putting on my rubber suit and going neck deep.

MImedpatient

today, marks the 1st day of a proper pheno hunt. my last attempt was thwarted by root aphids. now my soil blocks have been treated w/ Mycotrol, a fungal spore bio insecticide. they will be eaten from the inside and used as weapons against their siblings!!!! *evil laughter*

I lost 62 seedlings to the root aphids or my oily soap treatments. or both. I have 1 seedling from that batch left. You could see the little fuckers on the stem of the seedlings, it was offensive.

I now start the other half of a USP pack. thank goodness Shanti provides such affordable seeds that personal failures like this aren't financial burdens. like wasting 60 bucks on a boring video game you never finish.

It is a personal failure, because I also purchased the Systemic pesticide so I could treat clones, seedlings, and mother plants. and it arrived before I planted the seeds. the Mycotrol arrived after. because I can run my veg room hot enough to make the chemical half life claimed on the bottle to be the real number, but I really, really do not want to do that. it still takes plants out of rotation for 4 months.

🤞good luck for this run.

Insect frass.

I know I keep saying it but it's got many benefits. Less pests because they think other predators are there. Plus the NPK-MG and myco. It is good shit.

"Frass acts as a deterrent for plant-eating insects while still supporting key pollinators, like bees and butterflies. As chitin is also commonly found in insects, plants mistake frass chitin for a warning of imminent insect attack"

I'm not a salesman honest.

On my chili I had these little black flies which are no fruitflies but look more like a mosquito.
I placed a layer of aquariumgrind on the top which prevented them from breeding so the population died.
I seen a fucker flying in my tent.
Summer has its downsides...

... thank goodness Shanti provides such affordable seeds that personal failures like this aren't financial burdens. like wasting 60 bucks on a boring video game you never finish...
Nothing worse than wasting money and wasting time is unforgivable. In a world overflowing with seed to purchase and grow, it is good to begin the journey of trials and successes using the best tools and equipment one can afford. Making mistakes is one thing, making mistakes due to equipment failure is another. To find excellent gear at an affordable price is rare in today's world. Hope you sort things out.

...Insect frass.
..."Frass acts as a deterrent for plant-eating insects...
Evident you like your frass lol! Some weight there. I am amazed at how much of the world outside ourselves moves in "awareness" through sight but more importantly, smell.
Nature's ways are truly wondrous.

🤙 Mu

Nothing worse than wasting money and wasting time is unforgivable. In a world overflowering with seed to purchase and grow, it is good to begin the journey of trials and successes using the best tools and equipment one can afford. Making mistakes is one thing, making mistakes due to equipment failure is another. To find excellent gear at an affordable price is rare in today's world. Hope you sort things out.

Evident you like your frass lol! Some weight there. I am amazed at how much of the world outside ourselves moves in "awareness" through sight but more importantly, smell.

🤙 Mu

What's not to like?
NPK-Mg-cal Mycorrhizal, insect repellent and organic. Mostly ÂŁ5-8 a litre.
Micronutrients
Last but by no means least, frass is chock full of micronutrients, with high levels of natural silicon, and very low levels of sodium and chloride.

🤞good luck for this run.

Insect frass.

I know I keep saying it but it's got many benefits. Less pests because they think other predators are there. Plus the NPK-MG and myco. It is good shit.

"Frass acts as a deterrent for plant-eating insects while still supporting key pollinators, like bees and butterflies. As chitin is also commonly found in insects, plants mistake frass chitin for a warning of imminent insect attack"

I'm not a salesman honest.
I currently am doing synthetics, and I am unwilling to add anything but highly processed organic based additives as my previous excursions into organic synthetic mixed regimens have been abysmal failures. ABYSMAL; like a super deep hole of failure.

as I now have enough pro mix that has been ran trough, I can start adding compost, including insect frass, neem meal, karanja meal, malted barley, comfrey, stinging nettle, and grocery store produce waste. and purchase and culture my little sci fi army of arthropods and nematodes, protists, and fungi, in full force. It will be like in the Warhammer 40k fiction. A Death World. only something scarier than what lives there can make a home.

Nothing worse than wasting money and wasting time is unforgivable. In a world overflowering with seed to purchase and grow, it is good to begin the journey of trials and successes using the best tools and equipment one can afford. Making mistakes is one thing, making mistakes due to equipment failure is another. To find excellent gear at an affordable price is rare in today's world. Hope you sort things out.

🤙 Mu
all problems are easy to sor out when one takes the nuclear option. but integrated pest management states we work our way to that. I would much rather raise an army of life forms ranging from the microscopic to the macroscopic to do that for me. killing a pest with chemicals is ok. applying predation and parasitization pressure is where its at. the bees knees. cool beans. whats poppin. idk, whatever euphemisms you use you for cool.

in regards to the dog article, you would be surprised how influenced by smell we as humans are. we are no different than other animals in that we know the world by our noses. we have just blunted them out via being around stinks all the time. I have autism, smells are a huge part of my sensory experience of the world.

What's not to like?
NPK-Mg-cal Mycorrhizal, insect repellent and organic. Mostly ÂŁ5-8 a litre.
Micronutrients
Last but by no means least, frass is chock full of micronutrients, with high levels of natural silicon, and very low levels of sodium and chloride.
the only thing not to like is the cost. its why I think everyone should find someone local who raises insects for reptiles, like pet stores, and get frass for free by offering to clean it out for them regularly. or raise meal worms, and freeze kill them, and grind them up, mix w/ their frass and compost it.

I currently am doing synthetics, and I am unwilling to add anything but highly processed organic based additives as my previous excursions into organic synthetic mixed regimens have been abysmal failures. ABYSMAL; like a super deep hole of failure.

as I now have enough pro mix that has been ran trough, I can start adding compost, including insect frass, neem meal, karanja meal, malted barley, comfrey, stinging nettle, and grocery store produce waste. and purchase and culture my little sci fi army of arthropods and nematodes, protists, and fungi, in full force. It will be like in the Warhammer 40k fiction. A Death World. only something scarier than what lives there can make a home.

all problems are easy to sor out when one takes the nuclear option. but integrated pest management states we work our way to that. I would much rather raise an army of life forms ranging from the microscopic to the macroscopic to do that for me. killing a pest with chemicals is ok. applying predation and parasitization pressure is where its at. the bees knees. cool beans. whats poppin. idk, whatever euphemisms you use you for cool.

in regards to the dog article, you would be surprised how influenced by smell we as humans are. we are no different than other animals in that we know the world by our noses. we have just blunted them out via being around stinks all the time. I have autism, smells are a huge part of my sensory experience of the world.

the only thing not to like is the cost. its why I think everyone should find someone local who raises insects for reptiles, like pet stores, and get frass for free by offering to clean it out for them regularly. or raise meal worms, and freeze kill them, and grind them up, mix w/ their frass and compost it.

Off course buy from a local supplier they may have a different NPK mix from different insects.
I use a British brand

Forgot to mention this part. I use synthetic/frass but won't use synthetic with other organics.

"Additionally, frass has been found to be more effective when mixed with other mineral fertilisers in a substrate - suggesting a synergistic effect. "

Interesting info, will try to look at this topic, I also have periodical problems with theese litlle fly creatures :/ :)

Just parked my cart here :)

Interesting info, will try to look at this topic, I also have periodical problems with theese litlle fly creatures :/ :)

Just parked my cart here :)
fungus gnats are my normal small winged pest. it was the 1st tip off that something was wrong. I saw a gnat that looked wrong, and flew wrong. then saw the crawling form on clone roots. fungus gnats constantly get reintroduced cuz tis kind of swampy by the drain/river.
make sure to learn the difference between fruit flies, fungus gnats, and root aphid flight forms.

bout 35 shit's came up from the soil out of 60 some. w/ the 90% that popped up above soil from the other half of the USP, that puts it between 75 and 80% like Shanti Says they do for the second rate seeds.

I am about to start up 10 USP CBD amnesia to spite the 5 Retail CBD nordle for not coming up. I do not buy a separate seedling mix, I just use the same one I plant plants into. so this is what I get for having a peat/coco blend that refuses to release its water.

Back