Ortega run

The douche of an excuse for a human that I hired to watch my shit while I was away neglected to raise the lights and a couple of my Ortegas got light burned a little. Some people should have been blow jobs....

That's too bad. Just proves that no one will tend to your ladies like you. Good things are just down the road for you here.....this is one strain I have always wanted in my portfolio. Ahhhhh, someday.
Look forward to watching this :D

Sexed

7 of 10 germinated. 2 of 7 have shown pistils. 4 have staminate flowers and 1 is unsexed. Probably a female. Hopefully. Will start flowering in a couple days.

Started 12/12 light cycle on 12/11/13

Just two out of seven are females. Surely those three beans that didn't germinate were females! Of course I'll never know.

Really curious how these will turn out. My buddy wants me to germ some Ortegas for him. Maybe we can meet up and trade phenos some day.

Hurrah

I now have three female Ortegas. I discovered the third one while checking on males. I thought this one might be male because its preflowers were still undifferentiated. That makes three out of the seven that germinated. I'm sure they will be Nice.

Probably Turn Out Like These I Grew ( Indoor/Outdoor) A Couple Of Years Ago. Twice As Fat As Sensi's Version;)
JKP:)

Attachments

• Ortega Phenos- New Image 2013.jpg
    Ortega Phenos- New Image 2013.jpg
    916 KB · Views: 180
  • MNS Ortega- Outdoor.jpg
    MNS Ortega- Outdoor.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 122
  • New_Dripper_System-_Ortega-Garland_Tray.jpg
    New_Dripper_System-_Ortega-Garland_Tray.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 121
  • Pedigree MNS Ortega-2010.jpg
    Pedigree MNS Ortega-2010.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 107
Don't get me started on Senseless Seeds.

I bet if the Dronkers hired a chicken to do their selection they would have better products. Kinda like at the carnival. You make a grid on the ground and number each square. Each number would correspond to a male or female prospective parental. Next step would be to release the Sacred Fowl. Maybe throw in a little scratch for the Divine Bird. In a few minutes the bird will poop. Whatever square receives the Mandate of Heaven (is pooped on from above) shall be the chosen parent. Can't produce worse results than plain old bad selection. We all know how great they used to be and got the cuts to prove it. Anyway, all hail MNS or something to that effect. Nice looking Ortegas Krusty, er JKP. I wonder if Shanti uses the same parentals every time he makes Ortega. It would be sweet if he had a breeding geek description on every strain. Chocked full of salacious details.

Probably Turn Out Like These I Grew ( Indoor/Outdoor) A Couple Of Years Ago. Twice As Fat As Sensi's Version;)

-- Really beautiful plants, but that big handsome Rot gets 'best in show'! Rots rule supreme, big lovin' huggin' teddy bears! I'll always miss my Sadie. She was so very special. :( Give the big guy a hug from me. Wish I could do that myself! :) :) :)

Buddy Bigfoot - MNS Apprentice For Six Years !

Thank You:)
Without Buddy I Doubt Growing In Suburbia Would Have Been Much Harder. Buddy's Eight Now But Always Enjoys Growing Mr Nice :D

Attachments

• BuddyGrowz-2008.jpg
    BuddyGrowz-2008.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 69
  • ActuallyCloningInsideBuddysBrain.jpg
    ActuallyCloningInsideBuddysBrain.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 75
  • Critical_Mass_-MNS_Outdoor_2010-_April3-2010.jpg
    Critical_Mass_-MNS_Outdoor_2010-_April3-2010.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 42
Your babies look so nice & healthy, plants have healthy color & Buddy nice & shinny! Dogs are in optimum health when their coats gleam like that! Even your deck is well groomed! :) :) :)

Nothing worth photographing

In a couple weeks the Ortegas should be photo ready. Right now it's kinda ho hum. Bring on the buds!

Pollinated an Ortega.

Pollinated one of the Ortegas with some Cambodian #2 pollen today. Who knows what will happen. Could be good, should be interesting at least.

plants are looking happy mate :)

I've got 6 a few weeks behind you , been a little curious on this strain for a lot of years as the most amazing plant I've seen ever was an Ortega grown by highgrade I swear it was a jaw dropper ,, good luck .

Pollinated one of the Ortegas with some Cambodian #2 pollen today. Who knows what will happen. Could be good, should be interesting at least.
If that Cambodian is really up and has a good flavor you should be a happy camper.
Try a really stinky Ortega Male across the best Cambodian Female,
Ortega should shorten flower time and improve the Cambodian plant structure.
Ive used an Ortega male a few times now and have yet to have a complaint about the resulting hybrid. Its all good.

peace
ax

Ortegas are done

Pretty much done at close to six weeks. Just watch the breeder said. That's a first. All three are similar. Chunky dense nuggets of Indica goodness. I'll let them go a little longer for good measure. The Cambodian cross seeds are developing nicely. Gonna use the Ortega male on the select Sativa females and probably everything else I have. Why not. I have room in the fridge, if I drink a little beer out of the way.

... It would be sweet if he had a breeding geek description on every strain. Chocked full of salacious details.

I was just reading back over the thread and I resonate with your idea in post #30 on page 3 of this thread.

Cool thread overall thank you for sharing your experience with Ortega. Weird question but how's the flower to leaf ratio (you know how some plants are more of a dream to trim and others more of a nightmare)?

Definitely looking forward to hearing how your Ortega smokes.

I've never heard much about Cambodian strains. After looking at the map and seeing that its between Thailand and Vietnam I would expect it to be Sativa leaning with a racy high. Any info you'd care to share about the Cambodian you use?

Back