questions for Nevil

i asked this questions a couple of pages back, and i know your a busy man.

you were talking about the haze b x c(i think or it could have been A) cross on the first couple of pages. You said it was an 11 week haze line.

Would it ever be possible to see this cross, do you still have any beans? i think i remember reading something bout haze B being lost, so maybe im just dreaming here......

wow, nevil and shanti on one forum..... i dont need to go anywhere else.

sorry bout the double post.

one more ?

do you have any Hash Plant that you still work with, would love to here bout that.

I have had hash plant once and it was great, but i heard that the Sensi stock might not be as good as it once was (and i think it is one of there most expensive packs)and besides them no other seed bank carries it ( i dont think). sad how a line like hash plant can be lost like that

mmmmm hash plant x california orange.............. that would be a cross

BC as a cutting may still be floating around and there may still be a few 25 year old seeds, but I wouldn't go getting my hopes up. The few haze that came up were all hybrids anyway and haze didn't get better when you inbred it. The NL5xHzC1 X Sk1xHzC1 Was not as good as the mother. The best I could do was combine the two different males over the NL5, and I put it out there.
Haze really needed to go to a good Buddah Thai lineage, but I could never find one good enough. Went to Thailand, but I couldn't find really good weed there anymore. I'm hoping that someone from Australia will have what we're looking for.

Hi fishman
There is still HP genetics around, but California Orange isn't as good as it sounds. I got from Sam and suspect that it was a hybrid. For me, It lost all it's fruitiness when it stabilised out. There is better around.
N.

BC as a cutting may still be floating around and there may still be a few 25 year old seeds, but I wouldn't go getting my hopes up. The few haze that came up were all hybrids anyway and haze didn't get better when you inbred it. The NL5xHzC1 X Sk1xHzC1 Was not as good as the mother. The best I could do was combine the two different males over the NL5, and I put it out there.
Haze really needed to go to a good Buddah Thai lineage, but I could never find one good enough. Went to Thailand, but I couldn't find really good weed there anymore. I'm hoping that someone from Australia will have what we're looking for.

BC as a cutting may still be floating around and there may still be a few 25 year old seeds, but I wouldn't go getting my hopes up. The few haze that came up were all hybrids anyway and haze didn't get better when you inbred it.

WOW

soo this was another OSH you passed around or gifted J?

just as SAMS said haze shines through wen crossed

from your post it doesnt seem the BC was really standout ,id lov to hear more details about her
I suspect that most of BC's quality came from Dad.

i for one would love to see the BC cutting put in rotation or those old seeds scuffed and blessed by a monk

also id love too see the hz C squared and any other pure haze you might hav worked

Haze really needed to go to a good Buddah Thai lineage, but I could never find one good enough. Went to Thailand, but I couldn't find really good weed there anymore. I'm hoping that someone from Australia will have what we're looking for

that really gets me excited ,it sounds like you hav plans to doo some new work,im curious might those plans involve a pure haze or haze X pure sativa hybrid?

There is still HP genetics around

its great to hear ,but not somthing that really is available atleast a great representation

im a haze and hashplant lover ,i have mentioned before id love to see a hp select from mns ,soo please keep in my mind there is a demand ,i was recently gifted seeds of your 88 g13/hp ,i havnt had the opportunity to run them yet though

always appreciated

1luvbigherb

Truly great to have you here Nevil.

Nevil much thanks to providing your time and knowledge to this already great forum. Its a pleasure to be able to interact with you and Shanti. This question is regarding new research in cannabis chemical analysis and its medicinal application and is intended for yourself and Shanti if he would be so kind. My spouse is afflicted with secondary progressive multiple sclerosis and has to this point had some symptoms mitigated using cannabis as a therapy. I have grown many strains for her benefit and am just getting into MRN strains thanks to Shanti. Most (not MRN as yet) strains tested in our regional analytical lab show negligible or no CBD content. The theory is that constant breeding for the gold (THC) is mainly responsible for altering cannabis from its original chemical compositions.The very few strains found to have significant levels of CBD seem to lean towards a heavy Pakistan or Afghanistan progeny. I have had one strain with a dominant Afghanistan breeding that tested for negligible CBD content, however had a substantial THCV level, helpful for seizures and metabolic disorders. What we are finding is that many of the good natural qualities of cannabis are no longer present in many contemporary strains. I am anxious to have some MRN strains tested. Sorry so long in getting to the point. Would you and Shanti have any plans of going back into the old seed stashes and if so would the two of you have any interest in developing a few strains that may have a more traditional genetic composition? Would the two of you have any objections to a private chemical analysis of some strains your responsible for? I have a limited understanding of cannabis breeding and of the chemical nature of this remarkable plant, so please forgive my naive questions. Thanks to you both.

Last edited:
But a lot work has been done with it in the last 25 years. I had them flowering under 24 hours light.
N.

Can you elaborate? I'm not aware of anyone working EP for the last 15 years Sensi's EP is a total joke imo, why cant we have the old school EP that you had in your cat from the 80s that flowered early and was finished by sept 15th...

There must of been some kind of automatic gene in there somewhere? Ruderalis?

Also the durban? I dont know any durban anymore that can finish by sept 1st?... any help with this would be great for us northern growers with short moldy seasons...thanks krk

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 2,194
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 2,190
Oakland indica

Neville my dad used to get a strain called oakland indica from the SSSC back in the early 80's and it is still talked about here as some of the best herb that was ever grown in these parts plus my dad had seasons where he averaged 4 pounds to a hill and he says it was very vigorous,mold and bug resistant and it was done and in the barn by end august first sept.I have searched far and wide for this old strain and the closest I have came is reeferman saying he still has it in his vault and would sell me 30 for X amount of dollars but I've seen so many bad reports on him and his principals lately that I did not get them.I just cannot believe that a strain that was so potent and heavy yeilding and early has just disappeared from the face of the earth.Do you have any info on this one and is there any hope of it being obtained from anywhere?

Many thanks to Neville for his work.

Neville, can you tell me about the Garlic Bud? It was and still is one of my favorite flavors of smoke. Grew it back in the late 90's from clone. The original parent was from your stock in the mid 80's.

Attachments

• Garlic3.jpg
    Garlic3.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 56
Early Pearl came from Rob Clark. He would be the best person to tell about its ancestry. I seem to recall that it was from Krazy Karol and Early girl or Polyanna and Early Girl. Krazy Karol was a Mexican, fairly early for a Mex. But a lot work has been done with it in the last 25 years. I had them flowering under 24 hours light.
N.

Thanks for info, but i assume than there was a Mexican autoflower strain in the past which is later used for the mould sensitive strain Lowryder.

Namaste :)

Hi Alegoblin
I haven't done any chemical analysis of the various strains. The most sensitive instrument yet devised to analyse cannabis is the human being (me). If I could smoke what seems to offer the most relief to your wife, I'm sure that we could breed something to amplify that effect. My memory banks have stored the whole Scala of smells, tastes and highs that I have encountered. I automatically "read" pedigrees as I smoke. It's a gift and a curse.
In my time I went through a lot of peoples seed collections, The best of which I put out there.
N.

Hi krk
Growing indoors for seed became illegal in Holland in 1997. A group of Americans came to Holland to advise the Dutch Justice department how to change the law, whist at the same time giving themselves a monopoly position. I battled on for a further 7 years without the protection on the law until I was raided (a tip from Amsterdam I was told). I got my seeds back, but there is only so much a man can do. When you are successful everyone wants to share that with you. When things go bad, the vultures and the lawyers start circling. I did what I could.
N.

Wow! You got quite a following here and i'm sure you will get the same respect on every forum on the web. Bet you didn't know you were so popular, could you imagine how it would be if we would have had the internet 25 years ago?
I will try to figure out how to post pic's on p.m.'s this weekend so that I can shoot you some photos. Talk to you soon.
Ortega

Last edited:

Hi Nevil.....I have a few Thai strains, so what are we looking for :D

Early Pearl came from Rob Clark. He would be the best person to tell about its ancestry. I seem to recall that it was from Krazy Karol and Early girl or Polyanna and Early Girl. Krazy Karol was a Mexican, fairly early for a Mex. But a lot work has been done with it in the last 25 years. I had them flowering under 24 hours light.
N.

Thanks SO MUCH for the response and info....

Unfortunately Im as unfamiliar with "The Scene" and the players as you mentioned you are with the web's networking:eek:.

KRK and myself have actually been searching for all the info we can find about EP, and I do recall Tom Hill mentioning someone in Cali, part of a Medical collective as a likely source of EP's roots...could this be rob Clark?

EP being basically a thing of the past as a practical matter...Perhaps I'm asking the wrong question...

My interest really lies in the keys to picking sativa seed-lines/land races, that are able to be worked into northern strains, like EP's Mexican influence...
Sativas ability to add mold/disease resistance of a very important trait along with the clearer high of Sats VS Indicas.

If one was looking for regional sativas that would help things along with the traits mentioned above..where do you think would be best to start? or is it really a numbers game of hunting through multiple sources to find that odd individual to meet these needs in a breeding project?

And now the mention of Krazy Karol...another strain to seach out info on...never heard of it:p

Thanks for the help!

Aren't we all mate! The best I had was in '73. They'd come in bundles of twenty. Two tokes. Those were that days when growers in Thailand were passionate about growing the best. I believe that Thailand was the source of all the worlds best sativas.
N.

Hi North
E.P. is not a thing of the past, it's just better as a hybrid. The pure line exists. I thought that EPxSK1 X NL5xHz was pretty good for it's type. Did anybody grow this outdoors?
N.

hi nevil great to finally see u around.im a big fan of yours and shanti.thank you for all the info.my only is question is will we ever see hp13 again?

Back