Shark Shock intersex issues?

'cuda

Is shark shock known for displaying high rates of hermaphroditism?

4/6 females have had issues between weeks 6&7. I've read other reports of them but wanted to seek others opinions.

Thanks
'Cuda

I wish you luck. I hope the two remaining specimens turn out nicely. They all looked great. Never had stress. No light leaks. Total darkness when lights out. ����

Last edited:
One outside in pot in full flower at moment. Couldn't be any more stressed than how it's currently growing. No balls. Same with an Ortega growing next to it. I'd say stressed inside for some reason. Heard clone run may show different results or keep intersex issues away. But thats a gamble not every grower could take..

What is suggested to do with female plants that start to show pollen sacks? Is it ok to keep growing them? Should one remove the pollen sacks when they grow?

widow cross are very sensible
What triggers the pollen sacks? A too short light schedule during veg? What kind of shocks to the plant one should avoid?

What is suggested to do with female plants that start to show pollen sacks? Is it ok to keep growing them? Should one remove the pollen sacks when they grow?

What triggers the pollen sacks? A too short light schedule during veg? What kind of shocks to the plant one should avoid?

depends on your needs with the plant growing.. the best thing to do with it, would be to get rid of it, not have to deal with issues. If it’s your one plant and you don’t want to wait, you can keep growing, removing as you see them. Stress triggers them. So many stress trigger with indoor plants. think everything to do with it’s growing, to much Or too little of anything has potential to cause stress. Constant light disruptions/leaks, heat and over feeding, you want to avoid..

It's a 2 plant grow. This particular clone was grown hydro for the first 5 weeks and then went to soil, the roots where already 30 cm (12 inch). The other one was always on soil, one got sacks the other not.

In case it finish flowering and some sacks open, how far can the pollen travel? Will it be a sure problem, and with problem I mean both plants pollinated, if the hermy and the female plant are in the same room with no air filtration?

It's a 2 plant grow. This particular clone was grown hydro for the first 5 weeks and then went to soil, the roots where already 30 cm (12 inch). The other one was always on soil, one got sacks the other not.

In case it finish flowering and some sacks open, how far can the pollen travel? Will it be a sure problem, and with problem I mean both plants pollinated, if the hermy and the female plant are in the same room with no air filtration?
Ok so the transplanted clone hermied must be the stress from that. The only strain I have seen a lone male flower on was a Ortega however I caught I early before it opened. And never put out any more flowers. It was a lower branch which did not receive sufficient light. . And I have read that's why it's best to lollipop branches like that. .

Rule of thumb...selecting 3 best females based on room and traits you are looking for...then flower them out as clones in at least x10 amount in same room with same elements all equal and see which clone is best suited to your way and the room...make a decision for commerce like this...but for pvt use it is not so much yield is as important as finding the effect that works best....so always good to understand what the plant you use is designed for....all the best Sb

so always good to understand what the plant you use is designed for
Can you share what the shark shock was designed for? :)

Or how to understand the design of a plant?
For design you mean also the medium that is best for the plant?

Back