Opening up The Doors

Wow they look nice. Love the corkscrew look. Hope mine come out like this.
I'm so glad to have some of these started now.
I've put them in Auto pots to fend for themselves for 2 weeks. I bought this auto pot system especially for this previously and it worked well over 2 weeks never missed a beat.
20191009_180901.jpg

20191009_181401.jpg

I have 2 Ortega here and 5 Doors on the right. And 1 space for a seed start I'll
Put in before I leave for Thailand.
Left in a nice organic soil mix , spagnum peat moss, perlite and coco chunks at the bottom layer. The kitchen wipes over the top keep the top soil from drying to quick and keeps out any fungus knats.
I'll post the after photos when I get back then if they are well, transplant switch to flower and start another doors thread. Maybe just do all the photos at the end.
But for now just Enjoying and learning from your work on The Doors Marcus.
Nice Job. Beautiful.
Kup Khun Mar Kup, 'The Doors' Suai Mak Loei
Jing Jing.
Thailand awaits!
A21

Last edited:
Male smoke test

Looking good, andy21. I'll be excited to see what you get from The Doors. Sure looks like an excellent strain to me.

Quick post to document a test smoke on D4, the male plant. His flowers have dried up after yielding a decent amount of pollen and I was cleaning up when it occurred to me to try a quick smoke test. My expectations were low because I've rarely found males that gave a good buzz, and because this male didn't have too many trichomes on the flowers and stems, although there are a lot of smaller ones on the sugar leaves. So I took three small puffs through a pinch hitter. First smoke of the day.

Wow. My expectations have been significantly exceeded. Really nice buzz...euphoric, energizing, functional and still going strong over two hours later. I've read that The Doors has consistent high potency across all phenotypes, so I was confident that the lone male would be pretty good in the potency department. This test smoke confirms that.

Didin't read...

Hey y'all,

I admit I didn't read the thread. I may have replied to it earlier, but don't remember...

Just wanted to say you'll be happy with this strain. I have enjoyed many MnS varieties, but the Doors by far. Is one of my favorite...If not my favorite. I can't wait to try another I have. When I do that one I will hoping post my first grow log, but til then. Enjoy...

I had three phenos. They were all quite strong, and fair taste. The taste was more old school herb. Wasn't the best, but not the worst. It was pleasant, but what was awesome about this strain. Potency was off the chain IMO. All were strong, but one stood out above the rest. It had the strength of that strain you'd want to pull out. When you have someone say...Oh Yeah there is nothing I can't toke that'll put me under the table. She is seductive, and like the little 90lb 5foot tall soaking wet girl that out drinks a 6' 5" tall brute of a guy weighing 300+lbs. There is definitely strength to be found in her.

Either way you will enjoy I feel. Have a blessed day...Ns

Just wanted to say you'll be happy with this strain. I have enjoyed many MnS varieties, but the Doors by far. Is one of my favorite...If not my favorite. I can't wait to try another I have. When I do that one I will hoping post my first grow log, but til then. Enjoy...

I had three phenos. They were all quite strong, and fair taste. The taste was more old school herb. Wasn't the best, but not the worst. It was pleasant, but what was awesome about this strain. Potency was off the chain IMO. All were strong, but one stood out above the rest. It had the strength of that strain you'd want to pull out. When you have someone say...Oh Yeah there is nothing I can't toke that'll put me under the table. She is seductive, and like the little 90lb 5foot tall soaking wet girl that out drinks a 6' 5" tall brute of a guy weighing 300+lbs. There is definitely strength to be found in her.

Hey noshow, thanks for the post. How long did that special Doors girl of yours take to finish? I've read other comments from you and several others about the high overall potency of The Doors, about the extreme potency and quality of effect to be found in some phenos. I hope to find at least one such pheno out of seven girls, and my prediction is it will be either D3 or D5.

Fish, PMB, OGL1, thanks for the props! This is a really fun strain to explore and I'm going to have lots of F2s and a couple Doors x punto rojo crosses to play with.

The plants are all doing well. Lots of F2 seed in the seed plants. I have to stake up a couple of the floppier girls in the tent as the colas swell. Resin is impressive across all plants while the smells are becoming less distinct, more uniform, harder to identify, and more nondescript. Aromas have changed a lot over the course of this grow.

I'll post some more pics at 8 weeks.

Today I chopped the two earliest seed plants of The Doors. D2 and D6 were both showing a fair amount of amber trichomes (~20%) and the F2 seeds appear to be fully mature.

D2 and D6 seed plants at harvest
D2_and_D6_seed_plants_at_harvest.jpg

D2 cola at harvest
D2_seed_plant_cola_at_harvest.jpg

D6 cola at harvest
D6_seed_plant_cola_at_harvest.jpg

Way back when the first true leaves showed, D2 and D6 showed the widest leaves and I predicted that they would be the first to finish, and be the strongest Indica leaners of the lot. Turns out I was right about the correlation of wide first (and early veg) leaves with faster flowering and Indica-leaning structure. I think this partially justifies my selection approach, that many disagree with, of using leaf morphology as selection criteria if I want to grow sativa-leaning plants from haze hybrids. Let's see how these two smoke compared to the others, but I'm going to predict that D2 and D6 have a stonier high than the others.

The difference between the fully seeded seeded outdoor/indoor plants and the seedless clones in the tent is remarkable. The seeded plants have much leafier buds, less resin density, lower aroma levels and mature faster than their indoor sinsemilla clones. The D2 and D6 clones in the tent probably need another two weeks to finish (at ~10 weeks).

Hi, you re not alone. Iam choosing for the plant early structure and leafs too.

D6 is my fav from the looks.
Wish you nice plants from those seeds man. And post some seeds fotos later please :)

~ 8 weeks

Hey, Musashi, I'm almost as psyched for your next grow as you are! Best of luck, brother, I know you'e going to find good things.

P3Ci, thanks; I'll upload some seed pics when I have harvested and cleaned the seeds. Maybe some hash pics also!

Herewith are some photos I took of The Doors ladies in the tent after 8 weeks of flowering. I think the 10/14 light cycle is giving them a little nudge. Looks like D2 and D6 are going to be 10-week plants, D3 and D5 are going to be 14-16 week plants, and the others will be somewhere in between. I'm going to hit the long-flowering girls with a little punto rojo pollen to push this line further in the sativa/haze direction, while introducing vigor and more alleles into the genetic mix. I'll have to pollinate soon if I want to give the seeds 4+ weeks to ripen. No time to describe aromas in detail, but the plants are becoming more uniform in aroma, with predominant hazy lime, pine and astringent odors.

The Doors #1

D1_F56.jpg

D1_cola_F56.jpg

The Doors #2

D2_F56.jpg

D2_cola_F56.jpg

The Doors #3

D3_F56.jpg

D3_cola_F56.jpg

The Doors #5

D5_F56.jpg

D5_cola_F56.jpg

The Doors #6

D6_F561.jpg

D6_cola_F561.jpg

The Doors #7

D7_F56.jpg

D7_cola_F56.jpg

The Doors #10

D10_F56.jpg

D10_cola_F56.jpg

Last edited:
That 10/14 is doing magic bruv.. love it.. Some of the best pics of the line.. I hope I can afford to put the doors in the order.. The Red door sounds good ;) rojo door

Stunning work Marcus
#6 & #7 look absolute beauties, eagerly anticipating the smoke report.

"the doors" sales will now take of in 3 2 1................

Awesome stuff Marcus. I been following from Thailand. Excited to get back and see how mine have fended for themselves in the auto pots......
20191026_165706.jpg

Here they are. No training but have done great and seem to love the auto pots.
I thing I'll keep then running in bigger autos for the whole grow. Wide leaves for 75% haze. But I've read that when you flower the whole look can change?
They just been left on 16/8 Last 2 weeks. I think I'll flower on 12/12 start then go 13/11 Then last 4 weeks 14/10 .
Going to give these a good feed now. Top them switch to 12/12 , repot and let em do there own thing.
I'll be looking at keeping a father to make f2s and cross with Ortega.
That should make interesting cross with the Nl5 / Nl1 x Haze AC all in the mix.
Not sure about the percentages of Nl5, Nl1 ,Haze A, Haze C would be on that cross, my brain is frzeked from Thailand.
Anyhow great work Marcus

Last edited:
Hey Andy, I like the looks of that plant in the upper right hand corner of your photo. I'm pretty confident you'll find some great smoke.

I returned from a few days away at a family event to find the apical portion of the D1 bud had turned brown and dried out in the tent. I found and excised a little bud rot, surprisingly, on one of the more sparsely budded plants. Looks like it was in a dead air zone so I readjusted the fans and moved on. I saw it as an opportunity to do an early test smoke of the apical bud that was dried out, but not moldy. So I fired up the pinch hitter and tried three puffs. After a minute or two I confirmed what I had read about the potency of The Doors. Holy shit, that's some powerful weed. Like, as in, I zoned out almost uncontrollably a couple times. Intense high. Then after a half hour or so it settled into a nice, clean, heady, functional sativa high that lasted for a few hours and faded away with no crash-and-burn. Really nice, and it was a very early, yet very frosty, sample. Definitely one-hit weed, and more potent than anything else from MNS that I've grown so far.

After a minute or two I confirmed what I had read about the potency of The Doors. Holy shit, that's some powerful weed. Like, as in, I zoned out almost uncontrollably a couple times. Intense high. Then after a half hour or so it settled into a nice, clean, heady, functional sativa high that lasted for a few hours and faded away with no crash-and-burn. Really nice, and it was a very early, yet very frosty, sample. Definitely one-hit weed, and more potent than anything else from MNS that I've grown so far.

:D Wow - unanimously thedoors is the GOAT

Scrubdog never returned to the forum after growing the doors like many others... mysterious strain

:D Wow - unanimously thedoors is the GOAT

Scrubdog never returned to the forum after growing the doors like many others... mysterious strain

I read one of his last posts here which led me to believe someone very close to him, who he was growing for, had passed. I hope he's OK. Solid dude.

BTW, congrats on finding that those old Nev's F1s. Gold, I tell ya, solid gold! I hope you grow them out and show us some pics, even share a cut or two.

Great work on The Doors Marcus.
Good journal. Nice to hear the early smoke report. Looking forward to hearing how it go's cured.
I'll be doing a pictorial journal of my grow soon.

If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is: Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.

Hi Marcus, your smoke report sounds like what we all want..:D, thankyou for your detailed journal,

Best of luck , i will be watching the rest of your progress ;)closely
O

Well done.. no colour... strange. Ones I've grown been strong purple plants, hint skunk and crashburn end. Nice smoke doors..medicine man and grail widow for me have had the strongest plants, from mns..

Very well done, nice healthy and happy looking plants. If i can give you 1 tip: dont put to many plants in the room so the plant can develop larger branches. This way you can reduce the number of plants and boost your yield.
No critique intended, just advising.
Lovely work, much respect!

Back