Stable High-CBD strain?

AhsocDT

Are there any strains with consistent high CBD to THC ratios?
That's something I'd really like to see in the CBD-crew portfolio.
Like 20:1 CBD:THC

They are at 2 to 1 now, if they hit 3 or 4 I would think it max out. I doubt there are allot of strains that reliably produce 20thc to 1 cbd, let alone the other way...

Are there any strains with consistent high CBD to THC ratios?
That's something I'd really like to see in the CBD-crew portfolio.
Like 20:1 CBD:THC

Some CBD Crew plants tested near 20% CBD and 1% THC, but nothing released yet consistently produces that far ratio.

I actually asked one of the girls from resin seeds if there will be a strain like that in the future, and she said the crew is currently working on stabilizing one but it'll take some time and testing as they have much work on their hands. hopefully we'll hear something official soon enough.

OK, I decided to seek the High CBD grail.
Before I spend 100€ on a pack of Cannatonic, I'd like to know if the feminized version has a chance for High CBD offspring. Any experiences?
Regular Cannatonic is not available unfortunately.

i would guess that they are "1:1" (?) ...think you would need the regs and a test kit (?)

...although i haven't done any research.

also...having not done research - i dunno how easy a high CBD pheno is to find (?) (- on how much you would need to spend on seeds too ...in addition to the test kit).

expensive venture i fear :confused:!!!

i would guess that they are "1:1" (?) ...think you would need the regs and a test kit (?)

...although i haven't done any research.

also...having not done research - i dunno how easy a high CBD pheno is to find (?) (- on how much you would need to spend on seeds too ...in addition to the test kit).

expensive venture i fear :confused:!!!

Regular Cannatonic: 25% chance for high CBD, 50% for 1:1, 25% for high THC. Sold out everywhere
Feminized Cannatonic: No data available :(
Feminized Dieseltonic: Resin Seeds says it has the same chances as reg. Cannatonic but I can find no lab test results

Will probably risk it and get the fem. Dieseltonic

Aye, it's going to be expensive but when I have a mother, I want to give free clones to friends as backups

they are "in stock soon" apparently at seedsman(.com) (?) - dunno if that is bullshit.

i wouldn't do anything too hasty !!!.

presumably it will be a couple of weeks as opposed to months or something in various places around the net ...if seedman are to be believed (?)

- there seems like there is quite a few random CBD strains popping up now

- i read that CBD crew even had input on a autoflowering one !!! (?) ...which seems a bit strange.

...like thinking as it seems nowish the market is going to be flooded - cannatonic / otto #1 etc may be a little easier to purchase in the near future ?

- i dunno,

sorry if of little help with speculatory nature!!!

regards,

they are "in stock soon" apparently at seedsman(.com) (?) - dunno if that is bullshit.
Well noticed! I will ask Seedsman about it and relay the information here.

i wouldn't do anything too hasty !!!.

presumably it will be a couple of weeks as opposed to months or something in various places around the net ...if seedman are to be believed (?)

- there seems like there is quite a few random CBD strains popping up now
Yeah I'm skeptical about a lot of them. CBD Crew is the only brand I fully trust so far, after seeing results and having grown some myself. But CBD-crew only has 1:1

- i read that CBD crew even had input on a autoflowering one !!! (?) ...which seems a bit strange.

...like thinking as it seems nowish the market is going to be flooded - cannatonic / otto #1 etc may be a little easier to purchase in the near future ?

- i dunno,

sorry if of little help with speculatory nature!!!

regards,

Thanks for your effort!

hehe

i was thinking about the whole CBD thing recently.

what with ganj "intrinsically being a "psychoactive medicine"" and "psycho-activity" somewhat "tinkering" with the brain i.e. the "control panel" of the body on some level (?)

(...so very much bullshit already hehe).

and with "pharmaceutical medicine", allegedly offering like the conventional things that MMJ is stated of offering - but anecdotally for individuals potentially not working too great, or having abhorrent side effects etc (vs. "cannabis being a good alternative/addition" ...very allegedly! (..in context of statement) (...depending on severity of illness etc etc ETC (...too many variables).

like is the THC actually considerably important (?) - does it "defragment" the "control panel" or something, which filters down to the body ?.

...like you may never be without .1 % THC or something (?)

- all obviously whimsical speculation.

i was just wondering anyhoo, (IF thc can be tollerated for an individual), maybe then "1:1" is the one to make medicine from (?), what with it being the middle ground and seemingly all encompassing ("holistic") as opposed to more of one or t'other !?

hope that makes sense (?); ramblings of an idiot no doubt.

...in the same breath i also wonder sometimes that ganj (or THC) just makes you deluded, confusing.

- presumably one can't be too rational being under influence of a "psychoactive substance"!

good luck with your venture anyhoo!!!

UPDATE:
Seedsman said they're hoping to get regular Cannatonic "very soon".

UPDATE:
2 packs of CBD-crew Z7 are currently available in the auctions. Z7 has a chance for high CBD!

Last edited:
it seems seedsman use the stoners definition of "very soon" and not the dictionary's one !!!

bah

I know nothing that is why I am asking

I have heard from more than one source that plain ole Hemp has a high CBD level- in fact they are using it politically in my state to grow hemp crops- competeing with the medical marijuana initiative - The best info I have found lately has been on this forum so wondering what your opinions are and remember- I am asking - not telling….
Please and Thank-You!:)

I have heard from more than one source that plain ole Hemp has a high CBD level- in fact they are using it politically in my state to grow hemp crops- competeing with the medical marijuana initiative - The best info I have found lately has been on this forum so wondering what your opinions are and remember- I am asking - not telling….
Please and Thank-You!:)

A German study from 1996 measured the CBD content of several fiber hemp strains.
They found some CBD but the overall levels were low. The CBD level never exceeded 5% and is unstable, all over the place.
Maybe there is a diecious fiber hemp strain with high CBD and good total resin production but I don't know of any, sadly.

It might be worth it if you grow outdoors and extract the resin. In fact, this is how one European pharmaceutical company produces CBD.
They grow diecious hemp, extract the CBD and chemically turn half of it into THC. It's ridiculously expensive but the only way for them to legally produce on an industrial scale.

http://www.inaro.de/Deutsch/Kulturpf/Hanf/THC.HTM

Rough translation:
Sampling and analysis of cannabinoids

The collection of samples was performed according to de Meijer et al. (1992). The top 30 cm of 30 blossoms of female habitus (female or monoecious) was harvested and dried at 40 degrees Celsius per sample. Seeds and stems were excreted for the analysis.

The THC and CBD analysis took place with gas chromatography.
The extraction agent was chloroform - methanol (9:1).
The THC and CBD content was determined as the sum of THC and THC-acids or CBD and CBD-acids and related to the dry matter.

Results and Discussion

The current limit in Switzerland of 0.5 % THC was rarely exceeded in the analyzed varieties (Figure 1). The French varieties Fedora 19 Felina 45 and Futura 77, and the Hungarian varieties Kompolti and Uniko-B were clearly lower. A single value at Futura 77 was higher with 1.17% THC. The CBD content was also very high, so that the ratio of THC / CBD was 0.33 . According to the definition , which takes into account the THC / CBD ratio, this sample was still as industrial hemp . Some samples of the variety Kompolti hybrid TC were higher than 0.5%. For this reason, this species can not be authorized for cultivation .

Individual plants in the field (variety Futura 77 ) had different THC and CBD percentages , although morphologically they looked the same ( Figure 2a). Some of these individuals reported to 0.95 % THC , 2.45% CBD other up . The importance of a sufficiently large number of individuals in the sample could be shown .

The THC content of the variety Fedora 19 was in no way dependent on the height above sea level, where the cultivation took place ( Figure 2b). This contradicts the frequent statement that the THC content increases with height above the sea.

Attachments

• Image10.gif
    Image10.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
thanks for that AhsocDT,

tehehe, would that make hemp a "1:1" strain then ?!

i read somewhere that high nitrogen restricts THC production and also that high UV light can diminish CBD - do you think that is BS / or know of any other potential factors for trying to get the last drips of CBD output out of a plant ?.

..i was thinking that a high feed hps set up might be "slightly better" for yielding CBD potentially ? (obviously subjective to genetics of plant).

is that stupid ?

thanks

it seems seedsman use the stoners definition of "very soon" and not the dictionary's one !!!

bah

Aye, it's too bad. Cannatonic feminized is now sold out too.
I contacted Seedsman and they said they're expecting it "real soon".

thanks for that AhsocDT,

tehehe, would that make hemp a "1:1" strain then ?!
The ratios look similar. Hemp could be worth it if it's legal in your country, grown outdoors, and you can make extracts.
i read somewhere that high nitrogen restricts THC production and also that high UV light can diminish CBD - do you think that is BS / or know of any other potential factors for trying to get the last drips of CBD output out of a plant ?.

..i was thinking that a high feed hps set up might be "slightly better" for yielding CBD potentially ? (obviously subjective to genetics of plant).

is that stupid ?

thanks

I have no idea, sorry. All I ever read is that it's mostly in the genes.

On the west coast (Cali and Washington that I know of) there is a strain called AC/DC that pulls 21% CBD while having virtually no THC it's clone only. If you can source some Southern Humboldt Seed company Sour Tsunami tests have hit 14% on those. I know of someone with a 16% CBD Cannatonic but I don't recall the thc, I'm not a fan of fem'd seeds so I've not purchased any canna tonic.

I personally have a Harlequin plant with 9.5% CBD and 5.9 THC a few international breeders are working at crossing that strain (TGA for one, but I can't recommend anything they produce).

on the synergy wellness site they say acdc is cannatonic crossed with ruderalis:eek: MNS ac/dc is widow x hazeAC.

I guess if its a clone being passed around then it's not an autoflower.

edit: my mistake... ac/dc is just a pheno of cannatonic germed by dr. courtney. I'm not sure why it was renamed, here's the test results...

http://www.resinseeds.net/medicinalcannabis,en.html

its on line 6... 19.8% cbd

I wonder if charlottes web, r4, ac/dc and avikedel are all the same?

Last edited:
cbd crew now has a feminized autoflowering cbd rich plant with 1:1 and 2:1 cbd to thc.

I saw them over at herbies and seedsman. Grass-O-Matic MED GOM 1.0

Grass-O-Matic just released their new Sugar GOM CBD too. They are claiming the first 2:1 CBD:THC ratio in every plant. We bought 20 of them, had 9 make it to a reportable growth level (1/3 of the seedlings just died randomly...weird, never had it happen before), and then tested for CBD with our favorite lab. 7 of 9 were THC only, 2 contained CBD--BUT...those with any detectable CBD were 4:1 and 2:1 THC:CBD, respectively (not CBD:THC, all THC dominant). Talk about some lofty claims with little follow through!

Back