Ortega run

Pantagruelion

Germinated on October 22nd. 70% germination. 7 of 10. Within 5 days. Aquired at Seattle med cup this year. Stored at 4degrees Celsius. Nice fat leaved squat little Indicas. I'm stoked.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    783.4 KB · Views: 81
Hi Panta,
looking great uniformed and healthy :)

If you cover the top of the rockwool with some plastic it will prevent algae growth :)

I agree with pcragz,

last thing you want is that green algae gunk building up on your roots, what do you intend to transplant them into or are you keeping then on the flood table, if so i would cover the table with some light proof sheeting and cut out squares for the rock wool or completely cover with clay pebble's or gravel

Have they showed any pre flowers yet i had 5 Medicine man show pre flowers after 4 weeks veg saved me the hassle of finding the males when i switched to 12/12

Keep us posted

Yes yes

I've got the covers they will go on today. I'm lazy, you caught me. I know better. I usually let em roll in the 4" blocks until they are a foot or two tall. Then into 1 gallon or even straight to 3 gallon for flowering. Usually Indicas preflower before I technically make the switch. Kinda helpful that way. Cut the population down to a manageable size. I just use cubes and loose absorbent rockwool. I flood the trays in veg and then go to drip in flower. Keeps the humidity down when it's crucial. I use PBP from Botanicare. Its organic except for the iron which cant be certified. Right out of the jug with water it's around 5.7-5.8 pH. Right where I wanna be. Here's my seed packet for provenance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    537.8 KB · Views: 38
Hey! Love everything about the plant structure on those babies! Love the indicas. Now that I've seen Oretgas 'baby pictures', know what I'm getting next time I need seeds! :) :) :)

Chubby little babies

These little fat bastards couldnt hide their Afghani Indica heritage. I'm a happy camper as that's exactly why I chose to purchase them. Nice work Shantibaba.

Lovely work, subbed for the duration.

Been thinking of doing an Affie myself, if I can just get away from this sativa madness for a moment.

What are the genetics on Ortega? I had one in mind to order, won't say which one, from another seed bank, but the genetics on that are, Afghani x NL F1 hybrid. Someone told that sounded like Ortega, so when I saw the seedling pics, I noticed they do look alike. I've already decided to go with Ortega instead, mainly because of the reputation on MN seeds, but still curious as Afgahni & Nl are 2 of my all time favs. Goes without saying, I'm an indica freak! :) :) :)

What are the genetics on Ortega?

It is Northern Lights #1 crossed with Northern Lights #5. I have grown this plant for the last 2 years straight due to it's fantastic smell and effect plus it produces well. Selection is key with this strain. The phenotype I have smells like cat piss mixed with body odor. Really raunchy stuff but the effect is narcotic. It is truly the best indica I have grown, and I have grown a lot of it.

Last edited:
Gonna rock another two weeks of veg

12/12 in about 2 weeks for these broadleaved bad motor scooters. I figure they will be about 2 feet tall and at least as wide by then. Perfect to flower then. Already spotted a couple male preflowers on a couple. I'm sure they will all be sexed by the time they flip. Of course I'll have to hit a bunch of my other strains with a little of this old school NL pollen. Oh yeah.

If you like using grodan take a peak at cube caps.

Do you find you get a lack of taste with dan over soil?

Offsite

I'm outa town right now but the reports are positive. Ortegas are ready to flower and will when I return. They will go into 3 gallons of Grodan absorbent granular media in white square Italian rose pots.

I am a Grodan devotee for my indoor. I am aware of the Cube Cap product. Basically it's a reusable hard plastic block cover with air vents and feed intake ports. Nice product, too pricey for me and my application. I flood my tables when I am using blocks during veg so have no need of the top feed feature of that product.

Rock wool versus soil less? There are differences. Rock wool is one of the few flushable mediums available. How is it possible to flush a soilless mix that is composed of chunks of kelp, rock phosphate and gypsum mixed with perlite and coir or moss? You can't. The media is the nutrient. Unless the mix is precise lockout will occur. My average lifecyle indoors isn't long enough to properly compost the media. If I wanted to do soilless I'd first grow clover and alfalfa in the buckets. Then I would compost the whole thing and then grow herb with it.

My buddy grows the same strains in soilless. Mostly Roots Organic products. His Chocolope has a nice eucalyptus note to it. Same cut as mine. His has a nice taste at first but it goes metallic quickly and finishes bad. Mine smokes nicer, smoother and finishes tasty. First hit isn't far from the last hit in flavor. I believe this is due to the amount of stored food in the cell walls. Stored food isn't psychoactive it just weighs more and tastes bad. I prefer to not have my herbs flavor "enhanced" with sweeteners. It makes for a generic flavor that I view as bad. Genetic selection is my chosen method of flavor enhancement.

Ready to go

The Ortegas are as wide as they are tall. Just the way I like my Indicas.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    858.5 KB · Views: 72
Slacky lackey

The douche of an excuse for a human that I hired to watch my shit while I was away neglected to raise the lights and a couple of my Ortegas got light burned a little. Some people should have been blow jobs....

Back