Nordle in 2021

f.r.

Hi there,

First strain from the Mr. Nice vault, very happy with the Nordle. Plants were fairly consistant, but still distinctive in that you could really tell pretty early whether they elaned skunk or afghani in my opinon . Quite a few phenoes had very large buds, quite a few different smells too one had an onion garlicy smell while others had quite a lot of fruityness. The pheno I landed on to run again was a very pungent funky synthetic fruit smell.

Sorry I didn't document that grow very well so no photos

But fast forward to today and I have 8 x the same pheno in a 1.8m wide, 1m deep, 2.4m tall area. Currently under 600w MH as well as led board dimmed right down just hitting plants off to the side. I will crank the led up to its max 370w along side 600w hps in this space for flowering.

I believe this pheno leans more towards the afghani side. Less stretch, likes to keep its apical dominance after topping etc. Has a heavy stone,and i'[m a sucker for the funky fruityness.

Testing out 70 / 30 mix of coco and coco husks this time, just set up new irrigation which are the netafim netbows. I plan to take advantage of them and try to get small consistant feeds throughout the flower cycle hitting run off towards the end of the light cycle. I also want to try hit night time dry downs as well. They were potted up just under a week ago roughly, and I have just cleaned them up a bit today why they are looking a bit bare.

Gonna veg them into this first scrog then flip them and add a second layer.

Also playing around with foliar fertilizing during veg, using a cal mag boron product really want to set the plants up for a nice flowering period.

20210321_080345.jpg

Looking good, some great phenos to be found in the Nordle!
Great you found something you really like.
Nordle Scrog grow sounds interesting, will be following along🙂
Happy growing
P.S Nordle is a great breeding tool😉👽

Hey mate,

Thanks for the kind words mate!

It's funny you should mention about breeding, it seems seeds are getting harder to get into Australia. So I am thinking of chucking a bit of pollen rather than breed anything properly.

I have g13/widow and afgh/skunk x mango haze seeds can't decide which to pop. But now that we are going into winter here in Aus I can put a male outside to collect some pollen.

Thanks mate!

So bit over a week on, things are running smoothly. Have been trimming and tucking a lot. Today I switched the light hours down to 12/12 so tomorrow they will have there first full dark period.

Will get the 2nd net in the next couple of days. I will also slowly ramp up my LED as well as switching over to HPS soon.

Temps are starting to really drop here in the southern half of Australia, hopefully I won't need the oil radiator that soon.

20210321_080345.jpg

I don't expect too much stretch from this pheno, Going to be trying out a new to me Australian nute brand for flowering as I have recieved a test set. Pretty basic a+b still gonna use fulvic and cut silica in the first few weeks of flower.

I also pulled the pin and decided to pop the 12 g13 x widow seeds I have, as well as taking some cuttings of these girls. Hopefully find a good male that leans to the black widow side.

Thanks mate!

So bit over a week on, things are running smoothly. Have been trimming and tucking a lot. Today I switched the light hours down to 12/12 so tomorrow they will have there first full dark period.

Will get the 2nd net in the next couple of days. I will also slowly ramp up my LED as well as switching over to HPS soon.

Temps are starting to really drop here in the southern half of Australia, hopefully I won't need the oil radiator that soon.

View attachment 50433

I don't expect too much stretch from this pheno, Going to be trying out a new to me Australian nute brand for flowering as I have recieved a test set. Pretty basic a+b still gonna use fulvic and cut silica in the first few weeks of flower.

I also pulled the pin and decided to pop the 12 g13 x widow seeds I have, as well as taking some cuttings of these girls. Hopefully find a good male that leans to the black widow side.
Hi,
Sounds pretty good mate.
Don't wait too long to switch to HPS... I used to stay in mh for the stretch period then switch to HPS and noticed the spectrum change could be a bit stressful for the plants if they have allready switched in bloom mode. Nordle is very indi Dom so they will switch fast.
Good luck for the flowering period but it looks like you know what you're doing.

Last edited:
Hey mate,

cheers for the reply, yeh I won't be keeping the MH long at all a day or two at most.

Cheers

Hey all,

Day 7 of 12/12, switched to HPS a while ago as well as added 2nd scrog screen. Although I think I may have been a bit hopeful not sure if this pheno will stretch enough hehe.

Switched to flowering nutes 1.6 ec, 6.0 PH. Decided not to mess around with multiple feeds etc this round, just doing big water once a day will move to twice a day when they are pumping. Prob gonna go with much smaller pots next run and mess around with generative style feeding in flower as it interests me.

Gave the ladies a big cleanup yesterday, will be the last time I touch them heavily but it was getting a bit too compacted in my opinion and I cleaned up a lot of lower stuff underneath the scrog. Nobody likes trimming fluffy stuff hehe.

20210321_080345.jpg

So I bit the bullet as well and popped 12 g13xwidow seeds, I had 11/12 germinate although one rotted away as I was taking cuttings as well and decided to put the seeds in the humidity dome as well that was a mistake;. So hopefully find a few nice females to run in that bunch.

Hi all,

So starting to get into the fun bits now day 25 of 12/12.

20210424_171144.jpg

Need to cleanup underneath the bottom scrog a bit more. Things are cruising a long so far.

The resin is starting to pack in as well hopefully should be getting a better phone soon with a bit better camera.

Here is a tester of the same pheno grown outdoors that is currently hanging up drying.

20210421_161140.jpg

It's got such a lovely funky berry smell, very stick buds smooth smoke. Lovely narcotic high, not necessarily the strongest, but due to it's high resin content i'm thinking it may have some cbd in there as well could this be possible? Regardless grown outdoors it didn't suffer some of the issues I had growing it the first time round indoors and it makes me even happier with my choice of keeping this pheno.

Hi all,

So starting to get into the fun bits now day 25 of 12/12.

View attachment 50910

Need to cleanup underneath the bottom scrog a bit more. Things are cruising a long so far.

The resin is starting to pack in as well hopefully should be getting a better phone soon with a bit better camera.

Here is a tester of the same pheno grown outdoors that is currently hanging up drying.

View attachment 50909

It's got such a lovely funky berry smell, very stick buds smooth smoke. Lovely narcotic high, not necessarily the strongest, but due to it's high resin content i'm thinking it may have some cbd in there as well could this be possible? Regardless grown outdoors it didn't suffer some of the issues I had growing it the first time round indoors and it makes me even happier with my choice of keeping this pheno.
beautiful! there could be cbd in there! there can be cbd in anything! even the most equatorial of sativa! relaxation can come as much or more from terpenes modulating the effects! if you wish to know its cannabinoid ratios I beleive testing in msot legal states is under 50 usd a sample!

Back