Strain suggestions for crossing with ...

Islandgrower

2021 COE Winner
Hi guys ,as I know you guys are the most knowledgeable guys to answer this question . And I am sure you will enjoy to see them grown out after the cross is complete ,which I will post here.
So now I have a bit of seeds of a morrocan strain , no further info 🤔 and I would love to hear your input as to which of the mns library of strains should I choose to cross it with .
I grew 2 plants previously and it was like smoking straight hash. (Hashplant maybe)

Hi guys ,as I know you guys are the most knowledgeable guys to answer this question . And I am sure you will enjoy to see them grown out after the cross is complete ,which I will post here.
So now I have a bit of seeds of a morrocan strain , no further info 🤔 and I would love to hear your input as to which of the mns library of strains should I choose to cross it with .
I grew 2 plants previously and it was like smoking straight hash. (Hashplant maybe)
Hi Islandgrower
If the plants are already good quality, maybe you should grow out a lot of seed and select the best females and males
Do one open pollenation with all( keeping cuttings of all plants) then select a few MNS types to cross this with.
If you have a nice male or two from the moroccan seed then you could use one of the high thc/resin type females.
To test the males against.
For example:
Black Widow x Moroccan
Totally different types so you can see what the male contributes .
SkunkHaze x Moroccan
Different flower times for the females and unrelated genetics ?
should allow you to see what the males bring.
Many seasons to do this. Have fun
🤩

That is a well thought out process i may have to substitute black widow with another strain but definitely doable. Thank you for the input
Hi Islandgrower
If the plants are already good quality, maybe you should grow out a lot of seed and select the best females and males
Do one open pollenation with all( keeping cuttings of all plants) then select a few MNS types to cross this with.
If you have a nice male or two from the moroccan seed then you could use one of the high thc/resin type females.
To test the males against.
For example:
Black Widow x Moroccan
Totally different types so you can see what the male contributes .
SkunkHaze x Moroccan
Different flower times for the females and unrelated genetics ?
should allow you to see what the males bring.
Many seasons to do this. Have fun
🤩

I like @axiom’s thinking. Best to confirm first what you have to work with. Stable?
In combining, you looking for effect, yield, structure? I wonder if combined with NL5xAfg or MedMan, even something with G13- like G13xSk

🤙Mu

I like @axiom’s thinking. Best to confirm first what you have to work with. Stable?
In combining, you looking for effect, yield, structure? I wonder if combined with NL5xAfg or MedMan, even something with G13- like G13xSk

🤙Mu
Based on the 2 females I got it borders on very homozygous for taste and structure . They were almost identical for terps only the terp intensity differed a little. Tasted like hash if that helps

🤙Mu
Hmmm you have some great suggestions especially seeing i already have about 4 medman phenos to grow again . I have to keep better track of the plants I have lol. Veg is a bit over stuffed for my lighting .20210223_184110_compress7.jpg20210223_184113_compress27.jpg

How big do these morrocans get?
Is it sat or indi?
Are they needing a potency influx?
Do they need stronger stems or bigger buds?

To say "hay, I have (insert random plant name without describing anything about it) and want (insert unknown qualities) what should I cross it to?" is a bit beyond anyone that has an iota of sense to answer.
Details, spill them and only then can someone give even a remotely feasible answer.

Ok seems you posted pics while I posted this.
Man those plants are all over, some cuttings, some seed plants, no 2 alike that I can see.
ARE those all from the same seed stock ? If so, personally I'd toss em ....but that's just my opinion.
Grow them out and make a selection saving the selected pheno via cutting cause man.....those things are all over the place.

Last edited:
How big do these morrocans get?
Is it sat or indi?
Are they needing a potency influx?
Do they need stronger stems or bigger buds?

To say "hay, I have (insert random plant name without describing anything about it) and want (insert unknown qualities) what should I cross it to?" is a bit beyond anyone that has an iota of sense to answer.
Details, spill them and only then can someone give even a remotely feasible answer.

Ok seems you posted pics while I posted this.
Man those plants are all over, some cuttings, some seed plants, no 2 alike that I can see.
ARE those all from the same seed stock ? If so, personally I'd toss em ....but that's just my opinion.
Grow them out and make a selection saving the selected pheno via cutting cause man.....those things are all over the place.
I respect your opinion and you ask some very pertinent questions . As for the pics I posted you are correct they have quite a few strains going there mostly clones for now. I got quick kush ,a few critical haze phenos , few diff medman phenos , a critical haze f2 . As I was told the strain should be a moroccan "landrace" the taste is pure hashish. As far as I know what hash tastes like. Usually we get moroccan hash. It appears pretty stable with an indica structure and flower time.
As for what I am searching for ...... all I can say i guess I will know when I find it . I think 🤔 yield can be improved on and probably structure to let it grow larger . I do enjoy the taste 😋 and the potency is very good. Nit sure about clone ability. I enjoy growing and it is just for me and my wife and if friends come over so i can knock their socks off with some top notch. The 2 phenos of medman are both awesome . I haven't flowered the other 2 phenos yet due to losing the mother plants prior to flower.

I wouldn't think moroccan herb would make potent ganja. I'm pulling this out of my ass but I think Moroccan landraces are derived from cannabis sativa aka hemp, I don't think it ever had high thc numbers but are made into hash or kif. If it were me i would try to keep the line pure and grow it from seed to hash. If it is lacking in one quality try to find a MNS variety that can improve on that trait without losing the character that you like about the moroccan. If we can put aside the mns/ghs tribalism for a moment, this video shows moroccan landraces....

I wouldn't think moroccan herb would make potent ganja. I'm pulling this out of my ass but I think Moroccan landraces are derived from cannabis sativa aka hemp, I don't think it ever had high thc numbers but are made into hash or kif. If it were me i would try to keep the line pure and grow it from seed to hash. If it is lacking in one quality try to find a MNS variety that can improve on that trait without losing the character that you like about the moroccan. If we can put aside the mns/ghs tribalism for a moment, this video shows moroccan landraces....
Thanks I forgot about that video 📹 I can look and see how it compares in stature to the plants from beans i have . The strain i received is pretty potent btw. Thanks

So many many many roads with even more sidepaths which makes this an obsession considering details in details :)

Siberian Ruderalis only has 1% THC but she is extremely sturdy. You even must crack the seeds before germinating to improve germ succes by 80%. They handle temperature drops, the freezing cold and high humidity without fearing botrytis.

It is all oh so amazing I must restrain myself not to plant more, and more and more :D

Back