SHARKSHOCK ! Losing my Regs Cherry !

Zimbo

HAPPY 420 to one and ALL !

So I have been playing with Fems and a few autos ALL in order to learn to grow. After 2 years, I finally have the balls to go into my Mr.Nice stash of seeds.

I hope I will do the Forum justice with a nice grow diary. 5 seeds SHARKSHOCK

Attachments

• IMG_7189 copy.jpg
    IMG_7189 copy.jpg
    758.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I second the commotion!
BB b right on about the Shark!
A kind grow, a good yielding grow, definitely a worthwhile grow.
But I do think Nev should be Jimi Hendrix or perhaps Jeff Beck lol!

Aloha braddahs

Mu

I second the commotion!
BB b right on about the Shark!
A kind grow, a good yielding grow, definitely a worthwhile grow.
But I do think Nev should be Jimi Hendrix or perhaps Jeff Beck lol!

Aloha braddahs

Mu
LOL, I have had Mr.Nice seeds for 2 years now and I had plenty of reading time on the Forum, in order to chose the FIRST grow.
I figured the Trinity would form a Band: Song Writer/Bass, Guitar and Singer.

But I that I think of it, we need drums, hahaha

So I HATE rockwool. My germ rates are always rubbish. The seeds pop, then die. So all 5 SS seeds were chucked.

I popped another 2 but in a sippy cup full of growstones in a glass tray on a heating pad. So far so good, but if you look at the one on the right, you can see some fuzz/ I had to cut off that little cotyledon.

if it goes well, ill pop another 4

Attachments

• DSC09805 copy.jpg
    DSC09805 copy.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 10
Hey Zimbo- best of luck. The others are right; SS is a good variety to grow out.

As a fellow hydro grower I recommend Rapid Rooter or Root Riot plugs for seed starting. Once above ground the little plug can go into virtually any system and is easier to work with than Rockwool.

Best of luck with this grow, you’ll do great!

Rapid rooters are my go to germination choice, but rockwool is fine in a pinch.

I believe that almost all the germination issues we see are either too wet or too dry. Things need to be MOIST.

With rockwool you should NEVER squeeze it. The way I get it there is soaking it (in water pHed to around 5.8 if you are having issues), then pick up the cube of RW without squeezing, holding it loosely, raise it and make a quick downward flick without letting go OR squeezing it. Much water will be displaced. Do it several times, until it's not drippy at all. Put in the seed. Put it in an area with SLIGHT airflow. Every day or so after the first day, drizzle a FEW drops of CLEAN water and check daily.

IME rockwool can be almost as good for rooting as Rapid Rooters, not quite... though with Rapid Rooters you need to be VERY careful about pathogens, not as big an issue in RW.

I didn't absorb the part where they pop and then die.

IME damping off usually due to contamination from touching them. Even when trying to be super clean. If you need to touch, preferably use a bleach solution to clean your hands. While alcohol helps, its ability to kill pathogens is nowhere near as thorough as the oxidizers like chlorine, fluorine or iodine.

Too much airflow is also deadly to seedlings.

So I HATE rockwool. My germ rates are always rubbish. The seeds pop, then die. So all 5 SS seeds were chucked.

I popped another 2 but in a sippy cup full of growstones in a glass tray on a heating pad. So far so good, but if you look at the one on the right, you can see some fuzz/ I had to cut off that little cotyledon.

if it goes well, ill pop another 4

There’s a thread called Germination Machine over at icmag. Easy and cheap to build. Extremely high germination rates. Good luck.

M.

So Im too high to downsize 1.8M photos down to below 800k.

As I popped another batch of SharkShock, I decided to pop 4 Shit and 4 Spice. (May 1)

They were buried in crushed Growstones (amazing medium), in shot size sippy cups, placed in a Pyrex bowl placed over a heat mat.

The one surviving Sharkshock, got nuteburned by myself, 0.05ml of Clonex. Anyway, I rinsed the nutes out as best I could and left it to recover. As it was in the back, I didnt notice it had gone mouldy until it turned brown, I suspect it had infected the others. Only 1 Spice and the Shit twins (2 seedlings from 1 seed) survived.

On May 20th I poped 4 Spice and 4 Sharkshock. They took off beutifully with the sharkschock the fastest grower of all.

All the roots are long enough now so transplanted all to the Turbo cloner. They are all very small still. The older Shit and Spice are not that impressive either but thats what happend with my Current Cannatonic and now, she is a beast still in Veg.

Currently I have had to get very efficient with my power consumption as the Tird World country I live in is only supplying 8 to 12 hours a day. I only have a 2.8Kva generator but Im working on getting a bigger unit and just took a training course in solar power installations so I could hopefully make enough for 10Kva solar system, for house and grow room. At full tilt, my room alone needs 5Kva. I run full RDWC and DWC systems with a 4x4,4x8 and 10x10 tents with 3300W of Led lights and 2 Chillers.

Ok I feel a little better now, Im going to downsize some pics for upload.

Attachments

• IMG_2326 copy.jpg
    IMG_2326 copy.jpg
    719.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0831 copy.jpg
    IMG_0831 copy.jpg
    716 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7006 2 copy.jpg
    IMG_7006 2 copy.jpg
    714.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7478.JPG
    IMG_7478.JPG
    756.3 KB · Views: 14
I just checked that out, its an amazing plan. However, he states that he takes them out as soon as the hull cracks. I dont have that problem I use the drop in a shot glass of water with a couple drops of H2O2, in a dark box on a heat pad. My problem is for after that stage. So far the sippy cups to cloner has been the most successful. Ive never had a fuzzy mold occur before, but i have adopted new sterile measures and shit is going well. I dont anticipate any trouble moving on from here, only electrical power ones, maybe, lol.

What PlantManBee was saying is right, you must prepare your Rockwool, the manufacturering process of Rockwool has a lot of lime in it.

They say its prewashed but in my experience with Gordons stuff it isn't enough, if you fill a bucket with pH balanced water and let your cubes soak until they sink then collect the run off of the cube in a saucer or something and pH test the water, the reading will be around 8ish.

I do what PlantManBee was saying but then I soak them again and test again, repeat until run off is 5.8, I'll then leave them in the grow area over night before dropping pregerminated seeds into them, the flicking out of water is the most important thing too do.

I love Rockwool, I've never had good seeds not break the surface, it holds a good amount of moisture, you don't get damping off if your clean, it's easy to deal with, plants grow fast in it and it's so easy to then move it into what ever system your running.

I'd say your Rockwool was just to damp, that's something else to be aware of, its very easy to overwater seedlings in Rockwool, you can let it get real dry before watering again.

Sorry to give you the full "How to use Rockwool tutorial", been smoking some good sativa and I really like Rockwool.

Best of luck with your grow !

Back