Ortega: Indoor Grow Journal

Scrog

Ortega Update

Here was my favorite plant at week 4. Both pics are the same plant.

Hope you like her too.

Scrog

Comparison

Another Ortega vs La Niña comparison.

Keep in mind the La Niña is had no veg and was 2 weeks behind the Ortega.

mtman

Hey brother they both look healthy as can be. Looks good. They look opposite of what I thought they'd look. Thanks for the pics Scrog.

Scrog

Ortega

Well. Gonna try to post another update. I'm blazed to the bone and in a zone. I edited these pictures as well tonight so if they crazy or dumb, I've got an excuse. This and the next pics are week 6 of flowering.

Oh yeah, that monster in the corner is the baby La Niña that's tagging along in this thread.

Last edited:

jondojoando

i wanna read the last page!

FREAKIN AWESOME work, bud!! i was 80% sure they were my next pick, but now i'm SOLD,SOLD, SOLD!! hell, i feel like ordering them today! thanks for the work, scrog; it's a blessing and a half.. cheers! j j

p.s. like said before, u got crazy thread-styles ! much respect.

Professor77

Hi All,

Great thread here - props.

I have the Ortega Madness:

symptoms= shaking hands, sweaty palms, increased heartrate, rereading Ortega threads and a burnt & melted creditcard from ordering so many packs of Ortega even though I have 5 MNS varieties I have not run yet in the fridge. I wonder if other MNSers have Ortega OCD? Am I alone in this obsession? It seems to be getting worse as I now am fantasizing about SSH and NL5xAf...Please please Mr Postman bring me some seeds!

You Grateful Gardener, P77 :D

Hi All,

Great thread here - props.

I have the Ortega Madness:

symptoms= shaking hands, sweaty palms, increased heartrate, rereading Ortega threads and a burnt & melted creditcard from ordering so many packs of Ortega even though I have 5 MNS varieties I have not run yet in the fridge. I wonder if other MNSers have Ortega OCD? Am I alone in this obsession? It seems to be getting worse as I now am fantasizing about SSH and NL5xAf...Please please Mr Postman bring me some seeds!

You Grateful Gardener, P77 :D
Khun ba mak ;)in a Mr.Nice way...

Last edited:

Scrog

Thanks for the input bucketbong! Sounds like you have a lot of experience with these plants.

Scrog

Ortega vs La Niña

I'm going to keep this comparison going. This is a picture of Ortega pheno#3 (which turn out to be my favorite). Next to it is a picture of the same plant next the "baby" La Niña that's tagging along. It's amazing to think that this LN is 2 weeks behind in flowering and received no vegetation stage, yet it is already 3X taller than the Ortega.

Scrog

Mortega

Last one for week 7. Hope I'm not posting too many pics. Let me know if it gets to be too much.

pepel29

Hi Scrog.
Great tread bro.Good work. Your plants look beautiful and healthy .
I want to wish you all the best and keep growing and sharing your work .
Good luck and happy harvest .;)

Morphote

Ortega O-dear!

Geeze they are Northern Lights looking plants now Scroggy. Those triangular , almost long pyramid shaped type buds remind me of so many NL plants Ive seen. I actually made some NL seeds in 1994. First indoor seeds I ever made . I selected three males and open pollinated 3 females. This was from BCSC stock that supposedly derived from Nevs actual NL5 clone. I must have grown out a thousand of them over a 5 year period. So many of them had that triangular looking main cola . The clone we selected from a later( 1996 i think) purchase of BCSC Northern Lights looks so much like those last two photos . The smell of the one we kept is hard to describe . A herbal stink with just a slight edge of citrus. Compared to my 2002 THSeeds HeavyDuty Fruity cutting the Northern Lights STINKS! When I grew out all the f2 seed I used to get this pheno that was a one in 25 plant. Taller with longer internodes than most of her siblings , this girl was incredible pot. She had a very,very blue colour,even the buds were a blue but were absolutely covered in resin. The taste and aroma were like the tastiest tropical fruit. Much appreciated Scroggy.
Dats what I needed 2 hear!;)

I've got a seedling that WREAKS!

Str8up Sour Diesel.:cool:

Scrog

Ortega: Finale

Ok here's the pictorial wrap up to what was a very pleasant grow. I wasn't able to spend as much time catering to them this time around and I think they still turned out alright. Wish I could have done some higher quality photos for the end but you'll just have to live with the $100 camera photos.

Here was my only 8 week plant.