Pink Floyd

Getting more reports back. "Thats some FINE stuff" , "Absolutely devastating", "Its got it all, bag appeal, flavour and powerfull" all followed by "what is it?" and "when can i get some more?"

So fine job on this one Shanti, i predict this will become a classic in due time. I hope im doing it justice and opening peoples eyes to your rock n' rollers.

I harvested the rest of the phenos at 11 weeks, once again they could have gone a bit longer but mold being an issue i harvested. I am confident i can get these girls to reach their FULL potential next run so stay tuned for a room full of ripe Pink Floyd. In the mean time i am going to rock the males out and collect some pollen...

Cheers :D

Happy Harvest

Congratulations IBF...

I cant wait to see you work this strain a few more times. I am also happy to hear that your market enjoys your labour and shanti's.

Looking forward to those F2's.

Take care,

CM

P.S. I read that organic thread you started. Some great info there. Especially Organic Ninja's repost. Organic Ninja mentioned that it is not a good idea to bubble Bat Guano, as I believe he stated something about non-beneficial bacteria becoming toxic and spoiling the mix... Maybe he will read this and explain why in more detail.

Hi itsbenfun,

Nice job, those buds look great! Sounds like really good feedback too.

Looking foward to the next run.:)

Peace

ON

P.S. Chana, I don't think I would've said anything about "non-beneficial bacteria becoming toxic and spoiling the mix". I did say not to use guano in a compost tea though. On the topic of guano, if you have a good soil/soilless mix I would top dress it personally (like in nature) and let the microbes do there thing. Something to keep in mind though is that AM fungi doesn't like high levels of phosphorus.

Hi folks i been reading up on bene's and it appears that the microlife doesnt like high ppm of anything,using salt ferts will harm them so am i right in thinking that there is no point in using em for my coco and just keep em for soil organics?They are expensive so i'd like to know if im killing em and rendering em useless?

P.S. Chana, I don't think I would've said anything about "non-beneficial bacteria becoming toxic and spoiling the mix". I did say not to use guano in a compost tea though. On the topic of guano, if you have a good soil/soilless mix I would top dress it personally (like in nature) and let the microbes do there thing. Something to keep in mind though is that AM fungi doesn't like high levels of phosphorus.

Sorry ON, didnt mean to put words in your mouth. I thought that bubbling powdered forms of Bat Guano is a form of compost tea... I guess it is not a tea unless there are more beneficial added....

But, ya brother. I find that bubbling the guano and feeding to the soil helps the powder breakdown and become usable to the plant immediately. I think that adding powder in the soil mix prior to bloom does not give enough time for the guano to breakdown (at least in the indoor environment), and ends up going to waste as the plants get harvested before they fully get a chance to do something with guano. Any who, just my thought on it.

Take care all,

CM

Hi folks i been reading up on bene's and it appears that the microlife doesnt like high ppm of anything,using salt ferts will harm them so am i right in thinking that there is no point in using em for my coco and just keep em for soil organics?They are expensive so i'd like to know if im killing em and rendering em useless?

If I understand this correctly the beneficial BACTERIA are killed by chemical (salt) nutes and the chelating agents (the edta's) that they use in their formulas. The mycorrhizal fungi are able to tolerate them however. What I've done in the past since I had a product that contained both bacteria and fungi was treat my plants once at the very beginning and assume that the fungi had attached to the roots and would survive, but the bacteria would be killed off.
I don't know if this was effective or not (seemed to be, but who knows), but in the future I'm going to get a fungi-only additive and not waste the money on bacteria I can't use! Turns out the PureBlend Pro I was using thinking it wouldn't hurt my beneficials actually contains that edta chelating agent and is NOT organic, according to Rev at Skunk magazine.

Hi Nobody, it's definitely counter productive as microbes don't like salt based/synthetic ferts.

Chana, no worries brother. Compost tea is about extracting and multiplying microbes from compost. What your rockin is a guano tea and is about nutrients. I think the bubbles are just agitating the guano to help make it more soluble, you could achieve the same with no bubbles and stir every one and awhile but it would take 48-72 hrs depending on the guano. When you say soil, you mean soilless right. Sorry. haha. As a soil grower I'm kinda anal about that because there's a big difference. The whole "time to breakdown" thing isn't accurate. Like this stuff takes 3 months and that stuff takes 6. How healthy your soil/soilless mix is will make a big difference. That's why I think the bubbled tea method is probably best for you.

I have a feeling your soilless mix is about to become alive though!:)

What up suburban, can you post a reference to where you read "mycorrihal fungi are able to tolerate them". I've never read that, as far as I know fungi are very fragile and I know that all other microbes are killed by them. No bottled nutrient is organic.(IMO, never seen one yet)

Respect
ON

Last edited:
Hey Fellas,

Some good convo here, thanks for dropping some knowledge on us ON, much appreciated. On the bubbling thing, i think its a good idea no matter what nutes you are using because it does take some time to fully disperse and become soluable(rather than just mixed up 10 minutes ago). Plus your water gets nice and airated.

I am no expert ON but do you think Chana and myself would benifit from adding some "compost tea" to our regimine? Of course assuming we are not useing salt based ferts. Also at what point and how often? Or would it be best to just get some voodoo juice or something similar?

Sorry for all the question there buddy, just trying to wrap my brain around this a little better:cool:

jj takes a swing at an in over his head ball

my knowledge is grade school.. if it's organic then u'll know it cause they'll b clappin their hands! so there's 2 paths.. mineral salts which r mined, fefined ... and organic, which comes from death/decomposition... erm, that's my lot!!

Hi IBF, great grow thread man. Excellent plants and pictures for sure. This may sound ignorant but how do you know if you are using salt base fertilizers? I always try and go organic for growing and now I am questioning myself. Perhaps you guys and shed a little more light on this subject.

Thanks so much

Hey Dawn, Thanks for the kind words and you dont sound ignorant, perfectly logical question. I would have to agree with OrganicNinja that most if not all "bottled" ferts are salt based. For instance i was using some Fox Farm products in this pink floyd grow and even tho they portray an organic image and do have some organics in their ferts, its mostly salt based.

Organics in my mind are guanos(theres alot of them not just bat and seabird but chicken, cow,ect), kelp, blood/bone meals, wood ash, kitchen compost, ect, ect.

^^^The list could go on and on

Hope that helps:D

my knowledge is grade school.. if it's organic then u'll know it cause they'll b clappin their hands! so there's 2 paths.. mineral salts which r mined, fefined ... and organic, which comes from death/decomposition... erm, that's my lot!!

Haha :D Its kinda like baking a death cake :eek: A dash of dried blood, a cup of ground bone... oh and dont forget the POOP! Lots of POOP! LOL

Hi IBF, great grow thread man. Excellent plants and pictures for sure. This may sound ignorant but how do you know if you are using salt base fertilizers? I always try and go organic for growing and now I am questioning myself. Perhaps you guys and shed a little more light on this subject.

Thanks so much

After reading this thread I wondered the same thing. I went down in my supply area and looked at my fert bottles. The fox farm tiger bloom I have, had some dried fert around the cap. You could def see a salt build up. Just thought I would share a somewhat easy way to tell if it's salt based

my soul to sell

Haha :D Its kinda like baking a death cake :eek: A dash of dried blood, a cup of ground bone... oh and dont forget the POOP! Lots of POOP! LOL

hahaha!! nice. man, that's the best organic sales pitch i've come across! where do i sign up? gotta get me some of that death cake! decayed feast, my good sir? jj

info

Its all good JJ, I dont mind at all bro... I could only comment as far as NFT and DWC, I owned a few Aero-flo's some years back and a friend of mine had a DWC system. They deffinately increase growth rates, yeilds, ect. but are no comparison to soil and organics when it comes to flavors and odors. Plus i just feel better about people smoking the organic end product. I have heard of people doing organic hydro but i would be inclined to think it would be very difficult to keep everything clean and running smoothly. To each their own! Found this in the news today, Cosmic Log - Food waste + fish poop = lettuce and i know some fox farm products and many others are water soluable organics which could be hand fed to rockwool or coco.

I took about half the phenos at 10 weeks, some could have gone longer but again i am starting to spot mold:mad: I need more circulation i think, i have 2 6inch clip on fans and a 6" x 16" carbon filter w/ 425 cfm fan for exaust in a 5' x 5' tent. Going to be adding some more or those clip on fans and hopefully i wont have to put a dehumidifier in there or hotbox to get these girls to comepletion.

Heres a few pics, first 2 are damn near ripe and second 2 could have gone at least a week or 2 longer.
0255.JPG

0265.JPG

0274.JPG

0311.JPG

As far as the smoke goes, everyone seems to have the same two questions. 1-What is this? 2-When can i get more? She is ALL incense and spice in the odor department until you break off a bud, then the fruit/candy fruit smells hit. They flavors are dominately fruit/candy fruit with undertones of incense and spice. You get a real fruit salad with all the phenos:D Shes a crowd pleaser thats for sure, very balanced, instant head rush, nice body stone, soaring haze high that seems to last and last.

0632.JPG

0612.JPG

0661.JPG

0591.JPG

IMO all these buds could go a few more weeks one thing ive found with the haze is you think its finishing and all of a sudden it will shoot up two or three little toiwers and then check the trics , then you will see then turning amber taking haze early is a big mistake ive done it a few time before i learned some of the strains traits. this is just my opinion and trying to help so dont take me wrong im just saying letting it go a little longer is better than early

i agree with rimmeo

i also dont understand how you got bud rot/mold on such small buds , whats your humidity at ?

they do look like they would have been fantastic though if given another couple/few weeks

Last edited:
Mold

IMO all these buds could go a few more weeks one thing ive found with the haze is you think its finishing and all of a sudden it will shoot up two or three little toiwers and then check the trics , then you will see then turning amber taking haze early is a big mistake ive done it a few time before i learned some of the strains traits. this is just my opinion and trying to help so dont take me wrong im just saying letting it go a little longer is better than early

No offense taken :D

i agree with rimmeo

i also dont understand how you got bud rot/mold on such small buds , whats your humidity at ?

they do look like they would have been fantastic though if given another couple/few weeks

Well to try and explain better Ive had this tent for only about 9 months and its a bit like growing in a baggie. It seems to hold in humidy very well and even condensate on the walls at times. Not sure what the exact humidity is but its obviously high. I have since gotten a larger filter/fan for exaust(now running 24/7) and added 2 more 6in clip-on fans to make 4 total, also ive added some velcro so i can open the vent flap at the bottom during lights-on and even have the door wide open most days. So im at the point of considering a dehumidifier or AC. What else could I do besides ditch the tent comepletely???

I was baffled too, and they were so close too but hey if youve spotted mold in the past and just left it, you know what can happen, with a quickness! Despite it all im taking it as a preveiw of whats to come and yes i agree with both of you, they would have been fantastic looking in a couple weeks, theres always next time :D

wish u could ditch the tent, bro.. it's holdin u back.. i'd hate to have to deal with the limitations u have to put up with. anythings better than growin in a baggie,eh?...

whats wrong with the tent i never grew in one but cant you just vent it betterso you get better cirulation that should cure that problem my vent system went down for one day during haze flowering and it caused a fungus problem i had to take care of right away

I got an a/c dehumidifier and it made a huge difference. I highly recommend it especially in the later part of flowering. I got bud rot on my first Critical Mass run and then I left the dehumidifier on 24/7 and didn't have it the second run.

That good to know, i wanted to gravitate towards that option yet "real estate" is at a prime in one of these get ups.

wish u could ditch the tent, bro.. it's holdin u back.. i'd hate to have to deal with the limitations u have to put up with. anythings better than growin in a baggie,eh?...

I know, its unkown territory for me as i am used to a much larger, permanent space where i can actually walk into, but unfortunately at present its the best home i can give them for time being. Onward and Upward I always say.

whats wrong with the tent i never grew in one but cant you just vent it betterso you get better cirulation that should cure that problem my vent system went down for one day during haze flowering and it caused a fungus problem i had to take care of right away

Thats the problem basically, i undershot the ventilation needs of growing in one of these, I have increased ventilation and circulation to the max and am hoping for the best next time. Also i am running the exaust 24/7 now because i am thinking the ambient air is airconditioned and inside the tent remained warm and stagnent during the lights out and caused condensation, high humidity, stagnent air, and mold. I wouldve never forsaw the vent needs of a tent until experiencing it myself.

Spot on Itsben , I always had a hygrometer in my growrooms and I used to run my lights on during the night and off during the day to beat the heat we have here. What I found was that humidity was always highest in the first hour after I turned the lights off. I used to try and grow hedge like tipped plants instead of letting the colas get to big. Cheers mate!

Cheers BucketBong! Yeah I should probably pop the few $ to moniter the situation a little better eh? Ive been shooting for big colas and lots of them, I certainly could reduce the plant numbers and bud size by pruning but hey, can ya blame me? Its a big bud hybrid! LOL :D

Back