SSH Pheno Identification

Demosthenes

Shanti, I'm in the middle of an SSH grow and would 1st off like to say, The SSH pheno I'm growing is hands down the most beautiful plant i've grown. That's not saying much as I'm sorta new to this hobby, but am loving it. I am curious though..I've heard varying reports as to finish time and my particular pheno was slow to start budding. She is currently at 35 days and bud sites are abundant and vigrous now, she is still Dark Green and still growing vertically although has slowed in the last week.

My main question is, can you verify the pheno from these photos??

I also have a male SSH that is Short internode, dark green w/ long sat fingered leaves. He started flowering after 14 days 12/12 and was quite vigrous. He is at 25 days and dropping pollen, I also see the beggining of trich development. His one flaw was a spotting condition he had from seedling where after a few weeks each set of fan's would get white bleach spots and crinkle I have no pests and aside from light nutrients use only RO and Epsom foliar on the males when called for. No apparent N,Cal/Mg, P or K issue as far as I can tell as I use neutral soil. Could this be a disease condition in the roots via soil contamination or something? Mostly I'm wondering if there is any genetic link to this?? I.e a runt w/ crinkled leaves which he did have early on or did I likely do something incorrectly?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

P.S. she's was vegged for a month until 11" tall, being fed about 1.3 EC of Advanced Nutrients Base/Supplementals under 400w HPS and is currently 40+" tall. so far almost 4 x stretch. I'm careful not to feed to many aminos' to here to avoid stretching but think something in my supplement may be contributing also.

sorry for the spilling all this info on you... I wanna make the most of this girl and wanna learn this strain intimately. She's cloned and ready for more action!

-Demos

Attachments

• MNS - SuperSilverHaze - 33f 1.JPG
    MNS - SuperSilverHaze - 33f 1.JPG
    536 KB · Views: 121
  • MNS - SuperSilverHaze - 33f 2.JPG
    MNS - SuperSilverHaze - 33f 2.JPG
    549.7 KB · Views: 79
  • MNS - SuperSilverHaze - 33f 3.JPG
    MNS - SuperSilverHaze - 33f 3.JPG
    638.2 KB · Views: 108
hey demosthenes

I am not shanti but I I have grown this SSH phenotype ( or very close ) . Youll have very good yields with this pheno , and very nice sized calyxes with lots lots of trichomes . This is a skunk/hazy dominant SSH pheno . It doesnt stretch TOO much ( I mean there are more stretch plants in super silver haze , but there are some more stocky as well ) and will finish in 10-11 weeks . I have post some pics of this pheno somewhere around in this forum. This pheno ( and actually this strain ) can take lots of nutrients , at least this was my experience . She seems to have a lot of N in her so make sure you give more P-K now . She will need it ;)

if you have any other question, let me know :)

Make greeks proud ;)

Last edited:
l33t, Thanks for the info bro. Any experience w/ this plant from those in the know is welcome! That's awesome. she is a lil stinker and has virtually stopped vertical growth now. 2 supercroppings kept her at about 42".

I can only imagine how stretchy the others might be. wow. I've grown mostly indy's so the whole experience is kinda new. I guess my LST and topping skills may be put to the test for hte other beans. LOL.

Yes, she loves her N it seems. and takes every bit of it better than all my others at this stage. I've recently added a healthy dose of PK9/18 to the regiment so hope to keep her balanced for the bud and resin production beggining to kick into overdrive.

I do have a few ?'s I have clones of her which rooted pretty easy. If her progress to this point is any indication I will keep a mother plant for sure!!
So...How does she respond to topping?

what Is this pheno suppose to smell and taste like say at the chop and post cure??

Thanks again

Demos

Pics are from 42-47 Days 12/12.

I increased the P and K a bit and she seems to be taking off into resin production and beginning to swell. I'm quite happy w/ her. She doesn't seem to have much odor yet, kinda just a sweet/earthy smell, she is pushing trichs now and can see the calyx's frosting up just like all the bomb photos I've seen.

I also put a 7" clone into 12/12 last week from her lower branch and get an idea how the clones grow in comparison.

Attachments

• MNS - SuperSilverHaze - 42f 1.JPG
    MNS - SuperSilverHaze - 42f 1.JPG
    641.8 KB · Views: 56
  • MNS - SuperSilverHaze - 42f 4.JPG
    MNS - SuperSilverHaze - 42f 4.JPG
    325.8 KB · Views: 31
  • MNS - SuperSilverHaze - 47f 1.JPG
    MNS - SuperSilverHaze - 47f 1.JPG
    586.3 KB · Views: 66
  • MNS - SuperSilverHaze - 47f 2.JPG
    MNS - SuperSilverHaze - 47f 2.JPG
    555.6 KB · Views: 40
:)

SSH must be the olnl haze pheno thats not a nightmare to grow!
Nice smoke!
Looks great, well grown!
What ferts are you useing! They look lush green

:)

Hi all

Well you are doing a great job for someone who is new to this hobby....well done.

The phenotype that suits alot of growers of this strain finish around 10 weeks, but you can finish some of the clones of these girls a little earlier when you have done a few grows on her. The phenotype in these photos is a fairly good representation of the skunk and NL part...from what I can make out on the pictures. If the bud is more airy but dense looking you will have a girl towards the Haze side of things, but the combination will only really be tested in the sampling of the plant in dry.

Would be better to hear in your own words rather than putting particular features on it myself, how it tastes to you. So keeping an eye on things and looking forward to seeing the results and further info as it progresses.All the best Sb

Back