Shanti & Nev will you work with the blue lines?

Joey's is said to be as close to the original 90s version as you can get these days.

The more and more I hear about this Joey guy, the more I like him. Sounds like he's got a knack for his craft. I'm pretty convinced I'm grabbing some of his C99 already, does he have anything else in his collection I should keep my eye out for?

Merry xmas every1!. I`m smoking some uk blues right now which led me to search for blueberry in the 1st place. I told my friend the weed he was gettn was a blueberry x or uk blues turned out it was uk blues is this nlxbb?????? Is juicy fruit nlxbb?? So i can see what nevil is saying. When the blues and my early blueberry was drying the only way you could teel the difference was that the blues is far more stinky. When jaring it up my blues had the acetone blueberry smell where my early blueberry indica pheno smelled of bubblegum and my sativa early bberry smelled of a blueberry kushy smell. But my best tasting smelling plant is my own which is alaskan ice x mystery sativa which really smells of juicy fruit so which is white widow x original haze(maybe greenhouse used dr grinspoon)x mystery sativa that smelled of mango that came from spain. The flavours of blueberry bublegum is easily made without djs genetics.

I am not really aware of what has done Felix after 2003 but I can tell you that I have never noticed any deformations in the PTs I saw in my friends's garden in the mid 90s, nor in Felix greenhouses and high altitude garden, or in the seeds I grew in 2001/2002. I have a lot of pics from those different places which can testify of this.
Maybe Felix crossed PT to OPt after 2003 in order to put more strenght in his strain...
Or maybe Reeferman just renamed OPT a clone which was in fact coming from from PT seeds sold by Terracava and Legends...
I don't know.
One thing for sure, you will find several mentions off PT in J.Cervantes, Marijuana Outdoor Guerilla Growing which study Felix gardens in detail and was first published in January 2000.

Hope this helps.

Peace.

K.

Every strain comes from somewhere and is handed down from people long gone now!
It's what you do with these that counts in the here and Now!
The combinations,,,,,the combinations!
Make your mark!

Any flack heard is the byproduct of Jealousy and envy...

Jorge Cervantes said:
In 1978 he grew his first marijuana garden. The Swiss mountain climate was very harsh and his imported seed stock grew poorly in the cool climate. In 1980, Felix started to replicate milder climates by growing indoors. He thought he was on the right track, but needed confirmation. In 1982, when on a seed gathering expedition in India, he asked a Sadhu(holy man) "what is the best cannabis to smoke?" The Sadhu responded: "Smoke only the cannabis that grows in your country. Otherwise, do not smoke at all!".
Five years later, his passionate hobby evolved into a full time pursuit. Felix was growing indoors, in a greenhouse on his property located at an altitude of 300 meters (850 feet) and in several mountain gardens located at 1,300 meters(4,200 feet). By 1996 Felix had enough experience and genetic material to start Owl's Production seed company. In 1997 the company was granted a licensee by the Swiss government and Felix started to advertise his seeds internationally. His marijuana seeds are adapted to cool alpine temperatures and poor mountain soil at an altitude of 4,200 feet.
(...)

I recommend you the rest of the article that I am too lazy to copy here..

Peace.

K.

I'll tell you why I'm so interested in Blueberry. I haven't grown in a long time til recently. I bought some autos called Blue Streak that was a Blueberry cross. One of them I smoked was right up there as one of the best highs I've ever had. It was potent. Not like the people here are used too but not lacking. The high was so good though. A up sativa high but with no jittery paranoia. Slight visual distortion. So I started reading about Blueberry. I would rather smoke something that is not quit as potent as opposed to a weed that makes me paranoid or worst of all puts me to sleep after one hit. Ducksfoot is little like it but a bit more on the jittery caffeine side.

Last edited:
Cheers for the reply Nev, I am working on a big blue poo line at the moment.

I might add to the debate that DJ will admit that he lost the original parent lines to BB so take from that what you will folks.

my $0.02 on the Blue Lines

I never got to try name Blueberry in the 90's when it was making a name for itself, I was mostly on the $60 zips of b-satch at that point in my life. I remember a few samples of herb that tasted of blueberries, but they had no name when passed to me. It seems as though this vintage Blueberry is the benchmark that most on this thread are going by when speaking of 'quality' Blueberry. Never had a confirmed sample in the day, so i can't say. But FWIW, I have sampled some Blueberry grown from the cutting that DJ released here in California a few years back, and it was truly exceptional herb, right up there with the best I've seen at a club. The sample was not blue in the least, it was almost golden. Very fruity aroma, no real blueberry scent, but with distinct wood notes to the flavor. And it had a very strong, long-lasting and 'goofy' high, the type that makes Tim & Eric seem perfectly logical.

Also, FWIW, the very best herb I've ever seen offered at a med club was a purple Flo purported to be selected from original Delta 9 collection seed, with small but extremely dense flowers and an almost cloyingly sweet flavor of roses and dried grapes. I gladly paid $70 for an eighth, and it was actually one of the only times I didn't feel overcharged by a med club.

Legends Johnny Blaze is an F1 hybrid of what is described as an 'original' Neville's Haze female and the B130 Blueberry male. Several very positive reports exist on this hybrid, and the growers who have taken it to F2 report even finer examples than they found in the F1. I can't think of any other hybrids on the market using DJ/MNS genetics off-hand, but it seems to me that this particular example indicates that these two gene pools play very well together and warrant further exploration. But I think that work is probably best left to others (like us), not DJ/Nev/Shanti. They have enough on their respective plates. And the genes are out there. I have a pack in my fridge...

My experiences growing Blueberry outcrosses has been limited but extremely rewarding. Most notably Chimera's 1973 Highland Guerrero x B130 Blueberry (or Guerreroberry as I like to call it, for brevity's sake). Sadly, I lost my F1 mother in a simultaneous mite/PM disaster, but I managed to make several crosses with her and also one of her brothers beforehand. My keeper had a wonderful amalgam of old Mexican and Blueberry traits - the bouquet was absolutely redolent of one of those little blue tree car air fresheners, only it was a Blue Tree hanging in a fresh-hewn hardwood cabinet newly stocked with spices, notes extremely similar to those I remember from the rare better Mexicans I was privileged to sample as a youngster. Structurally it was a very large, very stout, strongly branched plant with a steroidal growth rate and long, thin leaves, looking much like what I'd expect from a pure Mexican, but the floral clusters had a very similar look to other B130 hybrids I've seen, with a clustering habit and extensive foxtailing. The flowers also displayed a distinctive and beautiful blue/grey hue when fully cured. But the high was the most memorable part of this plant - it was a true one-hit wonder, with a massive, expansive (and for some people, alarming) clarity to the experience. It always gave me this recurring image upon exhale of my head coming through the ground into a giant horizonless cavern, like a massive endless isolation tank. This sensation faded into an all-encompassing but classic 'fun' high, spawning lively stream-of-consciousness conversation in groups or wistful, comedic stream-of-consciousness introspection when smoked alone. No ceiling was ever found to the high - even some of the most experienced smokers I knew couldn't get past 3 hits. I think I made it to 18 or 19 one time. And it was still there, right in the front of your head, 6 hours later. It quickly became legend in my small circle. Not the best yielder, but the finished product was worth the frustration and expense. Financially, I maybe broke even. But I made many, many lifelong friends with this herb.

day73.jpg

gb3.jpg

My opinion is that DJ, Nev, Shanti, Chimera all produce outstanding work, using differing methods with differing goals to differing ends. My old hazy Jack Herer keeper cutting (Nev's work), is a completely different animal from that Guerreroberry selection (Chimera/DJ's work), which is totally different from my Congolese x Deep Chunk selections (ACE/Tom Hill/Richard Williams' work). All are from very different parent lines, all worked by our anonymous stoner ancestors in their respective lands/cultures. All are extremely valued and cherished members of my genetic library for different reasons. I could never pick 'the best' from amongst them, but for example, the Jack is always what I reach for first thing in the morning with my coffee or when I get too bombed on someone else's Indica, because it slices through sleep or stupor like a laser. But it renders me completely useless as a musician - fucks with my sense of time and timing. The Deep Congo, on the other hand, is a pure herbal rhythmic enhancer. I've been bringing it with me to every gig I've played for years, and some of my musical colleagues will smoke nothing but Deep Congo, period.

In the same way, all of these breeders I've mentioned have earned their spots in my garden and breeding program for different reasons, and I will continue to seek out purchase gear from all of them as I am able. Maximum respect to Nevil, Shantibaba, DJ Short, Chimera, the ACE crew and Tom Hill, all working their finest plants to the best of their knowledge and abilities, each to the tune of their own muse. There's diversity right there.

That's a great post Ponde, thanks for that.

Blueberry makes exceptional outcrosses, the best plants I've ever smoked were a Blueberry hybrid I made a few years ago. I have three females of another BB hybrid I made waiting to be flowered now, they have tons of vigour and all seem BB dom so I'm really looking forward to flowering them.

I think via Tony, Neville and co. have already worked the blueberry
It was Blue X NL#5 and it was legendary-mid 90's
Tony worked at Sensi at the time-I don't know for sure if he used the orgeon blue cut?
this was one of my favrite offerings alon with Hawaiian X NL#5 which Nev created

For those interested in a cheap blue strain to work with,,,try the spice of life blue sattelite 2.2 or blubonic. The keepers i found had more trichs and i thought were more potent than my shark shock and critical mass. They also finished with some nice blue/purple hues which gave some nice bag appeal. However, the smell and flavor reminded me of rotten fruit which wasnt exactly my cup of tea, couldnt help but keep one or two of them though.

forgot to mention...neville and shantibaba created every quality strain of pot ever to exist. everything else you read about the origins of quality cannabis is fictional (neville said so, so it must be true)...seriously people get a grip, does it really matter where a particular strain came from??? Start doing some selection of your own and improving upon some of these great lines and youll realize anyone can create some great stuff. So some seed companies used shanti or nevilles gear to create their own lines, big fucking deal!! Atleast they arent starting with some shit companies genetics. Not everyone was fortunate enough to stumble upon an old grower in some remote south Indian village by accident who happened to have some great indica plants. When someone picks the most potent pheno of a mr nice strain to create something new, they are usually improving upon them...I have witnessed this first hand with some beans by companies i wont name here whom shanti has bashed for taking beans from him to create their lines (These strains were every bit as potent or more with more pungent aromas). Sure, I agree they should come up with their own names, however how can you blame them for making similar stuff with similar names when shanti's stuff cant seem to stay in stock long enough for most ever to try them.

Next i am going to hear that shanti and neville are aliens who originally brought cannabis to earth:eek:..People, quit dangling from these two guys balls 8====), sure they are some of the best breeders to ever live and have the ability to grow out mass amount of plants with which to make their selections, but they still put their pants on one leg at a time just like you and me. So quit bickering and go do some selection of your own, youd be surprised at what you can find:D

Good luck

try the spice of life blue sattelite 2.2 or blubonic. The keepers i found had more trichs and i thought were more potent than my shark shock and critical mass.

Hi Longhorn,

I have to disagree with you at least concerning the SOL BS series...

SOL BS was in no way as strong as a good MNS SS.

I smoked a lot of BS back in the days as well as the original Blueberry Sativa mother with Steve.

I also used to smoke a lot of Shark Shock too...as I have a GHSco cutting from the late 90's.

BS was good for hash though...lol

Peace.

K.

2006 SOL Blue Satellite#1

SOL_BS1.jpg

SOL_BS1_1.jpg

Guess ill have to test my keepers again when they finish:D...Honestly, my sharks are not as good as the great white shark that i recieved way back in the day which made me buy the strain in the first place (was completely white with trichs and had an absolutely memorable smell which i havent encountered since in a cannabis plant) . could have been something completely different for all i know, names dont mean shit unless you buy and grow the seeds yourself. Also, my tolerance has grown. However, of the two packs i ran, there are certainly some special plants and would recomend shark shock to all. To me they are both much better than anything i find in my area and like the shock better all around. (The rotten fruit smell literally sickens me) but if i remember correctly the buzz was a bit more sativa with my blue plants. My most potent sharks left me desiring flavor and aroma, The strongest ones had a knockout stone but simply tasted hashy. Tried to keep a critical male alive to cross these powerhouses with but couldnt keep any alive. Recently, read from neville that males are much harder to keep alive which in my little experience is certainly true.(Critical mass is some of the most flavorful and delicious smelling plants i have had the pleasure to grow)

HOnestly, I cant remember if the keeper i found was from blubonic or blue sattelite...mine was satellite 2.2, not sure what the difference is, maybe it was reworked?? however, my plants looked nearly identical to what you have shown there.

If i could find the blueberry that i once tried several years ago, I dont think i would ever need to buy seeds again...Small compact perfectly cured purple hued sativa buds that had an incredible euphoric high that smelled like blueberries. SOme of the finest herb ive encountered:(..plans are to grow out every dj strain till i find something similar

If i could find the blueberry that i once tried several years ago, I dont think i would ever need to buy seeds again...Small compact perfectly cured purple hued sativa buds that had an incredible euphoric high that smelled like blueberries. SOme of the finest herb ive encountered:(..plans are to grow out every dj strain till i find something similar

Me too mate...

Why did I trashed all my Sagarmatha Blueberry...:mad:

By the way I just germinated some Sag. Western Wind seeds from 1998 with 100% germination rate...was quite surprised to say the least...

Peace.

K.

Sagarmatha 1998 Cat.

Sag_BB.jpg

Back