Shit - looking for a keeper and a nice male for some seeds

The two sativa types shits I preferred went about 9+ weeks. Also had one similar to your number 2, but it really knocked me out so did not run it more than twice. I made a few threads somewhere on this strain with plenty of pics.

Anyhow the two I liked were very much like your one and three, great vigor, great cloners, nice yielders, good piney, sweet citrus tones and a consistent pleasant "old school" high time and time again.

The two sativa types shits I preferred went about 9+ weeks. Also had one similar to your number 2, but it really knocked me out so did not run it more than twice. I made a few threads somewhere on this strain with plenty of pics.

Anyhow the two I liked were very much like your one and three, great vigor, great cloners, nice yielders, good piney, sweet citrus tones and a consistent pleasant "old school" high time and time again.
very interesting sysadmin, thanks a bunch! :) i had a look at your threads, great stuff! last pics here are @31 days of real flowering (for#1 and #2 other 2 are younger), so i guess i still have some time to go... :) what about flowering time of the more indica pheno (#2)? anyways, i was thinking that overwhelming berry/fruity/candy/bubblegum odour #1 has (and also #3 since some days :)), must come from the afgan dom side... what do you think? thanks man :)
I'm all out of the Shit. I'm bummin' :(

:D sorry for you dude! me, i can't wait to try out some! :D

No doubt the afghan dom enhances the berry/fruity overtones as well as some indica sensations in the high. I also believe the AF dom gives quite a bit of purpling to some plants and/or offspring. (see my attached shots of PC offspring using Shit females). The real sweet sativa smells may actually be from the mexican side of SK1, at least it reminds me of that. When doing PC with proven shit clones x mixed LN pollen the shit dominance is obvious in many of the offspring. One thing I notice about my 1, 3 type cuts is they smoke similarly in that the buds hiss/cackle when burning very much like a good airy sativa does as calyxes burn. I just love how it hisses and cackles in the water pipe bowl.

The more indy dom I ran (possibly like your #2) that knocked me out finshed around the same time but it could have easily been taken at 8 weeks. Its smell was much more acrid and reeking and would stink like RKS when being smoked. The nugs were much harder and lacked the hiss/cackle when burning and the smoke was thicker and a bit harsher. The high would give me a confused, stupefying buzz ala 2x4 to the head. There were other phenos from seed that were similar to #2 but the highs were a bit cloudy/dulling as well. However for commercial purposes #2 was probably a good choice as those I gave it to all really liked it and it produced like a CM pheno. The plant pictured below, mosh, (ln x shit) has similar high to #2 even though its mother was similar to 1, 3. Like 2 that I let go, mosh will make you dizzy and disoriented if too much is smoked ala the Alzheimer effect.

Either way you should have some quality smoke in a month or so looking forward to harvest shots and smoke report.

Last edited:
No doubt the afghan dom enhances the berry/fruity overtones as well as some indica sensations in the high. I also believe the AF dom gives quite a bit of purpling to some plants and/or offspring. (see my attached shots of PC offspring using Shit females). The real sweet sativa smells may actually be from the mexican side of SK1, at least it reminds me of that. When doing PC with proven shit clones x mixed LN pollen the shit dominance is obvious in many of the offspring. One thing I notice about my 1, 3 type cuts is they smoke similarly in that the buds hiss/cackle when burning very much like a good airy sativa does as calyxes burn. I just love how it hisses and cackles in the water pipe bowl.

The more indy dom I ran (possibly like your #2) that knocked me out finshed around the same time but it could have easily been taken at 8 weeks. Its smell was much more acrid and reeking and would stink like RKS when being smoked. The nugs were much harder and lacked the hiss/cackle when burning and the smoke was thicker and a bit harsher. The high would give me a confused, stupefying buzz ala 2x4 to the head. There were other phenos from seed that were similar to #2 but the highs were a bit cloudy/dulling as well. However for commercial purposes #2 was probably a good choice as those I gave it to all really liked it and it produced like a CM pheno. The plant pictured below, mosh, (ln x shit) has similar high to #2 even though its mother was similar to 1, 3. Like 2 that I let go, mosh will make you dizzy and disoriented if too much is smoked ala the Alzheimer effect.

Either way you should have some quality smoke in a month or so looking forward to harvest shots and smoke report.

man, thanks a lot for your great contributions! interesting that the mexican heritage could be responsible of the super sweet smell (haven't thought about it). i have read here somewhere a post by shanti, where he was explaining the origins of the skunk line, and he was mentioning the spiraling bud formation as a trait coming from the mexican side of sk1. great purple colours of yours! :) mosh sounds intriguing... is LN, la nina? also, nice info about #2/indica pheno... i really like sometimes a very hard indica smoke, so i'm quite happy and excited about all these nice fruits... some updates in the next days! peace&love

Last edited:
boys & girls,
here i am with a shit update! :)

thanks to sysadmin and others here, i have a better idea about phenotypes of shit. i don't have much to add since last update, so let pictures speak for themselves... ;-)

shit #1 - pheno #1 sativa leaning pheno. she's doing great in the 6,5 L pot and @43 days of real flowering. i think she will need 2-3 more weeks. a couple of days ago she probably got her last feed... i want the taste to be as nutes-free as possible. ;-) she still has this super strong berry gum/candy smell. if you touch her and smell your finger, this odour is overwhelming and you can only smell that fruity odour. nice.
libeccio-albums-shit-picture10939-shit-1-6-5-l-pot-%40-43-days-flowering.jpg

libeccio-albums-shit-picture10940-shit-1-6-5-l-pot-%40-43-days-flowering.jpg

libeccio-albums-shit-picture10941-shit-1-6-5-l-pot-%40-43-days-flowering.jpg

shit #3 is definetely the same pheno as #1. the odour has become almost the same. the differ only in structure and that's because #3 was born with 2 apicals and developed as a topped plant. here she is in the 2,7 L pot and @ about 35 days of real flowering.
libeccio-albums-shit-picture10946-shit-3-2-7-l-pot-33-days-flowering.jpg

libeccio-albums-shit-picture10947-shit-3-2-7-l-pot-33-days-flowering.jpg

libeccio-albums-shit-picture10945-shit-3-2-7-l-pot-33-days-flowering.jpg

libeccio-albums-shit-picture10950-shit-3-2-7-l-pot-33-days-flowering.jpg

plant #2 - pheno #2 indica leaning pheno - 2,7 L pot, about 41 days of real flowering. i can tell she is very fast. i have already stopped nutes, only water for her since about 10 days ago. hard rock buds! the rotten smell has somehow gone in the background, the main smell is an old school skunk smell, with some nice incense and spices background. this incense background reminds me of a very nice shiva skunk i use to have. i think i'm gonna chop her soon, in 10 days or so (i like to chop with most cloudy and very few amber... over the grows i have found that's the way i like it most ;-)).
libeccio-albums-shit-picture10942-shit-2-2-7-l-pot-%40-41-days-flowering.jpg

libeccio-albums-shit-picture10943-shit-2-2-7-l-pot-%40-41-days-flowering.jpg

libeccio-albums-shit-picture10944-shit-2-2-7-l-pot-%40-41-days-flowering.jpg

plant #4 should be this pheno #2. the odour is the same, the structure is different: #2 has alligned buds formation and #4 has partially spiraling bud formation, and this detail is making her filling most gaps in the main stem, and hopefully resulting in a badass main cola. :) also #4 is even shorter and stockier with very little branching... i haven't spoke about her much, but she is great! very very hungry... i could have fed her more as you see from thos yellow fans... she's in the 2,7 l pot and @ about 29 days real flowering.
libeccio-albums-shit-picture10948-shit-4-2-7-l-pot-29-days-flowering.jpg

libeccio-albums-shit-picture10949-shit-4-2-7-l-pot-29-days-flowering.jpg

clones are doing nice as well. i got 100% rooting rate with shit, really easy to clone. my future shit mums are doing fine as well... :)
here's my small veg area. there are also a couple of nigerian sativa (bagseed) clones and 3 newborn (from seed) grapefruit x blueberry (chimera). have a nice day everyone! ciao! Lib.
libeccio-albums-shit-picture10957-veg-area-vegging-clone-rooting-clones-bonsai-mums.jpg

Last edited:
hey fellows!
as you can imagine, things are moving forward here. i harvested 2 of my shit plants. i'm already smoking #2 (more indica pheno - classic skunk), and -as expected- she has that classic old school skunk aroma and a knocking out high, also quite skunk typical. i'm not sure if i'm gonna keep this pheno... maybe if i decide to keep a classic skunk pheno, i'll go for #4 which has that classic aroma (still have to smoke her) but a more productive structure (quite short with super hard and dense buds).

a harvest pic for #2...
libeccio-albums-shit-picture11002-2-harvest.jpg

some shots from a couple of weeks ago, maybe a lil' more...
libeccio-albums-shit-picture11001-1.jpg

libeccio-albums-shit-picture11005-3.jpg

some days ago i harvested also #1, my oldest shit, @ about 10 weeks since first flowers. that's more or less what sysadmin told me about flowering time of the shit's sativa-leaning pheno. here she is before and after being cut.
libeccio-albums-shit-picture11008-1-%4010-weeks.jpg

libeccio-albums-shit-picture11007-1-%4010-weeks.jpg

libeccio-albums-shit-picture11009-1-harvest-%4010-weeks.jpg

#3 i would easily be one of the most resinous plants i've ever grown... impressive... i'm really looking forward to sample her! here at about 8 weeks... she'll need 10 days more (she's in a 2,7 L pot)
libeccio-albums-shit-picture11012-3-%40-circa-8-weeks.jpg

libeccio-albums-shit-picture11011-3-super-resinous-%40-circa-8-weeks.jpg

libeccio-albums-shit-picture11010-3-super-resinous-%40-circa-8-weeks.jpg

#4: super short plant with the most hard nugs. classic skunk aroma, with the reeking catpiss smell + some incense and spice (from the afgan side i guess...).
libeccio-albums-shit-picture11013-4-short-hard-rock.jpg

libeccio-albums-shit-picture11014-4-short-hard-rock.jpg

clones are also doing great. i'm already using a #1 and #2 clones as bonsai mums and already going perpetual with these (i've just started perpetual and it's great! i think shit was a good choice to dial in this kind o grow :)).
#1 clone alrealy flowering...
libeccio-albums-shit-picture11015-1-clone.jpg

#2 clones. multiple topping helped creating a nice more open structure. :)
libeccio-albums-shit-picture11016-2-clone.jpg

libeccio-albums-shit-picture11017-another-2-clone.jpg

i had to delete some past pictures from this thread because it won't let me add more than 50 pictures. i don't know if this is a album limit or a general limit?... so that's why some pics in the prev. pages got lost. :) anyways, i will get back to you with some other harvest pictures and some smoke reports.
thumbs up for the shit! :D cheers fellows! ciao!

lovely pics libeccio ,,yet to try the shit ,, I gave a friend a few beans and got to sample some I found one was very smooth creeper type effect nice smoke quite subtle on flavours I never got see the plant growing but the first thing that came to mind was a beer label that describes itelf as ,deceptifully smooth ,,gonna be trying it soon

lovely pics libeccio ,,yet to try the shit ,, I gave a friend a few beans and got to sample some I found one was very smooth creeper type effect nice smoke quite subtle on flavours I never got see the plant growing but the first thing that came to mind was a beer label that describes itelf as ,deceptifully smooth ,,gonna be trying it soon

thanks harvestreaper! :D i can't wait to try the sativa leaning ones myself! i have the feeling it's gonna be a really nice smoke... the smell is great! ciao and thanks again! :) Lib.

yeah, looking tasty. #1 looks like a nice yielder? Let us know how the 1, 3, 4 highs are, esp #3 as she looks like my type of plant. Am chopping some shits this week so may have to sling a few pics up here later.

Hello MNS,

Libeccio, you've got some wonderful plants I assure you. You plant #3 is quite similar to the 1988 HTCC winner, very resinous. I think you've got some keepers. :)

Let us know how they smoke.

Kind regards,

TheZ

yeah, looking tasty. #1 looks like a nice yielder? Let us know how the 1, 3, 4 highs are, esp #3 as she looks like my type of plant. Am chopping some shits this week so may have to sling a few pics up here later.

Hello MNS,

Libeccio, you've got some wonderful plants I assure you. You plant #3 is quite similar to the 1988 HTCC winner, very resinous. I think you've got some keepers. :)

Let us know how they smoke.

Kind regards,

TheZ

hey guys, thanks a lot for your comments! :) i have harvested #1, #3 and #4 (this one yesterday). i am sampling #1 and #3 and i can already tell that are really nice (even though i will wait for some more cure to be more precise). #1 lost her super-berry odour in late flowering, now it's a very sweet smell, like honey... fruity honey. when you light up a joint, this sweet honey aroma embraces you, but the smoke is different: this sweetnes plus a kind of traditional skunk-funk tinge. the effect is strong and nice, not the typical skunk high, a lot smoother and energizing, without being too energizing: if you smoke it at night you will desire your bed. :) i am dialing in my dry & cure method, expecialy the latter: found some really interesting infos on icmag about curing with no guess-work by placing an hygrometer inside the jar and aiming for certain rh values. maybe this is basic to some of you, but it's new to me and i'm excited as i can already tell this is gonna be a nice cure. so the jar looks like this:

libeccio-albums-more-shit-%3B-picture11026-jar-hygrometer.jpg

libeccio-albums-more-shit-%3B-picture11025-jar.jpg

these are from when i first jar'ed the product... now after 8-9 days i am at 62% the magical value for cure... buds are smoking better day after day...

i can already tell #3 is going to be a devastating smoke. i smoked the other day before a concert (i am a musician) and i'm used to and enjoy smoking before playing in some occasions... and it was a blast! really strong, i almost couldn't handle it. i will give you some sample pics this evening or tomorrow... man, buds are packed with resin! :) it has that sweet-honey aroma, plus some citrus and maybe a little more skunky... for now i am going to keep both #1 and #3... i have some interesting stuff on the go, i'll have a better idea of my keepers in a while. :) i have to smoke some #2 clones, as #2 is by far the best cloning plant and her clones have the most amazing vigour which is an interesting feature for this kind of grow.
#2 clone... doing great a couple of weeks of flowering...
libeccio-albums-more-shit-%3B-picture11022-2-clone.jpg

libeccio-albums-more-shit-%3B-picture11023-2-clone.jpg

#4 is also quite interesting. super hard mono-cola, incensey skunk afgan funk. the downside is some male flowers (not sterile). found bananas (mostly late flo, so nothing unordinary) in almost all shits (but #3) and a couple of seeds. nothing dramatic, 'ya know... :) actually #4 had some male preflowers but she turned out female... apart from this slightly intersex tendencies, #4 clones easy but her clones don't have great vigour. when they start, they run, but it takes a while... anyways here she is, shorty beauty! :)

libeccio-albums-more-shit-%3B-picture11019-4.jpg

libeccio-albums-more-shit-%3B-picture11020-4.jpg

libeccio-albums-more-shit-%3B-picture11021-4.jpg

i leave you with some delicious alcool hash from #1's trim... stay tuned for some dried buds shots! :D
libeccio-albums-more-shit-%3B-picture11027-alcool-hash-1-trim.jpg

Last edited:
...i just wanted to add that i am really happy i used this strain to dial-in my perpetual garden. it's nice, reliable, grows quite easy and smokes great. old school skunk stuff + some really nice sweet afgani features. reliable and rewarding. thumbs up for the Shit! :)

Love to see another successful shit grow, sounds like some stellar smoke. Been enjoying the hell out of my fresh sat dom shit as well, never has let me down.

Love to see another successful shit grow, sounds like some stellar smoke. Been enjoying the hell out of my fresh sat dom shit as well, never has let me down.

Hey sysadmin, thanks a lot for your comment and for following up this grow, you've been really helpful. :)
so i have harvested the last of the shits, #4, about 2 weeks ago. i am smoking it, another really nice old school skunk sweet smoke. it just has too much incense, which i used to like, but - tasting some different aromas in other strains - i realized that now i am more for different kind of tastes, so i am ot going to keep #4.
anyways, here she is, upon harvest-time:
libeccio-albums-more-shit-%3B-picture11050-shit-4-just-before-harvest.jpg

libeccio-albums-more-shit-%3B-picture11048-shit-4-just-before-harvest.jpg

libeccio-albums-more-shit-%3B-picture11047-shit-4-harvest.jpg

and i have decided my 2 keepers for now, #1 and #3. they ended up being 2 quite different smokes. #1 resembles a lot some afgan hashish, the good old "elastic" black stuff, very sweet and honey-ish. very nice balanced sativa/indica high. ebergizing and relaxing at the same time.

#3 might be my winner. a little cure has brought out some wonderful smells and tastes. she has this fantastic strawberry/cheese aroma, which make me think about strawberry ice cream (i have read that other people found this "red fruits" pheno, anyone here can confirm?). some citrus in the back, overall really a great smoke. sometimes it is so sweet it's kind of smoking a red fruits narghilè or something like that. i am really satisfied. ad it is also a real potent smoke, the strongest among these shits; you can tell by the amount of trichomes, visible with the naked eye...
libeccio-albums-more-shit-%3B-picture11046-shit-3-bud-cured-about-2-weeks.jpg

libeccio-albums-more-shit-%3B-picture11049-shit-3-bud-cured-about-2-weeks.jpg

i'll be flowering my #2 mum (too bad i'm not crazy about her smoke... her clones are super vigorous) and continue working with #1 ad #3.
Sooo... I really liked this strain, fairly easy to grow, interesting, nice variation and kind of "vintage". :) He agrees! :D
libeccio-albums-more-shit-%3B-picture11051-shit-good.jpg

Last edited:
Back