Piffcoast farms haze cuts- piff s2 and pity city piff

piffcat

What’s Piffs2 smelling like?
Piff s2 has musty and kinda spicey like Indian. Feels thick in the air after stem rub. This first week the smell smacked me in face when opening tent. S2 is having a little leaf down cuppage from dry top air level. I ordered an ultrasonic ceramic fogger instead of this cheap baby humidifier.
It is really nice to have a variety of scents instead of just skunkoids.
Pcf printed up a bunch of terpenes profiles of his cuts. It's very interesting because definitive pattern:
Mycerene 50%
Second terp depending on variety
3. 10% ocimene .
Screenshot_20210504-083813_Instagram.jpgScreenshot_20210504-083748_Instagram.jpgScreenshot_20210504-083739_Instagram.jpg

musashi

Site Moderator
Staff member
...The most beautiful plants are never seen by 99 percent of smokers. I kno the lighting company sun on demand has created a plasma that nearly 100% match of sunlight. They can alter it by longitude and latitude as well as soil reproduction even the specific food soil web. The author of teaming with microbes whose name escapes me is involved...
Are you thinking of Lowenfels?

...The French provenance of champagne Bordeaux burgundy are highly detailed and command high market value. Once the smoke clears on the high mycerene golfball thc plants these same factors will come into play....
Pcf printed up a bunch of terpenes profiles of his cuts. It's very interesting because definitive pattern:
Mycerene 50%
3. 10% ocimene .
View attachment 51100
Are you thinking of Myrcene?

🤙Mu

piffcat

Are you thinking of Lowenfels?
Yup that's him

Are you thinking of Myrcene

Pcf did a terpene analysis on cuban black haze piffs2(brown) and redline. What he found is very interesting . These are 3 cuts all known to be very churchy in dif ways.

Each one was approx half Myrcene. And each ones 3rd highest terpene was ocimene at aprox 10 percent. This combo forms the base of church. The ocimene is key. Once those 2 combine it looks like pinene and carolyphene levels create a distinction between the piney church and basement church. The coolest part is Marcus discovered the amyrins (ocimene) importance in frankincense terpene and noted it is usually only found in hemp. Check out his pie chart.

🤙Mu

CannaFish

The thing I've noticed is that the frankincense smoke can come from different smelling plants.

I've had the frankincense smoke from several different crosses that weren't all the same in smell and flavor or high, but would still leave the frankincense smell once burnt. The more church the better though, it gives such a rush of old memories when smelling it.

I'm surprised nobody has made a good regular haze line that is consistently franky.

Marcus_in_the_Darkus

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the closer you can breed a cannabis plant's terpene profile to that of frankincense the closer you'll get to church. Note from above that the Cuban Black Haze has the highest α-Pinene concentration, then looky here:

ScreenHunter 176.jpg

The β-Myrcene in the three terpene analyses is the overwhelmingly predominant constituent, as it is in most cannabis. β-Myrcene is a minor constituent in frankincense, ranking thirteenth behind α- and β-Pinene, α- and β-Amyrin, D-Limonene, Camphene, Caryophyllene, and others. Here's part of the table I made from the composite Omani frankincense terpene sample analysis I found on the web:

ScreenHunter 174.jpg

I'd love to smoke actual piff, if it exists. Cocktail Frank at ICM has a thread about his favorite weed, a mango haze cut from one of Shanti's first batches of mango haze. He says he bought piff in Washington Heights back in the day and his mango haze is a dead ringer. I suspect the original piff that everyone raves about was an Nl5Haze A or Nl5Haze C, or maybe an early Neville's Haze F1. My Angel's Breathe F2 keeper was made from a really nice mango-haze-leaning mom and I think it is definitely incensey, churchy smoke, but I've never had the piff for comparison. I'd love to run a terpene analysis on a properly grown and cured sample of her. I don't think I'd be violating the MNS TOU if I offered to provide a clone of my AB F2 keeper to someone here who can do it justice in flower, in which case I'd be happy to arrange for lab analysis of the finished product. PM me if there are any takers who live in Massachusetts or a legal state and can do so without violating the MNS TOU. :)

This is why I select for piney aromas along with long flowering times among the plants I grow. The best bags of Colombian and Mexican sativas I stuck my nose in back during the 70s always had a wonderful piney, earthy aroma. I want to recreate that. I want to build my own haze. I want to find my own church. It's a purposeful and righteous endeavor.

Last edited:

MImedpatient

Piff s2 has musty and kinda spicey like Indian. Feels thick in the air after stem rub. This first week the smell smacked me in face when opening tent. S2 is having a little leaf down cuppage from dry top air level. I ordered an ultrasonic ceramic fogger instead of this cheap baby humidifier.
Mycerene 50%
3. 10% ocimene .
View attachment 51100View attachment 51101View attachment 51102
?
so, what does your nose and tongue tell you that profile tastes and smells like?

piffcat

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the closer you can breed a cannabis plant's terpene profile to that of frankincense the closer you'll get to church. Note from above that the Cuban Black Haze has the highest α-Pinene concentration, then looky here:

View attachment 51128

The β-Myrcene in the three terpene analyses is the overwhelmingly predominant constituent, as it is in most cannabis. β-Myrcene is a minor constituent in frankincense, ranking thirteenth behind α- and β-Pinene, α- and β-Amyrin, D-Limonene, Camphene, Caryophyllene, and others. Here's part of the table I made from the composite Omani frankincense terpene sample analysis I found on the web:

View attachment 51129

I'd love to smoke actual piff, if it exists. Cocktail Frank at ICM has a thread about his favorite weed, a mango haze cut from one of Shanti's first batches of mango haze. He says he bought piff in Washington Heights back in the day and his mango haze is a dead ringer. I suspect the original piff that everyone raves about was an Nl5Haze A or Nl5Haze C, or maybe an early Neville's Haze F1. My Angel's Breathe F2 keeper was made from a really nice mango-haze-leaning mom and I think it is definitely incensey, churchy smoke, but I've never had the piff for comparison. I'd love to run a terpene analysis on a properly grown and cured sample of her. I don't think I'd be violating the MNS TOU if I offered to provide a clone of my AB F2 keeper to someone here who can do it justice in flower, in which case I'd be happy to arrange for lab analysis of the finished product. PM me if there are any takers who live in Massachusetts or a legal state and can do so without violating the MNS TOU. :)

This is why I select for piney aromas along with long flowering times among the plants I grow. The best bags of Colombian and Mexican sativas I stuck my nose in back during the 70s always had a wonderful piney, earthy aroma. I want to recreate that. I want to build my own haze. I want to find my own church. It's a purposeful and righteous endeavor.
Ah good look thanks for posting that I tried linking to your old post I've read it before. I believe that these old lines with rare terpenes could be combos of nld and older multi purpose hemp strains. In spanish influenced colony's we know they were growing a shit load of hemp for sails and these lines probably came from north india/Himalayas. So these great colombian strains could be tropically acclimated multi purposeand artificially selected for high thc. We know thai ganja seeds were brought and acclimated to colombia in 60s 70s. And Mexico has had nld lines even longer. Combinations and crossovers for all these factors and inputs somehow spit out haze. I also wonder about the loss of genetic material due to only selecting firm males and females. Self resilience thru intersex must be looked at as a positive trait to the plant but to the producers of resin and sensimilla this is a bad plant immediately. You could even split them off into another line

What got me thinking about this was two things. First nevil described one of original haze plants as rope. Very flexible arms long flowering. And second I helped process a bunch of hemp and kept smelling church!

piffcat

Some new pics today think were closing in on 4 weeks down. Piff s2 continues to be chunky tons of bud sites a nice bush. Next time grow it without topping will give a better representation of this girl but the musky Indian smells continue.
The pity city is also blazing in a completely different way. It just smells serious when ya bump it. Always heard people describe lysergenic smells as powerful but first time in seeing for myself. If ya bump her it sets off a tidal wave of astringent scents . Along with her stretch comes a def sensitivity to spectrum and leaf temp transpiration. Kinda going along with the whole fenotrigo this lady wants to be far away from the light with high humidity. I noticed the latest pistils were actually on lowest branches so I jacked light all the way up. It's only 300 watts so really dont want to dim. But seems to me these super vigorous 5x stretch ladies with spongy sticky buds like high feed but lower transpiration rates. The rh and vpd become like a permission slip fornplant to raise temp or par. Humidity slips too low or light increases leaf transpiration and boom you've got runners the bad kind of foxtail.
Screenshot_20210507-155140_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210507-155207_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210507-155241_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210507-155126_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20210507-155113_Gallery.jpg