Piffcoast farms haze cuts- piff s2 and pity city piff

Status
Not open for further replies.

piffcat

Hi, as a former member of the South Holland crew i can tell you that was not the case. I have grown A5, C5, HPH, Durban Haze, 75% Haze, Ag13, CG13 and Neville's in the past and the only 2 out of this list that could finish in 90 days were the HPH and Durban Haze, the rest all took 14 to 16 weeks on rockwool slabs with the exception of Neville's and 75%Haze that would run 16 to 18 weeks. On soil you could add 2 more weeks to that.
Thanks alot for all the great haze info. Have you seen al beanbrains git ahold of old sssc durban p 34 x haze. I believe this was made w haze c male and won cup by nevil. So guess he shared haze. For that cross. Anyway he did a reproduction recently. Also crossed it to o haze.

Did you ever get to grow Hawaiian haze? I have some pics from a5 page on wietforum. gallery_8004_4394_293248.jpgScreenshot_20210108-203801_Chrome.jpg

First pic is a5s grow. Second is abraxas coffee shop clone. I believe haze c mated to a Hawaiian indica but also a spindly long flower sativa.

Jahnova

Have you seen al beanbrains git ahold of old sssc durban p 34 x haze. I believe this was made w haze c male and won cup by nevil.
I've grown what was called Durban Haze and yes it had the C male in it. Werent as stretchy as the other 50% hazes, topped i would say x 3 stretch instead of x 4. Quite heavy buds for a 50% Haze that would make up for not being as stretchy. You could easily put 5 a square meter instead of 4. Ran it maybe 3 times.

Yosemite Sam

A5 wasnt really for everyone over here. It did have its hardcore fans but the high was very hard hitting and unpleasant to most and especially to inexperienced haze smokers. Ive seen people go truly paranoid from that stuff. The C male is much more friendly in effect. More enjoyable. I liked it better and i can see why most Haze crosses were made with him and not the A male. C also brings more complex terpine profiles to the table, whereas the A crosses always carried a certain recognizable smell, just more predictable.
Hi there, i am sure we did meet at F’s place.
I payed him a visit last week, always very enjoyable like per usual although he is facing charges since the last raid. Being 70+ doesn’t make things easier.
Hope to reconnect with you irl some day soon.

Sammy thanks for the compliment and dropping in! Your growing style inspires me to go rockwool and hoping to get some of your clubs next time! Have 40 isaac haze coming to pheno hunt and line breed!
Hi brother,
Hope the Isaac line will provide you with some amazing plants & flowers!
Best of luck growing these gems, keep us posted please.
Thank YOU!

Jahnova

I payed him a visit last week, always very enjoyable like per usual although he is facing charges since the last raid. Being 70+ doesn’t make things easier.
Glad to hear the old fella is still alive and kicking, i havent seen him since his big dog died so thats been a while. I still know his number by head, i wonder if he ever changed it lol. Sorry to hear about the raid, it sucks being Dutch. Tell him Albert's friend from the 010 who could grow some mighty fine C5 and CG13 says hi. I love that guy.

Yosemite Sam

Glad to hear the old fella is still alive and kicking, i havent seen him since his big dog died so thats been a while. I still know his number by head, i wonder if he ever changed it lol. Sorry to hear about the raid, it sucks being Dutch. Tell him Albert's friend from the 010 who could grow some mighty fine C5 and CG13 says hi. I love that guy.
It’s still the exact same number :p
CG13 wasnt an easy cultivar easy to grow, I concur about the DurbanHaze, not the best yielder but very nice weed. Such a shame these precious cuts got lost. Dutch legislation was and still is completely whacked.
Next time i visit i will pass him your kind regards.
Remember the Nepalese Hashish he offered? Only one word for it: divine
Cheers man ☯

#NightMare#

No disturbing here the a5 info and anything on the old cuts is gold info to me. I agree that 14 weeks seems to be the best balance. When I got the piff s2 was the first time piffcoast released any of his nyc haze clones that was not out an outcross. While I'm blown away by the smell taste etc I would have liked to take it longer. This is my buddy's first pull and was anxious to smoke. Imo theres a good bit of spectrum in the cloudy or milky stage. The pc3 has the exact effect I'm looking for but not the 3 to 4 hour ride that a 100 day haze brings
. In my area gdp bubba and other crystal naptime turds are all the rage. So anything approaching sativa is like a spring in the desert. I recently traveled to mass and bought some amnesia haze at dispensary(somas seedline). It was beautiful and on the testing 0 cbd. 22 thc. These are numbers I'm looking for and the high was euphoric. But it just didnt have that undeniable ancient essence of the piff. If these traits come thru that strong in an s2 generation a backcross to the original brown haze clone will be my next step. Possibly also reverse the pcity as it doesnt show much indica traits. It's been posited before that brown haze is an early a5 clone only known as the great 88. Although it was never released publicly it was passed privately and the brown cure color seems to support this as a5 being thai dominant. No matter what the brown is she has qualities mostly lost to time cant wait to dial her in. Certainly make a great sog plant.

Sammy thanks for the compliment and dropping in! Your growing style inspires me to go rockwool and hoping to get some of your clubs next time! Have 40 isaac haze coming to pheno hunt and line breed!
Isnt that cutting know as the great 88 cut supposedly what they say is the nevils haze, the know name for what they called the c5 seedline back in the days. Although due to the older nevils haze tag I know afew people now who think it actually is the nevils haze (5AC), but to me it definitely looks like one of the very sativa phenotypes that come out of the old f1 c5. I dont think ive seen the original nyc brown haze cutting, is there any chance you can put up a picture of it if possible please piffcat.

Last edited:

n2ishun

Don't shoot me for saying this.
I seem to remember that The Flying Dutchmen had the real deal original haze at one point.
I don't know diddly about TFD nor anything about their stock or employees.
I'm just remembering something about them having an unadulterated haze back in the day, not Nevils, but true haze.
Can anyone maybe elaborate on this ?

longball

MNS Hall of Fame
From an ad:

Original Haze Cannabis Seeds from Flying Dutchman Seeds
We have worked with this variety in Holland for more than 20 years now. It is the base for all the Haze you can find here in Holland. Since being stabilized in the late 70's The Original Haze has never been hybridized. Perfect for breeding projects due to its pure breeding status. For commercial growers this strain is not recommended due to its size and long maturation time. Very potent with an energetic cerebral high. Special breeding stock. The only original pure Haze available.

• Regular (non feminized) Cannabis Seeds
  • Sunny / Mediterranean
  • Flowering 90 - 115 days
  • Yield Large
  • 90% Sativa
(underline by me, can't vouch for it)

n2ishun

Well it didn't take much creativity to find my own answers.
In 2006 Ben sold The flying dutchman to Sensi, all stock, the store, and all strains.
Pre 2006 it was true haze, after Sensi takeover it went to shit....par for the course there eh ?
BTW, the above 90-115 days flowering time was listed after the Sensi takeover.
Also to note; has anyone EVER seen a strain that performed at the suggested flowering times ? I have not.

piffcat

Hi brother,
Hope the Isaac line will provide you with some amazing plants & flowers!
Best of luck growing these gems, keep us posted please.
Thank YOU!
Thanks for encouraging w
Words I am hoping tin find a pheno like thus-Screenshot_20210707-231812_Chrome.jpg

Looks like your f1 produced some ancestor synergistic effects either throwing back to an ancestor or recombinant dna. I def plan to pick adequate males for progeny testing as well as reversing to make s1s

Status
Not open for further replies.