Onius Gear: Black Bubble (Black Widow x Bubblegum) by: Onius

OniusOniusOnius

Black Bubble
(Black Widow x Bubblegum)
Onius Gear

Here meet two heavyweights of the cannabis world. Black Widow is a thunderous strain from Mr. Nice and Bubblegum is known around the world as a predictable breeder, maker of dense nuggets of joy, and producing the sweetest bubblegum/cotton candy flavors.

So far this one is going really well. The structure is so squat and square I'm almost shocked. But I guess I shouldn't be considering I'm using a Bubblegum male. Bubblegum is known to have several homozygous dominant genes. If it is homozygous for the traits of squat and square and those traits are dominant then ALL of the F1's will share these traits.

Breeding homozygous dominate traits goes something like this:

Dominate Trait: Symmetrical square shape = S
Recessive Trait: Non-symmetrical non-square growth= s
Dominate Trait: Squat Growth = Q
Recessive Trait: Non-squat growth = q

BubbleGum = SSQQ
Black Widow= ssqq (example)

____ SQ _ _ _ _SQ

sq _ SsQq ___ SsQq

sq _ SsQq ___ SsQq

As you can see, all of the next generation will physically show squat, symmetrical-square growth even if the other plant doesn't have that gene at all. The F2 would show many different phenos though.

Here's the little one:
IMG_1213 (Copy).JPG IMG_1215 (Copy).JPG IMG_1218 (Copy).JPG

3/14
IMG_1537 (Copy).JPG IMG_1683 (Copy).JPG IMG_1684 (Copy).JPG IMG_1685 (Copy).JPG

Thanks for checking the project out, and let's look forward to some fun!

Bloody hell i'm beginning to feel like a stalker lol, you've got too many threads ;)

Now, that is a cross i like the sound of. Used to know a guy who grew bubblegum constantly and it was a lovely smoke. Taste and smell were delicious. Black widow? Well it's widow, nuff said!

Tried to get my head round your equation's but you know what it looked like? To my stoned (very) eyes it looked like you'd lent on your keyboard haha!

Great stuff OOO, thanks for taking the time and effort to share the different strains you've got going. I was going to comment on your angel heart thread as i've just noticed that, but i'll give you the thumbs up here for now ;) Skunkdoc sure did a mighty fine job with that, peaked my interest so much i went bidding on them. I won, but it was angel breath not heart that i'd bid on, doh!

Enjoy

Fijian

Bloody hell i'm beginning to feel like a stalker lol, you've got too many threads ;)

Now, that is a cross i like the sound of...

I won, but it was angel breath not heart that i'd bid on, doh!

Feel free to roam my threads anytime :) I only do one or two plants of each type so the grows can't show every phenotype for a strain, but I try to juice as much info out of each plant as I can.

This cross sounds great on paper. We'll have to see if the mother and father are compatible, but so far, so good.

Don't be so down about getting those Angel's Breath man. That's the strain I was going to go with before deciding I had gathered too many stretchy strains already. So I went with the tamer one.

So far so great!

Black Bubble
Day 27 since germ

IMG_1710 (Copy).JPG IMG_1714 (Copy).JPG IMG_1711 (Copy).JPG

This plant had PERFECT structure. Well-spaced but tight. Lower branches almost reach top of plant making for an almost perfect square shaped bush. A week or so has gone by since I took these pictures and I'm thinking it's time for a transplant, but there's no room in veg yet so it'll be on hold for a week.

Looking good OOO, i'm really feeling the growth structure vibes because i have a plant going atm that is growing that way! Lower branches are all at the top of the canopy giving it a beautiful look. My first time seeing a plant grow this way and i like it, real tight and real even.
And now i have yours to view :)

Keep up the good work

Fijian

Looking good OOO, i'm really feeling the growth structure vibes because i have a plant going atm that is growing that way! Lower branches are all at the top of the canopy giving it a beautiful look. My first time seeing a plant grow this way and i like it, real tight and real even.
And now i have yours to view :)

Keep up the good work

Fijian

Looks like most of the Bubblegum male's traits are dominant and common. Both of my BananaGum seeds are even more square and squat than this one :) The Chocolope x Bubblegum (Melon Ball) has some stretch but still super symmetrical with tough dark green leaves.

Transplanted this Black Bubble into a 2 gallon container a few days back. When it shows sex I'll get some pics up :)

Back