Nordle and G13xWidow Outdoor 2020

Rza

Hi Everyone,

Really like the updated forum software and wanted to make a thread to track my outdoor grow for 2020. Got these beans at the last second from a close friend, just in time to get them sprouted and outside with some time to grow. There are 20 currently outside in somewhat prepped holes. I've only lost one so far to an animal munching it down to a nub. Soil used was a mix of homemade compost, soil from a raised bed I've had for a few years, azomite, silica stone, leaf mold, some 10-10-10 fertilizer pellets, and gypsum. I've watered with some 18-18-21 two times.

This is the spot:
doggo_in_field.jpg

And this is one of the better looking ones from last week:
June 8.jpg

Things are looking good so far, they are all pretty well established and are growing at a decent rate. Weather isn't too bad, had a dry spell for a bit but not anything like drought. Still have a good amount of time to get some size.

As usual I trimmed the main apical meristem in an attempt to get more main tops. I didn't just clip the whole top and let the second set of branches take over as 2 main tops, I try to get it so that I take ~80% of the top meristem and hope for 3 or 4 tops to get equal and all become tops. Just wanted to say that these strains didn't take to that very well. For most of them all I did was end up stunting growth, the next set of branches didn't gain apical dominance and take over, the top apical meristem just pushed through the cut and continued to grow normally, although a little mutilated. Maybe I didn't cut low enough when I trimmed them, but it does seem that these strains in particular didn't like this style of trimming and just brushed it off and kept going with just a single main top. I took off a lot of the lower branches, up to the 4th node or so from the soil.

Will see how it all pans out, glad to get my hands dirty this year and put some effort into it. Last few years have been really low effort with results that were also mediocre.

Aloha Rza

Good to see you back on the boards again brah! Wishing you much success.

Shaka
Mu

Reactions: Rza
Looks great! Dirty hands just feel better. 2 things
1. The beans were Nordle and G13 Widow, not Nordle and ASH. Q⭐️ gets credit where it’s due. Big up.
2. That technique of lst is called “FIM” for a reason. I supercrop now instead. Looking forward to watch you out-perform me again. I take a bow, dear sir.

Thanks for stopping by dudes!

Good to see you moderating Musashi, I can't support that decision enough and Shanti picked a good one for the role 😁

OK the jig is up Shrimp&Grits is the guy who sent me the goods =D I couldn't remember what the other one was, glad you did, I corrected the thread title. Thanks again mate!

Season isn't over yet and you got a small fleet of plants out yourself Shrimp so we'll see who wins the coveted Grower of the Year award. I 100% mixed up which plant was which, hoping they are different enough that they can be sorted out after the cure.

That dog is definitely an outside dog and hiking to the spot is one of his favorite things in the world. It is in the boonies and not exactly an easy place to get to. Hill is northern facing, but everything else about it was perfect so I just went with it. The slope isn't too hard so shouldn't be too big of a deal, but not ideal I guess.

This is at roughly 39N Lat for anyone wondering.

Last edited:
Sup dudes,

Got a chance to check the spot today. The pheno's are different enough that you can tell the difference just from looking.

Pretty sure these are the Nordle with much wider/indica type leaves:
nordle_july11_2020.jpg

And pretty sure these are the G13xWidow that have thinner/sativa like leaves:
gi13_widow_july11_2020.jpg

Lost one to animals digging it up, have 19 unsexed plants out there. Pretty sure the largest is a male =( Most are roughly ~4ft, a few bigger and bushier, a few runts. Fed them with 18-18-21 liquid fertilizer again. Still have about month until they show sex for sure, need to stake some up next time back there. Weather is hot but wet so smooth sailing so far.

Took down the first male yesterday. The rest are looking roughly half female. None of them got too big, started kind of late and couldn't really feed them as much as I should. Still pretty happy so far, plants are healthy and should be ~10 females that get to harvest.

Here is the one that came down:

20200728_204819_m_size.jpg

(edit - I reuploaded a better pic) Sorry for the rough quality of the picture, anyone know what the max filesize is now? I kept having to reduce quality/size until it finally let me upload, but it looks like shit lol =D

Last edited:
Aloha brah,

Last one I uploaded was right around 1MB in jpg. Miss the dog, he's got an intelligent look about him- quite alert. Continued success braddah!

🤙
Mu

Thanks Musashi, I destroyed the image quality from resizing and recompressing it a few times to get it's size down. I just got a better version and re-uploaded it. You barely see the dog through the plant =D I'm pretty sure the one to the back left is female

Hello Rza,

I read somewhere on the site largest jpg. size is around 868KB. I try to keep my pics between 800-850KB and they load fine, When I try 900KB I get an error. This is on my desktop, your mileage may vary but it should be close. Some of the quality depends on resizing and compression software being used. Hope that helps!

Longball

I have kittens uploading pics. I have to go through the pics I want to post. Open each one and “edit” it. Only so I can turn it any way but right side up. If I rotate it all the way around it won’t “save“. So I turn it and save it. Then I have to open that same picture I just made sideways or upside down, “edit” it, so I can turn it the rest of the turns to get it back to normal and then “save” it. That re-re-saved picture is the one that I upload to the site (after I have to change the size) so it won’t show up sideways In the thread (or as an error).🤔
Your plants are awesome. 10 females. Nice

Took down 10 males about 2 weeks ago, still have 10 in the spot. Got a chance to go out there this morning. Here is one of bigger girls and made sure to get my dog in it. She's only about 5' or so, really tight internode spacing.

20200815_102139.jpg

Back