questions for Nevil on afghani and kush lines (the other grail!)

Kanga do you know if I would have to give up my US citizenship to live in Australia? :)

I compltely agree with the effect of the Kali that Hempy is talking about. The first time I encountered it is something I will never forget.

As I inhaled deeply my eyes started rapidly looking to the left then right. Like a seizure almost. They were out of my control like someone was standing behind me violently twisting my head to the sides. This only lasted a second or two and when that stopped my consciousness was completely altered. Like someone shook the evil out of me, absolutely unforgettable. I ran upstairs immediately to ask my friend what he just gave me he said Kali Mist. Then I asked him if he wanted me to grab a vacuum and clean his house. This was in 2000.

This happened on three other occasions once when smoking the nl x haze in 1992 from 91' seedstock. Another time was the "Sonoma Coma" which I was lucky enough to smoke on the East Coast in the 90's which rarely got these amazing Cali buds. The first time I smoked it I think was an old stash that was presented to my friend as a gift, because the very next batch looked and effected me much differently. I heard the breeders moved inside under lights and "improved" it for the indoor environment. The other time it happened was the first time I smoked the Diesel in 2001.

Packing My Bags When I Finish My Next Run
See You Soon Future Mates :),

KB 8)_~

Kanga do you know if I would have to give up my US citizenship to live in Australia? :)

I compltely agree with the effect of the Kali that Hempy is talking about. The first time I encountered it is something I will never forget.

As I inhaled deeply my eyes started rapidly looking to the left then right. Like a seizure almost. They were out of my control like someone was standing behind me violently twisting my head to the sides. This only lasted a second or two and when that stopped my consciousness was completely altered. Like someone shook the evil out of me, absolutely unforgettable. I ran upstairs immediately to ask my friend what he just gave me he said Kali Mist. Then I asked him if he wanted me to grab a vacuum and clean his house. This was in 2000.

This happened on three other occasions once when smoking the nl x haze in 1992 from 91' seedstock. Another time was the "Sonoma Coma" which I was lucky enough to smoke on the East Coast in the 90's which rarely got these amazing Cali buds. The first time I smoked it I think was an old stash that was presented to my friend as a gift, because the very next batch looked and effected me much differently. I heard the breeders moved inside under lights and "improved" it for the indoor environment. The other time it happened was the first time I smoked the Diesel in 2001.

Packing My Bags When I Finish My Next Run
See You Soon Future Mates :),

KB 8)_~

Hi KB......No mate you can have both, my daughter was born in Mendocino and at the time the rule was, when she turned 19 she had to make a choice between the 2, but since then the US changed its policy and now she can have both.

I agree with you on the NL#5x HZ, I am kicking myself for not keeping that strain pure, sometimes it shows in my mixed seed, trouble is you need to put in thousands to really sort it out, not a risk I want to take.
It is going to be interesting how this Kali performs down here....the friend I got it from also says the same as you and Hempy. So I really look forward to this one.

"Hi KB......No mate you can have both, my daughter was born in Mendocino and at the time the rule was, when she turned 19 she had to make a choice between the 2, but since then the US changed its policy and now she can have both."

Good to hear. Wouldn't be the first time I moved to do things right. ;)

Kangativa -"It is going to be interesting how this Kali performs down here....the friend I got it from also says the same as you and Hempy. So I really look forward to this one."

I will say this about those flowers. That will be one of the best things you smoke in your life. The word best usually means nothing to me but in the case of the old Kali Mist, WHATEVER the word best means to you I think you will find that it usually applies.

I don't know if you keep cuttings but you should start with that plant if you usually rely on seeds. Keep that plant in clone form as well In addition to making seeds just in case. And share it with your bros down there. Show them how great ganja can be. This is one to never lose bro, or you will
Seriously regret it. (Nev's joke I know)

Serious as a Haze Attack,

KB 8)_~

It may have been something that I made.
The Maple Leaf cultivar AfgT had a full sister, AfgS. She was a fruitier counterpart to AfgT.
AfgSxSK1 was narcotically strong. I remember a few occasions that as group of people smoking it would suddenly get hit with a wave of warmth and then look at me with suspicion. I was inspired to cross this with the NL2xKush4, because I could detect a hint of commonality in the phenotypes. I never did find out how that panned out.
N.

Nev did you ever cross AfgT and SK1? If so how similiar was it to the cross above?

Thanks. After reading this thread a few times and learning diff lineages I have been trying to plan future crosses.
Does anyone know what afghan was used in afghan x skunk that is out and whether or not it's related to these lines and how?

Last edited:
I second Scarholes recommended link, read it a couple of years ago.. good read! My dream for retirement is to dig through the modern day afghan lines mentioned in the article. Seems pretty clear there have been massive changes since the mostly 1970's lines most of us are familiar with. Just need the freaking laws to change and it's game on!

Bump

Just thought I'd bump this great thread for anyone that didn't have a chance to read it or mist it. Thank you to all that contributed.

I am sure shanti and neville are confident enough with their accomplishments and strains that they are not to concerned about someone giving information about another seed company or a particular strain that someone thinks is really good.The only time it is a problem is if its over at icmag and gypsy does not sale the strain you are talking about or he can't make a buck off of it then it will be erased over there!

Actually, they changed that policy recently at icmag and now allow reference and discussion to any strain and breeder. Made a big announcement about it on the site.

They still quickly delete any specific reference that would lead someone to a seed purchase site, especially links. I've had a couple of posts deleted that were like "you can find that strain at X breeder at their own site, just search on google for it".

But you can mention chocolate rain or og kush #18, for example, all you like.

I was recently banned @ IC mag for questioning chimeras education, an sticking up for DrGT when he was bashing him....

Last edited:
Hi all participating on this thread and my special compliments to Ortega seeker for creating it.

OrtegaSeeker I have read on RIU that you support Sensis Maple Leaf didn't went down-grade as a lot of people report from their strains.

My question is what about Black Domina? Has any one bought this strain from them recently?

Many thanks for your atention.

Hi all participating on this thread and my special compliments to Ortega seeker for creating it.

OrtegaSeeker I have read on RIU that you support Sensis Maple Leaf didn't went down-grade as a lot of people report from their strains.

My question is what about Black Domina? Has any one bought this strain from them recently?

Many thanks for your atention.

watch the germ rates on those Sensi seeds...they don't germ well anymore either because all the stock at the suppliers is old or they don't care anymore. Bought their Afg#1 and had sativa style plants and only half the seeds germed, wouldn't try Sensi if they sent the seeds for free

I thought Ortega seeker vouched for MLI tell 09 when he grew it last.

Ps
I got to say,
Ortega seeker is a ninja!
His knowledge regarding Ortega strains instantly looses me with his detail.
Truley Amazing.......

Stay High Ortega seeker!

Last edited:
Brilliant thread, deserves resurrection.

It veered off about Kali Mist near the end here...anyone know which version of KM Ace seeds is using? They just released an interesting cross, Kali China (KM x yunnan landrace).

Also, regarding sensi I've heard nothing but bad things about their NL5 x hashplant line - that it's another one that probably is now using different parents, and comes out completely different. This is not from personal experience, so grain of salt.

Last edited:
Brilliant thread, deserves resurrection.

It veered off about Kali Mist near the end here...anyone know which version of KM Ace seeds is using? They just released an interesting cross, Kali China (KM x yunnan landrace).

Yeah, sorry about that. It's one of my top 5 plants though and I get passionate discussing those things.

This thread has been silent for a while. I hope that is because there is a soon to be released "Neville's Kush" variety. Heh.

Hi all

Just to clarify

Nevil has not been active on this forum for a while, and probably wont be any time soon.

Whereby questions should be addressed to Shantibaba or the general community at large...

Members are also free to PM me with any inquiry they may have...

old school seed Bank strains.

Hello Mr Neville! First and foremost I wanted to thank you for the work you have done over the years and I am especially grateful to be the proud owner of all the strains from 1987 and 1993 I believe that 93 is the year my uncle ordered from the seed Bank. He left with Skunk 1 , California orange, Early Pearl, Hash Plant, Northern lights, and many others. I recently received a skunk 1 x Northern lights 5 male x pre 98 Herijuana female. The guy accident me both 1988 sk1 x N.L.5 x Rascals OG the original. I have a slew of stock from the seed Bank and its the best ive ever smoked. I was wondering if the true Skunk 1 is still in existence other than what I have as I was told its extinct. Im not sure if you met my uncle Mr Neville as he was born in 1943 and traveled to California and Washington years ago. He passed In 06 leaving his stock to me. I have some very special stock but this country is trying to finally end marijuana prohibition which its honestly overdue. He told me he had met an Indian in Washington but said that the guy would hoard his best and give half average genetics and one or two good plants. He met Watson And told me he did not have stood vibe about him being honest. I have a dream to meet you one day and to talk genetics will be a close second! I hope to gain wisdom from your experience and hope to hear from you soon!

Back