Pink Floyd

hey all, hey fun. i think jhazen was askin of the height of them cuts prior to switchin.. those had no veg, right? rooted, start new growth, then straight into flower?

Itsbenfun,

Great thread man.
You know your sh_t.
Very educational.
Looking forward to more from you.

Peace to all at MNS
E_Haze

Thanks for the kind words:D

Beautiful ladies there Ben..I just love how these haze hybrids get better and better the older they get..

They certainly come into their own when closing in on maturity:D

hey all, hey fun. i think jhazen was askin of the height of them cuts prior to switchin.. those had no veg, right? rooted, start new growth, then straight into flower?

JJ whats up my man? My bad, Yes this run was straight from clone(2 weeks in cubes) into flower, no veg, so 6-8 inches.

hey fun, what's the growing medium comprised of, and what is it's volume?

Glad u brought this up cuzz ive kept it simple so far, KISS. Pro-mix, 1 bale with a international guano kit(3 or 4 different bat and then sea bird), 2 bags of earthworm castings and then fed with the basic water soluable fox farm nutes on a 'heavy' feed schedule everyother watering. They are in 2 gallon grow bags and am thinking of upgrading to 3 gallon 'smart' pots, also thinking of adding the bells and whistles to the fox farm program... cha-ching,kanga roots, ect.

We will see, i can push these gals much further than they are. 1 thing for certain is they need much higher N at the begining of flower than you think, and alltogether more nutes in general, like an established indica, just with a sativa frame:D

plastic fantastic

hey all,, hey fun..
u know, i just realised something.. in all my years growing, i'v never ever done one organic! that don't seem right, huh? wouldn't know where to start.. so u don't water till run off? thata b handy if that's the case! . .. .jj

How much guano do you add to the bale of promix?

I use to use various guanos in different amounts but my plants tended to burn with it in the mix.

u know, i just realised something.. in all my years growing, i'v never ever done one organic! that don't seem right, huh? wouldn't know where to start.. so u don't water till run off? thata b handy if that's the case! . .. .jj

I water everyother day, soil retains it nutes and H20, i water until it hits a bouyancy and then let it go back back to dry. But yes basically enough water to start some run-off is all it needs and NO more.

How much guano do you add to the bale of promix?

I use to use various guanos in different amounts but my plants tended to burn with it in the mix.

I use around 2 cups of each kind, but i make sure to water very well immediately so to get a very rich run-off and also let this mix sit for some weeks to stabilize. A 'hot' or 'active' mix is what burns your plants. Try the mix youve tried before but 'flush' it, then let sit for 2 weeks, it wont be so 'hot'.

Thanks IBF. I'll give that a try. I've always mixed the organics and let them sit for at least 2-3 weeks before use but I've never "preflushed" it.

Thanks IBF. I'll give that a try. I've always mixed the organics and let them sit for at least 2-3 weeks before use but I've never "preflushed" it.

No problem bro, the "preflushing" leeches out some good stuff but it really gets the guanos to start breaking down into useable forms for the plants, earthworm castings help alot as there is lots of microbes that go to work breaking down the guanos as well. Try it out youll be suprised, place your hand on top of the "preflushed" soil after a week and there will be heat coming off of it, thats all the little life forms eating your guano, i think this is where the term "burning" your plants comes from.

Hi IBF and Resinfinger...

I hope you guys are enjoying your Saturday night!

On the powder form of guano...

Have either of you ever tried diluting in ph balanced water prior to application... I find this method works amazing and hastens the biological process quicker. You also use a lot less of the guano...

Just get a 5 gallon bucket drop a cup to half a cup of powdered guano into ph water and mix... I usually add an air stone bubble and let it go in the dark for 24 to 48 hours before I apply to my soil!

Great thread IBF you are putting in some good work here. Thank you...

CM

Yo Channa, I haven't tried it, but I started a thread awhile back http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/12-outdoor/5782-anyone-tried-compost-tea.html and am very interested in trying it out, seems like lots of folks get great results even if its just a once and awhile type thing.

This Hazy beaded pheno looks like she may be ripe at the end of the week which will be 10 weeks, lots of the others look like they are contenders for being 10 weekers also.

00811.JPG

00913.JPG

01111.JPG

01012.JPG

Last edited:
Hi IBF,

Thanks for the response. I never saw the thread you started before. I am going to go have a read!

Your 10 weeker look real tasty man... your PF in this months photo contest is something that I would like to have in my garden... which pheno is that one...

keep those pictures rolling my brother...

Peace,

CM

The Photo in this months contest is the same pheno i just posted, haziest of the bunch but the lowest yeilder.
I put a clone of each of the males into flower today, 7 phenos total, 3 Phenos had that multi-bladed first leaf and a 4th was the first seedling to emit a smell and it was STRONG:eek:
But we will see what pans out. I will make sure to take plenty of more photos:cool:

Last edited:
Hey Chana I hope things are well. I work to much to really enjoy a Saturday night.

I has not tried that with guano.

IBF that's a cool thread. The guy in Alaska should enter the veggie of the month contest. Those are huge!

Your PF hazy pheno looks good!

hey all.

so i'v got an organic question, since it's been on the table.. hope that's cool with u, fun.. i wanna get into it for educational purposes..

-having never done one, i have no idea regarding the difference in growth rates/yield as opposed to hydro (nutes delivered via water) methods. any info, guys? thanks, all. .. .jj

Its all good JJ, I dont mind at all bro... I could only comment as far as NFT and DWC, I owned a few Aero-flo's some years back and a friend of mine had a DWC system. They deffinately increase growth rates, yeilds, ect. but are no comparison to soil and organics when it comes to flavors and odors. Plus i just feel better about people smoking the organic end product. I have heard of people doing organic hydro but i would be inclined to think it would be very difficult to keep everything clean and running smoothly. To each their own! Found this in the news today, http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/07/06/7027865-food-waste-fish-poop-lettuce and i know some fox farm products and many others are water soluable organics which could be hand fed to rockwool or coco.

I took about half the phenos at 10 weeks, some could have gone longer but again i am starting to spot mold:mad: I need more circulation i think, i have 2 6inch clip on fans and a 6" x 16" carbon filter w/ 425 cfm fan for exaust in a 5' x 5' tent. Going to be adding some more or those clip on fans and hopefully i wont have to put a dehumidifier in there or hotbox to get these girls to comepletion.

Heres a few pics, first 2 are damn near ripe and second 2 could have gone at least a week or 2 longer.
0255.JPG

0265.JPG

0274.JPG

0311.JPG

As far as the smoke goes, everyone seems to have the same two questions. 1-What is this? 2-When can i get more? She is ALL incense and spice in the odor department until you break off a bud, then the fruit/candy fruit smells hit. They flavors are dominately fruit/candy fruit with undertones of incense and spice. You get a real fruit salad with all the phenos:D Shes a crowd pleaser thats for sure, very balanced, instant head rush, nice body stone, soaring haze high that seems to last and last.

0632.JPG

0612.JPG

0661.JPG

0591.JPG

Last edited:
top job

some lovley work there man i gonna have to give the floyd a run brilliant pics aswell nice one man

G`day IBF

Just wait till you get dialed in bro .
Nice work IBF . Damn shame about the mold bro .The last cpl of pics look like they would have benefited from another cpl of weeks eh ?
Been tossin up re the Rock n Rollers but have decided on Mango Hz for now .I figure once I have a feel for those beasts I will be better able to manage some of these newer hybrids .

Thanks for sharin

Elmer Bud .

Yep, those last couple could have gone a bit longer, still got about 6 phenos still going on this run. Ive had this tent for about 9 months now and as much as i like it, its a bit like growing in a baggie lol. Hopefully some more air circulation will solve the problem without having to resort to dehumidifier/airconditioner or some other peice of equipment. It just breaks my heart having to chop something that is so close to completion. It will be put to the test here because i have an army of clones ready to fill my flowering tent:D The march of the Floyds is on!

Cheers Elmer

Back