Sensi seeds - No more origionals:

Bambi

Normaly I don't like to hack out on particular seed banks I used to buy seeds from and look up to as some of the best, yet boy times they are a changing and the Sensi seed bank happens to be one of those banks where as there old origionals are simply no more and most varietys seem to have been replaced with left over seeds I think off of the origionals we enjoyed in the 1990's and upto around 2008 or 10,

This is around the same time many seed breeders banks lost there mother&farther plants due to raids or some other reasons, they obviously never had back ups, something a mate of mine here suggested I do a couple of years ago and yes good advice taken on board indeed,

heres the shit: - after hearing from good reliable sources the afghanni num/1 plant was no longer a original a couple of years back I still pondered over sensi seeds still having the original SHIVA SHANTI garlic and honey flavoured plant in stock,? - unable to find a old mate of mine were I live whom used to have the original and probably still does, I decided to take a gamble a try sensi seeds latest seed stock for this plant,

What a fucking joke this plant turned out to be, I only tried one female plant of regular seed and although it was a light green colored plant I still had hope for my once favourite tasting plant of all time, the old original was dark green,

4 weeks into flower things wernt looking great, a strong smell of sweet skunk num/1 was all I could smell, no worries old chap I imagined the honey and garlic coming on in later flowering,

Alas I waited 12 weeks for this plant to happen or just finish off like a good bred plant should, instead this ugly plant stretched even more after 5 weeks of flowering and kept growing small sativa like calyx's like a sativa does, the plant was not a sativa phenotype, photos ive since seen on icmag site look the same as my disappointment turned out,

The flowers never hardend up near the end, well one near the top did, tells me it didn't have much work put into it by the breeder, just when it looks ready at 10-11 weeks it starts to grow long hairs from all the flowers like it wants another month to finish, lol screw that I chopped it down and dried out the airy light buds, man they look ugly, kinda spooky looking as if its something the grim reaper would have at his place, or should and keep it away from all growers whom don't no any better I guess;

I started looking into all this whose lost there original seed mums and stud dads a wee while back when I read in a magazine of mr nice advertising seed stock saying - Probably the best seeds available online) or something like this, Wow I thought, that's a pretty bold statement I thought and why I did my homework on this,

And behold I really do think MNS stand true to this statement, there are a handful of good seed breeders banks still going with there originals but very very few,
If we ever have a legal seed trade to follow up on legalization of shit then the banks like sensi are in for a very rude awakening I think, advertising saying they have the old origionals as they still do to this day will bankrupt these seed banks, they don't think the customer is right and are quite rude to growers ive noticed, the truth always wins in the end aye, -

IT ALL WORKS OUT IN THE END:

SOME UGLY BUD SHOTS OF THE NEW SHIVA SHANTI BELOW, apparently theres a garlic honey phenotype in this new stock if ya lucky enough to find it, ha'':(

Attachments

• SDC10228.JPG
    SDC10228.JPG
    475.9 KB · Views: 96
  • SDC10229.JPG
    SDC10229.JPG
    166.5 KB · Views: 63
So you only grew 1 female? I haven't really heard anything about that strain could be the reason but they do have a few you always hear good of like maple leaf indica, Northern Lights and Jack Herrer there is more but I loved the JH I smoked years ago if it wasn't so damn expensive I'd buy 5 packs.

Ya man after Ben retired and set sail for koh tao it all went to shit. These days i think he is in Indonesia near scotts ecological wonderland. Damn shame to give your son a cannabis dynasty and then proceed to shit where he sleeps. Sorry for your misfortune with what is now sensi seeds.

I have the same story my friend one f my all time favs was sensi I once swear by sensi, I've grown jack herer, afghan#1, super skunk and many more but one of the easiest and best yielding was a pheno of afghan one I had in 2000-2001 I've since bought many packs in hopes to find that 7 week finisher that turned purple with massive buds with dark greasy leaves only to find exactly what you described, a pale green super stretching never to mature plant complete waste of time.
RIP sensi as we once knew

was a big fan of sensi nl an nl5haze years ago ive heard neither are the same I recently tried some haze 5 of reputdely old seeds from sensi an it was close not as good but close enuff to warrant some pheno hunting I don't know if they really were old stock and different from whats available now,the nl I have not yet tried but intend to as you gotaa find out we read all about serious ak47 not being the same we went thru 4 packs and found it wernt after that amount I think its fair to comment theres been a big change ,ive run a few packs of sensi mli over recent years and not found the phenol we had 20 years ago but I still found it very good

The flowers never hardend up near the end, well one near the top did, tells me it didn't have much work put into it by the breeder, just when it looks ready at 10-11 weeks it starts to grow long hairs from all the flowers like it wants another month to finish, lol screw that I chopped it down and dried out the airy light buds, man they look ugly, kinda spooky looking as if its something the grim reaper would have at his place, or should and keep it away from all growers whom don't no any better I guess;

SOME UGLY BUD SHOTS OF THE NEW SHIVA SHANTI BELOW, apparently theres a garlic honey phenotype in this new stock if ya lucky enough to find it, ha'':(

Hey Bambi, they look great to me, although not what you were after. How did they smoke?

Hey Bambi, they look great to me, although not what you were after. How did they smoke?

They tasted pretty yuck really, abit skunk one like, smoke was rough and not very strong or long lasting, the rest of the seeds turned out pretty much the same, just like a 1000 other reports of crap reports I suppose.

gave her to a good home, compost heap, the world can do without this rubbish my friend.

I have the same story my friend one f my all time favs was sensi I once swear by sensi, I've grown jack herer, afghan#1, super skunk and many more but one of the easiest and best yielding was a pheno of afghan one I had in 2000-2001 I've since bought many packs in hopes to find that 7 week finisher that turned purple with massive buds with dark greasy leaves only to find exactly what you described, a pale green super stretching never to mature plant complete waste of time.

Yep the good ole days of sensi have been gone a while I suppose, some of the worlds finest breeders worked there and made the shit that was the shit, the shit of shit so to speak, the shit that was the shit of all shit there was and possibly ever will be, laughs'' - yea I miss these old varietys to,

ive still got two old sensi origionals though, not all is lost , some are made to be found again, I assure you of that. - b'

hi ,
jack flash , jack herer, black domina , super skunk from arround 2000 was some of the best weed available

the souvenir of the taste of those weed are still in my mind;)

btw, all people here now why sensi seed is not good as before,
:p

Last edited:
was a big fan of sensi nl an nl5haze years ago ive heard neither are the same I recently tried some haze 5 of reputdely old seeds from sensi an it was close not as good but close enuff to warrant some pheno hunting I don't know if they really were old stock and different from whats available now,the nl I have not yet tried but intend to as you gotaa find out we read all about serious ak47 not being the same we went thru 4 packs and found it wernt after that amount I think its fair to comment theres been a big change ,ive run a few packs of sensi mli over recent years and not found the phenol we had 20 years ago but I still found it very good

Well yea no one should have to grow out 4 pkts to find a keeper plant i no,
There should be a keeper in every 10 - 15 seeds for everyones diff choices,

if this isn't the case the seeds will be un/breed type, or not worked on much'

Is hard going with the times sometimes, its why we end up on this site i think, old school thinker's & Collectors ) - b.

Aghanni time: - sweet'

I recall most the phenotypes of my 2003 or 2004 Affie num/1,
They were sweet as the punch i no mate, that purple Affie isn't the same type or plant - british hempire is using in some type of seed form is it,?

The purple affie photo they use was put up on my thread in breeders and support info called - on breeding pink skunks)

I found a sativa phenotype afghan 1 in seed form back then to, the six week pepper type afghan 1 i still have, commercial guys i once new loved it. - b

Attachments

• old afghanni 1.jpg
    old afghanni 1.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 2009 mikado plus affie num1.jpg
    2009 mikado plus affie num1.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 32
  • old s skunk mother of two types..jpg
    old s skunk mother of two types..jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 24
  • old super sknk mother of two types.jpg
    old super sknk mother of two types.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 21
  • super skunk-old mother.jpg
    super skunk-old mother.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
old stock

well I thinking to post but decided not to but after coming up on this thread I might as well.... I had a wonderful day yester day my 2 year old broke his big brothers ps4 so after the month or so it being broke an having to deal with my upset son I decided to take it to the shop we got it from and obviously not telling them my 2 year old got his hands on it they took a look and told me they would have to run it by their manager who was on a conference call so I should come back in half hour or so or they'll call me if its sooner..........so in the mean time I decided to pop into an seed shop where am from because am on a seed run at the moment I was gonna get some Bodhi or med man brand which are both from over seas and seen as though I have just cracked my cbd 2 testers I didn't wanna wait 7/10 days for them so thought lets see what the local shops got in?????? I bought to packs of maple leaf indica of them 2years ago 1 pack was a old one with 16 seeds in it which he gave me for half price:), that wasn't the exciting part for me it was the fact that people say sensi's genes are not what they use to be??? who knows. so I asked if they had more older packs of any other sensi products and he said he could look and we could sort a nice price out for them I told him I would return which I didn't until now silly me so I asked the same question have you any sensi old stock he said no I was thinking just my look, bodhi it is then !!!! so after speaking to the man for a while and reading threw his seed list I chose a few that ive researched before but they were out of stock and remembering he didn't even look threw the sensi pile when I asked him earlier I asked if he could have a quick look. oh yeah what a day he said what do we have here and produced a older looking bag I thought fuck it there old i'll have what ever they are???? he puts them down just as am saying can we come to some sort of agreement he say sure I pick them up as he says give us 20 pound for them I read then mr nice g13 x hash plant I feel like the luckiest man in the cannabis world rite now:cool::cool::cool::cool:.. considering they said 113 pound on them 20 quids a winner but the fact that there old stock is the ultimate......then I get a call from the computer shop saying to come and collect my new ps4, the day couldn't have got any better the smile on my sons face :):) and I was just as happy with my purchase:):):) I had to share it with ya's my wife just doesn't under stand and no just how lucky iam in getting them old seeds so wish me look on the germination if they all crack were in with a chance......... to tell you the truth ive just found out that sensi first released them as g13x hash plant and I think they stopped making them and back in 99 they re released them as mr nice g13 hash plant so I don't no if I should still be as happy as I was???? does any body no about the situation??? could they still be the legends from the past or are these the remakes????

No more originals ...

I think you got value for money .
Haven`t seen a good report re Sensi in about 5 years , with the exception of Maple Leaf Indica .
The retail price is hard to justify .

Hairy Kushna grew some a cpl of years back . Maybe he`ll chime in,or give him a PM ?

Last edited:
well I thinking to post but decided not to but after coming up on this thread I might as well.... I had a wonderful day yester day my 2 year old broke his big brothers ps4 so after the month or so it being broke an having to deal with my upset son I decided to take it to the shop we got it from and obviously not telling them my 2 year old got his hands on it they took a look and told me they would have to run it by their manager who was on a conference call so I should come back in half hour or so or they'll call me if its sooner..........so in the mean time I decided to pop into an seed shop where am from because am on a seed run at the moment I was gonna get some Bodhi or med man brand which are both from over seas and seen as though I have just cracked my cbd 2 testers I didn't wanna wait 7/10 days for them so thought lets see what the local shops got in?????? I bought to packs of maple leaf indica of them 2years ago 1 pack was a old one with 16 seeds in it which he gave me for half price:), that wasn't the exciting part for me it was the fact that people say sensi's genes are not what they use to be??? who knows. so I asked if they had more older packs of any other sensi products and he said he could look and we could sort a nice price out for them I told him I would return which I didn't until now silly me so I asked the same question have you any sensi old stock he said no I was thinking just my look, bodhi it is then !!!! so after speaking to the man for a while and reading threw his seed list I chose a few that ive researched before but they were out of stock and remembering he didn't even look threw the sensi pile when I asked him earlier I asked if he could have a quick look. oh yeah what a day he said what do we have here and produced a older looking bag I thought fuck it there old i'll have what ever they are???? he puts them down just as am saying can we come to some sort of agreement he say sure I pick them up as he says give us 20 pound for them I read then mr nice g13 x hash plant I feel like the luckiest man in the cannabis world rite now:cool::cool::cool::cool:.. considering they said 113 pound on them 20 quids a winner but the fact that there old stock is the ultimate......then I get a call from the computer shop saying to come and collect my new ps4, the day couldn't have got any better the smile on my sons face :):) and I was just as happy with my purchase:):):) I had to share it with ya's my wife just doesn't under stand and no just how lucky iam in getting them old seeds so wish me look on the germination if they all crack were in with a chance......... to tell you the truth ive just found out that sensi first released them as g13x hash plant and I think they stopped making them and back in 99 they re released them as mr nice g13 hash plant so I don't no if I should still be as happy as I was???? does any body no about the situation??? could they still be the legends from the past or are these the remakes????

im happy for you that you didnt get ripped off on some med man brand seeds, nothing but bad reviews or fake reviews on his unstable gear, some by people i know and a lot by well known online people who have been posting fantastic reviews for years and years

crossing my fingers you got yourself some old sensi stock

Well yea no one should have to grow out 4 pkts to find a keeper plant i no,
There should be a keeper in every 10 - 15 seeds for everyones diff choices,

if this isn't the case the seeds will be un/breed type, or not worked on much'

Is hard going with the times sometimes, its why we end up on this site i think, old school thinker's & Collectors ) - b.

yea its funny how things change over time the aks were very uniform but showed like a big bud type plant to me great yields of mediocre smoke the flavours phenos I remember from the old stock were next to non existant I think one or two plants had remnants of the flavour ,the old stock was a great plant in almost any situation and is missed , I agree there some old school thinkers here and its pleasure to see there plants and breedings

sounds like a result hope they crack for you I just had some crack 4 months after planting id pretty much ruled em out an thru them out side and bam up one comes I then took a bunch of others that had taken as long outside an bam up comes one of them to these were all old seeds that ive been trying to germ for a year inside with zero success and by far the longest of anything I seen take to germ just thought id throw that in incase its a long wait lol

Caspa, sorry to hear you spent money on sensi seeds. honestly no bs.
all I can hope is that your seeds are different than what they gave me.

I got two packs of jack herer and 1 pack of mr nice., around 07-08. paid full price and good germination with them all.
the mr nice grew taller than the jacks, and only one of the plants were ok, just ok. I think it was the most hashplant leaning one, the densest buds. the rest was very strange, not covered in trichomes, not good tasting, not strong. plants grew fine in veg, and gave them 60 days flowering the first run. halfway through I joined sensi forum to show them what was going on, that the plants did not look good. and it didn't change by the time they finished. I found that they mean 60+ the first two weeks of transition. the next run I gave them 74 or more and they still were not much better.
so some of the sensi guys say it was my fault, with no other problems with other strains, except the jack herer was also down in quality.
they said it was because the temps got up to 85.
sorry, but ive grown plenty and a little warm temps aren't going to turn great buds into complete garbage.
when they couldn't explain it other than the genetics they gave me, they banned me.

so its not as much the results I got from them, but the way they handled their business, that lost them a customer for life, but also its the results I got from them.

all I can hope is you got something different.
and plan ahead, order from mns so you are not desperate for seeds.

Back