anxiety phenos popping up at certain percentages.... apparently blue heaven was his holy grail for anti anxiety as each pheno was an anti anxiety pheno...
more recently I got a leeroyOG(RareDankness)XFireOG shatter that was getting me very close to that place.
I’ve had some Nevs Haze shatter that was amazing, but it was more introspective, which I think comes from the Thai it leans towards... sorta a take your breath away type high.

I’ll be watching this thread.
Thanks for this post.
Interesting tip on the Flo. I like berry strains for work.
Got sent some red Congo/f13 f1 seed last year.
Hope I can plant them soon.
They r meant to have a strong aphrodisiac pheno also.

I have had CBD Nordle in the past and can also say it was excellent for anxiety

Recently I been doing CVD via Tinctures on a daily basis

I was having fear issues leaving house and praise God for the plant as I am back driving

I have used 20:1, 10:1, 5:1, and 1:1 CBD: THC

Also went opposite route with 1:2, 1:4 and 1:8 CBD: THC

My thoughts are the 20:1 is only good to rescue you from too much THC like when I tried RSO and was freaking out

10:1 and 5:1 feel incredible at blocking negativity and feeling upbeat with no psychoactive component other than decreased anxiety and depression

1:1 is my sweet spot for when I am already out in a social setting as it adds a bit of ease and lubricant

All the ones that had more THC were blah

If you wanna get high even an 8:1 THC:CBD muddles the effects or mini mixes them however you wanna put it

I am in a medical state and started experimenting with all the above ratios in October so still learning each day

Cheers, Curious, thanks for the input.
Some good personal research.

Back