Refresshing Skunk.

Great information floating around in this thread. Really appreciate the details about the NL and Hawaiian connection, especially as it relates to what lineage is in the aforementioned Hawaiian line.

Mostly commenting to say I would love to see Shanti release a pure cali-o line. Much love

#1, Im from Eastern Ky, where Skunk is hiding in the mountains. Ive been smoking "Skunk" since at least 1979, and it has NEVER been called Road Kill Skunk... The stuff smells like a Skunk, and thats it. Be it spray, or different degrees of skunky reek.

Weve got all kinds of skunks where I live too. You can go for a drive at night in the summer, with the windows down, and wonder if youre smelling a skunk, or someones weed patch. Im in the heart of weed growing country in Ky, and have been smoking since 1966. Labeling the stuff RKS, is a myth.
The Shit line from what I understand has been bred to Shanti's afghan line.

Mels/Todd line has only been backcrossed 2x since 1988, and has only been open pollinated as to not bottle neck it.

I also dont care about whos politics ect vs Todd, Mel ect. Care less. All I care about is acquiring the genetics. Thats it.

Also Todd reduced the price on the Sk1, and sells them for $10 a seed. I agree they were overpriced at first, even worse was the shipping cost, but I still bought some, just so the genes didnt get away. I ordered 40 more when he dropped the price, and put them on Preorder a couple months ago. Theyre now getting ready to go out.

Also not saying the Shit doesnt have some pretty good weed, but I didnt find it as good in either structure, or potency vs the MF Sk1. The MF Sk1 produced more, and the plants were more consistent from 1 plant, to the next,.
The Sk1 also had much narrower leaves, and lankier plants vs Shit. Shit is most compact

McCormick is also going to have ORIGINAL NL5 seeds.

Not the stuff that Nevil, and everyone else in Europe got either.
Greg McCallister gave McCormick 50 of his Original NL5 genetics, and said the clone Nevil got was crossed with either NL1, or NL2, and the Clone was Not pure NL5. Hes going to have these for preorder in 2-3 weeks. Radagasfarmer on Instagram also has the Hawaiian seed line Greg used to create the NL5. This is verified by Greg. The genetics are from BOEL..
radagastfarmer I have the Hawaiian seedline that Greg used to make NL, verified by Greg. I was given these, and other seeds, by an old BOEL chemist. We should collaborate

@toddpmccormick Greg told me that he collaborated with the Hawaiian BOEL crew. He crossed the Hawaiian with his own Afghan to make NL. NL5 was the NL backcrossed to the Hawaiian. The NL5 Nevil, and the rest of A'Dam, got was really NL5xNL2 (or NL5xNL1). So if you got NL5 from Greg, then you're one of the few to have the pure seedline of NL5. The Hawaiian is Swazi x Thai x Mexican x Afghan. And NL is the addition of another Afghan to that cross.

Photo by Todd McCormick on November 04, 2020. Image may contain: food. Thank you to everybody who voted yesterday! Northern Lights #5 was a clear winner. I also concur that Northern Lights is a very historical variety and really should be preserved considering how authentic it is coming directly from Greg McAllister. He was a legend to me for over 30 years and I am still astonished to be in communication with him these days and even more blown away to have ever received Northern Lights directly from him with his blessing to reproduce them and make them available to others. Greg is in his 70s now and I wish more young growers would look up to people like him and emulate the way that he shared his genetics with the world. People don’t only need cannabis, they need really great cannabis. After all of these Skunk No.1 pre-orders ship in the next few weeks, I will do another pre-order round of Northern Lights #5 in order to give everybody a great deal and early access as soon as they are ready.  Please sign up for my mailing list to stay informed of special offers. Also, if you want to get your Skunk 1 pre-order faster, simply place a current order, because all current orders always go out immediately and if there is a pre-order by the same customer, it gets pulled out of line and shipped with the current order. Otherwise, all Skunk 1 pre-orders are in the stage of packing and will be arriving earlier than advertised. Huge thank you to everybody for their support and I hope you all very much enjoyed these genetics. @agseedco #AuthenticGenetics #NorthernLights #NL5 #Skunk #Skunk1 #Skunkseeds #seeds #NorthernLightsSeeds
Total BS, Greg did not creat the original #5 clone, Herbie did. Greg does not know jack sh... about the specific Hawaiian strain used to make the original #5 clone, anyone that says they have the parents is full of it, lots of lies and misinformation on here.

Nevil's Northern Lights #5 came from seed, not from clone, he even said the US#5 clone got tossed because it was inferior to his NL#5.

Last edited:
A mate of mine in Ontario sent me some Canadian bred beans he had in his fridge, and I germed them last night after some beers.

2 white widow that are preserved from Shanti's work at GHS.
These r bred to more indica style and quite fast maturing
2 super skunk, that I was really happy to get
The breeder doesn't support them anymore.
They have a lot of pure old strains, and do skunks really well.
These would be better than the sensi stock they were developed from, I'm sure
If I get anything from those two, I'll go down the nordle path again, and make some cross seed if I can.

Best was 5 citrus skunk.
Marc Emery offered Dutch Passion's Cali O back in the 90's.
The seed bank offered it originally.
( I remember/misremember? Shanti saying he has orange beans he got from Nevil and am hoping it will be developed in future, 🍊 shark maybe, or nordled.)
The canadian breeder kept and developed theirs for ages, as an 🍊/skunk ibl. A citrusy sweet lemony, cheesey style of terps..
It seems to have become popular again as Tangie.
Crockett reckons he had the old Dutch passion stock floating around in his uncle's garden, but DNA reckons it's bred from clementine.
Only good line available was from Canada, so easy enough to believe he just cracked a big selection of that stock.
Really looking forward to finding something worth keeping from that line.

My goddess redux (@2004 high times champion cup cut / ibl male developed from jordan's stock) reeks like two day old pinapple skins that are just starting to ferment with a hint of gamey meat, like slimy beef mince left too long in the fridge.
Just got a pic come back from someone I gave a cut off to.
He isn't best gardener, but it's outside, so at least it's sun grown, and finished just after spring equinox, so she did well.

# Is that Nev's arm in the old seed bank pic?
Last two pics are seed bank' 🍊, which would be what MNS is holding.View attachment 47150View attachment 47151View attachment 47152View attachment 47153
Vlad, a large cunk of Subcool's space queen hybrids grow up expressing citrus terpenes as orange type citrus. and the Mac one caps cut is straight oranges. grows like trash but flowers normal

Vlad, a large cunk of Subcool's space queen hybrids grow up expressing citrus terpenes as orange type citrus. and the Mac one caps cut is straight oranges. grows like trash but flowers normal
Thanks
I have a bit of TGA stuff from space dude
Some chernobyl and lemon stilton by norstar I got for THCv breeding.
It's not best skunk, because it's not good yielder or easiest growing.
Limonene terps are really good for what skunk does, but a lot of those strains are moderate yielding, slow growing or large internode with tight buds that aren't easiest to grow.
He had some mad shit though.

Thanks
I have a bit of TGA stuff from space dude
Some chernobyl and lemon stilton by norstar I got for THCv breeding.
It's not best skunk, because it's not good yielder or easiest growing.
Limonene terps are really good for what skunk does, but a lot of those strains are moderate yielding, slow growing or large internode with tight buds that aren't easiest to grow.
He had some mad shit though.
I had a BCGA 12 week sativa dominant space queen that either is from his search for space dude or predates it, the slowness in growth comes from the moms. Space Queen is Grail quality for those who like super racy, adderall. Subcool also bred The dude away from skunky funky. and bred it towards cherry, and didnt work it down until hemrpahroditic traits were recessive. my 12 week BCGA queen would throw out male sacks above 95F. every plushberry I planted went full hermaphrodtic after day 75. imagine a MASSIVE donkey phallus cola on each branch, with banana flowers coming out of each flower tip, and we only got 80% milky trichomes! but, I did find an "outlier" burnt orange oil phenotype. made everyones mouth feel like we were sipping on orange sol. the qurkles and hurkles were wonderful, though. minimal hermaphroditic tendencies unlike the plushberry. Its why I am leery of Mz Jill's work. half her stuff is just subcool's lineage being worked.

I had a BCGA 12 week sativa dominant space queen that either is from his search for space dude or predates it, the slowness in growth comes from the moms. Space Queen is Grail quality for those who like super racy, adderall. Subcool also bred The dude away from skunky funky. and bred it towards cherry, and didnt work it down until hemrpahroditic traits were recessive. my 12 week BCGA queen would throw out male sacks above 95F. every plushberry I planted went full hermaphrodtic after day 75. imagine a MASSIVE donkey phallus cola on each branch, with banana flowers coming out of each flower tip, and we only got 80% milky trichomes! but, I did find an "outlier" burnt orange oil phenotype. made everyones mouth feel like we were sipping on orange sol. the qurkles and hurkles were wonderful, though. minimal hermaphroditic tendencies unlike the plushberry. Its why I am leery of Mz Jill's work. half her stuff is just subcool's lineage being worked.

I got a lot of respect for Vic High and his work.
I read his experiments he did with yield and light density that were pretty out there and followeed his breed projects from back when.
I have 20 beans from some Canadian breeding that's been in fridge almost 15 years now.
A few pre 2k bro grimm Cindy mums and a MNS SSH dad that gives column style pepper smelling daughters.
This old Cindy yields quite well and the F1 will give some nice types, but I'm trying to keep the haze and skunks apart. Develop skunk but preserve the haze.

I think tga had a pretty good cheese skunk cut they used also, the one in dairy Queen.
What I've got from it has really good resin production.

Last edited:
I got a lot of respect for Vic High and his work.
I read his experiments he did with yield and light density that were pretty out there and followeed his breed projects from back when.
I have 20 beans from some Canadian breeding that's been in fridge almost 15 years now.
A few pre 2k bro grimm Cindy mums and a MNS SSH dad that gives column style pepper smelling daughters.
This old Cindy yields quite well and the F1 will give some nice types, but I'm trying to keep the haze and skunks apart. Develop skunk but preserve the haze.

I think tga had a pretty good cheese skunk cut they used also, the one in dairy Queen.
What I've got from it has really good resin production.
could you elaborate on his experiments? that is awesome you have some of that old work around! is your Blockhead x SSH your work or beanhoarders? those column style pepper smelling ones are the keepers from what I was told, and believe from the space queen and its progeny! you should keep the skunk and the haze separate! Shanti or Neville or both Made skunk haze so you didnt have too lol.
The dairy queen is trash to grow in organics like Subcool said. but many of the plants from seed do have a cheesy funk or a lemon cheesy funk; It was the only variety I grew by him that was supposed to be lemon that expressed lemon smell. All my other stuff i planted by him that was supposed to express lemon expressed oranges or orange oil. my friends grew out seeds fo the same ones we bought at the same time same place, and all his expressed as lemons.

Vic High was doing experiments with the effects of UVA and UVB light, gibberellic acid, trying to create genetic mutation using colchicine, among lots of other stuff. He was a true botanist with a passion for cannabis and before his time in many ways. His version of the cross between Cali-O and Blueberry was well before (and better than) Chimera's and I found his Grapefruit x Blueberry BX1 to be better than breeder Steve's Sweet Tooth too. The Cinderella hybrids were great lines too.

you didn’t find a link between your g13 hybrids in smell? All I’ve grown (here and elsewhere) gave as a distinct rubber type thing (In my head I know it as g13smell) going on, either pronounced or deep within..
During veg the rubber scent was prominent on both haze and skunk g13s but it was very subtle not strong. And no rubber in flower, although a g13 haze did smell like a new box of shoes- which is kind of rubbery I guess.

Vic High was doing experiments with the effects of UVA and UVB light, gibberellic acid, trying to create genetic mutation using colchicine, among lots of other stuff. He was a true botanist with a passion for cannabis and before his time in many ways. His version of the cross between Cali-O and Blueberry was well before (and better than) Chimera's and I found his Grapefruit x Blueberry BX1 to be better than breeder Steve's Sweet Tooth too. The Cinderella hybrids were great lines too.
didn't se your response, tyvm!

Back