Piffcoast farms haze cuts- piff s2 and pity city piff

BuzzardsBay

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the closer you can breed a cannabis plant's terpene profile to that of frankincense the closer you'll get to church. Note from above that the Cuban Black Haze has the highest α-Pinene concentration, then looky here:

View attachment 51128

The β-Myrcene in the three terpene analyses is the overwhelmingly predominant constituent, as it is in most cannabis. β-Myrcene is a minor constituent in frankincense, ranking thirteenth behind α- and β-Pinene, α- and β-Amyrin, D-Limonene, Camphene, Caryophyllene, and others. Here's part of the table I made from the composite Omani frankincense terpene sample analysis I found on the web:

View attachment 51129

I'd love to smoke actual piff, if it exists. Cocktail Frank at ICM has a thread about his favorite weed, a mango haze cut from one of Shanti's first batches of mango haze. He says he bought piff in Washington Heights back in the day and his mango haze is a dead ringer. I suspect the original piff that everyone raves about was an Nl5Haze A or Nl5Haze C, or maybe an early Neville's Haze F1. My Angel's Breathe F2 keeper was made from a really nice mango-haze-leaning mom and I think it is definitely incensey, churchy smoke, but I've never had the piff for comparison. I'd love to run a terpene analysis on a properly grown and cured sample of her. I don't think I'd be violating the MNS TOU if I offered to provide a clone of my AB F2 keeper to someone here who can do it justice in flower, in which case I'd be happy to arrange for lab analysis of the finished product. PM me if there are any takers who live in Massachusetts or a legal state and can do so without violating the MNS TOU. :)

This is why I select for piney aromas along with long flowering times among the plants I grow. The best bags of Colombian and Mexican sativas I stuck my nose in back during the 70s always had a wonderful piney, earthy aroma. I want to recreate that. I want to build my own haze. I want to find my own church. It's a purposeful and righteous endeavor.
Great post. I think the F2 is already there

CannaFish

Nice looking shape to the bud so far. What do you mean by it smells Indian? Like Indian ganja? Are the red stems genetic or do think it’s environmental?

piffcat

Nice looking shape to the bud so far. What do you mean by it smells Indian? Like Indian ganja? Are the red stems genetic or do think it’s environmental?
[/QUOTI

I guess by indian i meant curry like. Kinda bad at smells on live plants but like not acrid or soft berry mycerene. More like u bump it or rub and nose flares a little. If in kneeling down to work on plant next to it get a head turning periferal whiff. Ibguess there is so much olfactory palette past the 8 week indo skunkoid im not great at catalogueing them yet lol. But looking forward to practicing.

The stems on piffcoasts lady were also dark red but i think water temp or rootzone temp is causing slight deficiency. When the tent was in full veg mode at 78/72 rh they were nearly all green. Around this time my new ip55 tube heater came in to replace a ceramic tower heater which was a bandaid. The tubelar heater however put out much less thermal ir then ceramic and temp actually dropped. Since its a small operation my buddy has the rez just outside the tent meaning water temp followed tent temp. This inadvertant decrease lowered transpiration and im thinking also caused the return of the red stems. Seems like haze can be pre inclined towards red striping or high brix red liquid in stems so maybe deficiency wouldnt be correct term. If the red has to do with brix then perhaps it would be an indicator of plant health and high brix but have a tipping point where the brix content became counter productive. As surface temp go down and brix levels stay same. Noticed this when snapping fan leaves stem would love deficient red hue but inside it was chock ful of brix almost encapsulated to a degree. I really like to look at small characteristics and traits

piffcat

It looks like the red is genetic. Did you keep cuts or plan on making any seeds with these hazes?
I have cuts of both these. Piffcoast released the piff s2 at a gene traders in january. Even tho its selfed its still thebclosest public offering off uptown brown heights haze ive seen. When it came up piff put this advertisement up. At the time i had just split ways w old partners in a med grow and didnt have any new spot yet. But i felt the need to buy anyway i couldnt know of a piff clone that finisged in 10 week and was selected for resin and ultra frankencense. Ive always run coco by have a mostly hating relationship with t for many salty reasons. Im a big disciple of yo sammy he has a great tutorial on wietforum for growing haze in slabs. So these 2 plants the piff s2 and the pity city i found a home for. My buddy whos grown begore threw up a 4x8 and i tried to emulate sammy. Now unortunatly hebinsisted on an led light for efficency reasons. Theres nothing wrong with that but i have always used hps which has a built in temp regulator lol. The light guarentess a minumum daytime temp and turning it off makes temp go down. Im big on vpd so failing to get the air hot enough to give these beautiful ladies deserve was a struggle at first.my partner always severly underfed them as run off in slabs can be deceiving. So these ec rootzone issues have been a learning experience.
However 0 cec of the rockwoo paired with efficiency and vigor from jnstant synthesize nutrients is awe inspiring. High air water ratio and the root growing power of percent drybacks have me convinced its best
Its best quality tho is crop steering. Ability to wind down or reign these sensitive models in. Cutting nitrogen and longer drybacks seem to be a key for sammy to finish with insane potency and those bats a red my goal. I love how productive and vigorous sat hybrids are. Its comforting knowing o just have to keep out of there way lol. If u look at piffs page the pity stretches about 7x lol. Also how i know mine ned improvemeny.

I would love to oitcross any of these cuts to other sativas nevils grail style. Got a few rooted of yhe pity city if anyones interested. Only have 2 of the 10 week now but after i bush them out same goes.Screenshot_20201226-232555_Instagram.jpgScreenshot_20210419-110631_Instagram.jpgScreenshot_20210517-225553_Instagram.jpg

Pics are piff s2 ad pity city grown by master piff and last pic is yo sammyS room of isaac haze which is ag13haze x ([c5 south holland]x mr nice 5hzc]) life goals right there. Instead of reversing the c5 clone sammy grew out shantis regular seeds and picked a male candidate based on resin structure and sativa traitsvpassed to progeny. A line breeders dream. G13 and nl5 lines on indica side. Both haze a and c on haze side. Pick any other haze hybrid likely related! Sammy nevil shanti my heros

musashi

Site Moderator
Staff member
... Ability to wind down or reign these sensitive models in. Cutting nitrogen and longer drybacks seem to be a key for sammy to finish with insane potency and those bats a red my goal. I love how productive and vigorous sat hybrids are. Its comforting knowing o just have to keep out of there way lol.
The ingredients for success. Less is more. Spare the food, water and humidity in the end and don’t fuss with them.

🤙Mu

piffcat

Here is the link to sammys guide on dutch forum. Its a translated link should be all english. He grows c5 and nev haze in this and while its a conparison of groden slabs to a newer organic along the way he gives awesome onstructions very specific regards to food watts temp light distance and most importantly reducing nitrogen. He has many other albums on this page as well.

Theres also a page from bonk sammys friend and a mutual friend of nevils. He is credited as an early mentor to nev as well as preservationist of south holland cuts for longer then ive been alive. Replenished nevil several times when ever pigs made problems for nev. Also credited w developing alot of early rockwool cannabis stratedgy. Since netherlands was already big in food veggy hydro they adapted this equipment to bud bybpicking inbelieve peppers or paprika as a nutrient starting point. Rockwool cubes began as slabs cut into squares. Sammy is so old school he buys each full slab and cuts in half another adaptation from this time. All of tjis began in vacants invad parts of town. They cut the first floor out of homes so the grow stretch from basement to 2nd floor ceiling. This gus were real ingenuius and huge idols of mine. Hope i can get to there level!
I like the way you think. Here's one I'm playing with. it's simply irresistible x PuntoBiche. I think it's male. In veg it looks like a good blend of the 2 parents.

View attachment 51415
I like the way you think. Here's one I'm playing with. it's simply irresistible x PuntoBiche. I think it's male. In veg it looks like a good blend of the 2 parents.

View attachment 51415
Those are beautiful fan leaves very happy plant inlike when you can see that yellow green dark green fade from new growth out. Is simply ir the jack cross or sweet skunk i cant remember. Speaking of colombian landrace hybrids i recently into a native colombian seed company from cauca named casita. They took 3 local cauca farm drug lines created a sativa ibl and then crossed it to ak47. In cauca they have adapted a way to grow indoor sensimilla yields and flower times. This is done bybusing all daylight hours and then outdoor lights when the sun goes down. In this way they can veg at 18/6 and to flip they simply turn the outsoor lights off! Cauca is home to about half of all colombian cannabis . For decades this cauca oceanside state was ruled by the farc guerillas . Its beutal terrian is very goos for growing bud as well
This cauca heriloom was crossed to the ak then selected in the manner described to f3. Selection criteria is resin anthocyanins mold and mushroom resistance. Once at f3 it was crossed to another acclimated nl5 haze and big haze was born. Check these beautiful plants

CannaFish

Simply irresistible is the Haze x sweet skunk. Sweet skunk is possibly a NLHZ plant. Possibly not.
Reports of Haze x Jack didn’t have the incense smoke. Simply irresistible had incense confirmed in several reports.
ive smoked the sweet skunk s1 fems and it has a very similar amazing incense smell and smoke akin to simply irresistible. The high is better with simply irresistible.
I also smoked 1 test plant from another cross of simply irresistible and it had an incredible smell, taste and high with a frankincense smoke. So I’m pumped to see what SI x PuntoBiche will produce.
I’m not a fan of the new Colombian technique of using supplementary lights and Dutch genetics. They’ve got the climate to grow the good shit like they did in the 60-70’s.

piffcat

Here is an up date on the girls. Weve had couple bumps in road first time in rockwool and think were in the clear! The pity city is a beautiful plant she has running cola and an astringent spicy floral smell. The 10 week piff s2 had the most stress I topped her and flipped too soon should have let her go regular. But her buds are beautiful especially those in mid zone as they weren't as impacted by nutrient spikes. I have a nice clone of the pc3 ready to go after these 2 and hopefully I'll be able to grow her to full potential this time around. I really like growing these piff haze hybrid ladies. Even w the mess ups they continue to get stinkier fatter and prettier by the day. I'm bad at smell description but when you open the tent on pc3 side overwhelming smell of good trees! Kinda thing u just want to keep smelling. Think I'll start supplementing potassium sulfate and molasses for a little home made terpinator

Pc3 buds
Screenshot_20210604-131609_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210604-131441_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210604-122248_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210604-122324_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210604-122349_Gallery.jpg

And heres ms pity city

Attachments

piffcat

The pity city has shown flashes of brilliance pushing thru the bombs eeve dropped on it as first time rockwool. Whereas pc3 reverted back to a mini bush after the rootzone compromised the pitty she pushed thru . Not withstanding an isolated incident ex spike due to dryness. Reminds me of bandaid haze 7 or ag13 in bud and pistil structure. She has s vigorous stretch forming long runner colas .

She was a piff bagseed found in pittsfield ma. So much vigor makes me think it could be a bastard daughter between. Cbh and another haze sharing a room. Just guessing tho.
Beyond red stems she seems to turn leaf veins red on the fingers. Anyone seen this before?