Shark Shock

MegaWatts

Hi everyone !

Ran a few sharks and wanted to share a bit on this grow. I had one very shiny jewel of a plant and the rest were okay.
Ran 5 females, overall these are very nice plants to run easy to grow and big producers for the most part. The thing I noticed with this run was that selection is key as with all new strains, some had very little scent if any others were very strong. But all pulled good weight. Here is some pics of the best one.

Following the description from shanti I think this pheno best fits the description. It was great finished in only 45 DAYS ! one of the fastest plants ive grown personally. Its just frosted with resin. While it was growing it smelled like red grapefruit, candy, with hint of mango as well ! it was a very dese smell very nice. When it dried and cured a bit the smell changed to a very heavy tropical smell super nice white looking buds.

Attachments

• IMG_1075.JPG
    IMG_1075.JPG
    600.2 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_1084.JPG
    IMG_1084.JPG
    595.4 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_1083.JPG
    IMG_1083.JPG
    588.3 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_1087.JPG
    IMG_1087.JPG
    463.7 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_1088.JPG
    IMG_1088.JPG
    649.4 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1089.JPG
    IMG_1089.JPG
    761 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1091.JPG
    IMG_1091.JPG
    576.1 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1095.JPG
    IMG_1095.JPG
    694.7 KB · Views: 146
Hi everyone !

Ran a few sharks and wanted to share a bit on this grow. I had one very shiny jewel of a plant and the rest were okay.
Ran 5 females, overall these are very nice plants to run easy to grow and big producers for the most part. The thing I noticed with this run was that selection is key as with all new strains, some had very little scent if any others were very strong. But all pulled good weight. Here is some pics of the best one.

Following the description from shanti I think this pheno best fits the description. It was great finished in only 45 DAYS ! one of the fastest plants ive grown personally. Its just frosted with resin. While it was growing it smelled like red grapefruit, candy, with hint of mango as well ! it was a very dese smell very nice. When it dried and cured a bit the smell changed to a very heavy tropical

smell super nice white looking buds.

Very nice :eek:

Heres the other 4,

The first one had nice shaped buds pretty dense decent crystal but had a light scent

The second one was a pretty heavy plant weight wise but had no scent at all ??? maybe one it cures a bit ? but was low on crystal production

The third one was the shortest and I would say it came in a distant second to the keeper. Nice dense buds had some smell and decent resin production

The fourth plant is something I want to discuss. has anyone seen this pheno in any of MNS strains ? I have seen this exact plant now in shark shock, ash, NHS and G13/S Now each plant was different according to strain but I have seen this same structure same bud growth same crystal size and look in all these different strains. at least one will pop up and iam wondering what the common denominator is here ? Maybe something to do with a common parent ? They all look hazy to me, Anyone have any thoughts ?

The rest of these plants were cut at 8 weeks, none of them are keepers for me for several reasons. I do have some more seeds I might plant to see if I could top the keeper I found ;)
Will post pics of dried bud and smoke report when done

Attachments

• IMG_1115.JPG
    IMG_1115.JPG
    442.1 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1116.JPG
    IMG_1116.JPG
    416.5 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1117.JPG
    IMG_1117.JPG
    410 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_1118.JPG
    IMG_1118.JPG
    441.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1119.JPG
    IMG_1119.JPG
    479.6 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1120.JPG
    IMG_1120.JPG
    681 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1121.JPG
    IMG_1121.JPG
    431.9 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1122.JPG
    IMG_1122.JPG
    601.1 KB · Views: 108
Shark sure has a look of her own.

Very nice full plant indeed.

Is it as powerful as people speak about?

Is that keeper pheno you have until next run stinky?

I have a pack of these waiting and have been told there is a Monster Stinky pheno to be had, is this one similar?

Great thread and very nice pictures.:)

Wish you Greatness!

resinbud ;)

I like the one in the pics on your first post better too.

She seems able to pack down weight better.The plants in the second pics have that look where it could be hard to decide when to chop...the tops appear to "bolt" (most people call that "foxtailing"...you know,like when the little stems in the flower tops extend.) I remember seeing that in one of your ash posts too !

What you're saying about a common denominator within those varieties you've grown isn't just smoke out the bumbum...all these plants are listed to be of kin to the skunk family.Now I'm not saying all these said varieties are propagated by the same skunk strain,...,I don't know what's what and I don't wanna say things that are not nice to Mr.Nice...:)o)
I'm sure using a group of plants will tend to pass around certain common traits (wether desirable or not) when outcrossed to new lines.
I mean after all,skunk and haze plants share close lineage.

As usual Mega,your pics show how talented a cultivator you is.Love your plants:p !

Very nice full plant indeed.

Is it as powerful as people speak about?

Is that keeper pheno you have until next run stinky?

I have a pack of these waiting and have been told there is a Monster Stinky pheno to be had, is this one similar?

Great thread and very nice pictures.:)

Wish you Greatness!

resinbud ;)

hi Rb,

Thanks for stopping by, and the nice feedback :)
Yes the first plant is stinky as I described in the first post. When you rub up against this plant while growing it gives off that dense rotten fruit pineapple mango candy type smell which seems heavy in the air, if that makes any sense ?
These plants were tests just to see whats good the plants were only 3ft tall

Iam waiting to get a bit of a cure out of these before smoking

report coming soon

I like the one in the pics on your first post better too.

She seems able to pack down weight better.The plants in the second pics have that look where it could be hard to decide when to chop...the tops appear to "bolt" (most people call that "foxtailing"...you know,like when the little stems in the flower tops extend.) I remember seeing that in one of your ash posts too !

What you're saying about a common denominator within those varieties you've grown isn't just smoke out the bumbum...all these plants are listed to be of kin to the skunk family.Now I'm not saying all these said varieties are propagated by the same skunk strain,...,I don't know what's what and I don't wanna say things that are not nice to Mr.Nice...:)o)
I'm sure using a group of plants will tend to pass around certain common traits (wether desirable or not) when outcrossed to new lines.
I mean after all,skunk and haze plants share close lineage.

As usual Mega,your pics show how talented a cultivator you is.Love your plants:p !

iam honored by all the nice feedback thanks tapi and all that check out my threads. Iam glad everyone enjoys looking at plants as much as I do.

Your definitely right about the second group it was hard to know when they look done. The only reason I cut at 8 is cuz I know these wont be kept so I figured I wasn't loosing much.

Good observation I was thinking the same thing ! ;)

I might PM shanti about this question ?

Results

Hi everyone,

Here is some pics of the finished plants. I love the keeper phenol I found, I would say this is "The White" just covered in trichomes. The where one or two that were in second place but had less resin production.

The first pic is of the worst plant it was the one that went foxtail on me. It has no smell to speak of not a keeper

second pic is on of a plant that had an average quality and better resin production then the first. But again no real smell

Third pic is a plant better then the second due to having better appeal and good bud structure and resin very little smell tho

Fourth pic is a plant that came second to the white phenol. good crystally dense bud nice looks and this has a nice tropical smell to it

Fifth and sixth pic are of the white pheno heavy resin pics don't do it justice, nice tropical smell looks great dense bud !

The last pic is of the keeper beside the second place finisher. The keeper has double the crystal of the other one. Plants yielded well to with an average of 140g per plant. pretty good since the only about 30in tall. next up is the smoke reports.

Overall the Shark Shock is a great strain ! good producer nice dense nugz highly recommend trying this if you have not already.

I am always amazed at the Brazilian/south indian combo it has the ability to be a heavy resin producer. I cant wait to hopefully find a white BW pheno !

Attachments

• IMG_1149.JPG
    IMG_1149.JPG
    552.7 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_1152.JPG
    IMG_1152.JPG
    616.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1153.JPG
    IMG_1153.JPG
    487.6 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1146.JPG
    IMG_1146.JPG
    530.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1142.JPG
    IMG_1142.JPG
    615 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_1144.JPG
    IMG_1144.JPG
    553 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1155.JPG
    IMG_1155.JPG
    845 KB · Views: 143
oh wow,those pics are cool! I like that you posted pics of the living plants and pics associating the results along.

Hey,more than a quarter big one on a not even three foot tall plant?That's a chicken diner.(winner winner!)
Imagine the possibilities with something like that once they get good veg times in!
Nice frosty glare to'em in the pics too,they really look like they just came in from a snowy day.

I liked in the pictures of the live plants how you could see purple striping on the veins of the undersides of the leaves but they were green uptop( a Skunk trait maybe???)
Looks like you hit the "white" alright.I don't know much about growing the Widow,but I do know about smokin' it!Those buds look like they'd cake the baggie :p

Your keeper looks pretty damn special! I just saw on harborside's website that the shark shock that they offer tests @ 17%thc. It's higher than their og kushes, sour d, and other elites. I did see that 'the shire' tests at the highest though @ 20%, I think that's a cut of sssdh, but I aint sure.

Anyways, awesome grow, I'm stoked for my 1st sharks to come thru.

-mp

Thanks tapi,MP

Iam pretty happy about the white, cant wait to smoke some once they get outa tha jars !!

You will love the shark line MP good luck on ur future grow

wow megawatt im truly impressed by your keeper. 45 days and that many crystals? it's insane how it's white.

you make me want to hunt for such a pheno, im sure it would finish by end september very very esrly october, must be great for outdoors wow

good job man, you are a very good gardener !

mind if i ask what was your setup. for that growth im curious ( lights tent? air? )

thanks alot megawatt

ya I was pretty happy with it finishing in 45 days, would prob make a great outdoor plant if the rains don't come to early,
plants grown in coco, cana nutes and lots of light !

i susbcribe to this thread, can't wait for your smoke report on the keeper

looks like tasty buds (ur fav pheno one)my friend, you got that 45 days pheno out of 5 females wow ! i wish i could taste that. i almost never seen something that crystallized in real life... most of you guys are probably used to go in amsterdam hehe never went there

keep uo the good work megawatts, you made me consider shark shock for real, it's a great strain

would you say it's the "white pheno" everyone is looking for when growing that plant ?

peace

Popped the last 6 SS seeds I had ended up with 3 more females ! real good M/F ratio
2 are very indy like with tight spacing and one is all sativa its double the height of the other two !

Attachments

• IMG_1548.JPG
    IMG_1548.JPG
    695.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1549.JPG
    IMG_1549.JPG
    655.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1550.JPG
    IMG_1550.JPG
    728.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1552.JPG
    IMG_1552.JPG
    646.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1553.JPG
    IMG_1553.JPG
    643.6 KB · Views: 19
Just a little update,

The first pic is of the one plant that I think it is waaaay on the sativa side ?:confused:
Shes only about 6.5ft tall :eek: Streched like a mutha !
The other 2 are short lil indy girls about a third of the size

Attachments

• IMG_1564.JPG
    IMG_1564.JPG
    671.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1566.JPG
    IMG_1566.JPG
    620.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1567.JPG
    IMG_1567.JPG
    675 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1568.JPG
    IMG_1568.JPG
    522.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1569.JPG
    IMG_1569.JPG
    570.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1570.JPG
    IMG_1570.JPG
    426.5 KB · Views: 8
well here is the last ss that are going the tall sat leaning one had to go due to the fact it was showing nanners. The last to go real big and fat but the resin production is low on both. no where near the keeper found before.

Attachments

• IMG_1650.JPG
    IMG_1650.JPG
    724.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1651.JPG
    IMG_1651.JPG
    684.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1652.JPG
    IMG_1652.JPG
    558.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1653.JPG
    IMG_1653.JPG
    684.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1654.JPG
    IMG_1654.JPG
    623 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1655.JPG
    IMG_1655.JPG
    582.3 KB · Views: 20
Nice sharks, sorry to hear about the nanners. I have 10 sharks at 2 weeks hoping to find a frosty lady similar to the keeper you found earlier in this thread, going to be looking for the frostiest 8week or less to keep ,praying In fear no nanners appear in my pack . Cheers, good luck

Back