NL5xAfghan

I have not tried these outside yet. The taller of the two types of plants might do well. The shorter ones will bunch up to much,get no air circulation and mold.(at least where I live)

Here's a close look at one of the plant's resin.:) Harvest is near!
Plant #6 clone.(the colorful short one)
Peace and regards,
Charmilles

not sure if ive mentioned this or not , but im looking forward to an honest smoke report from you

im strongly considdering ordering this strain

peace :cool:

Thanks all, for your comments,encouragement and curiosity.
I'm hesitant to do too much of a smoke report in regards to effect.
I have a pretty high tolerance.
I smoke and eat quite a bit, most all the time when I'm not at work.
In the day I prefer a hybrid, leaning to sativa a little.
At night, before bed, that's when the Indica is best for me.
(I call this Indica,but it has 25% skunk,which also has at least 25% Indica in it. That brings the over all percent to about 82% Indica. If it worked like that.)
The catalog says,"The strength of combining different land races of Afghanistan into a plant leads to strong flavors and fruitiness fast flowering compact plants"
When I use it I feel the effects of the Indica side.
Living in the San Francisco area,there is a "pot shop" on every corner.
Some of the medicine they provide is top notch elite clone stuff.(Some provide good clones too,some with bugs also)
I know those types of genetics are impossible to duplicate on a consistent basis through regularly sexed seeds. So it's hard to compare this nl5af to them.
But I will try.
Now that the nl5xaf is cured properly it is very good.
When I open a jar I get a berry and mild juniper scent,with some underlying spices I can't identify. Deep an complex.
Smoking,the first thing I notice is the hashy taste. Like there is hash in the joint.
The next thing,as I hold my toke,I feel in between my ears ,a bit of tingly numbness as my lungs expand and I hold back from coughing. On exhale I feel it go down my spine and everywhere else from there. I have a light taste of berries in my mouth.
The high is quick and pleasant . As the high goes on it turns to a stone.
In a pleasant way. I just don't do anything once I start smoking this stuff. Watching a movie and eating is very good.(if I don't nod off)
Good body effect.
To give it a grade....
If the O.G.Kush(from real clones) I grew four years ago was a 5, this is a 4+, for effect.
The smell,after the cure,give it a 5 (nothing like it around here).
My yield was no better than my bubba kush or la confidential grows,but my light bulb was old and my nutes were weaker than they should have been.

This is just my experience. Yours will be different. Don't make a decision based only on my review,compare.

Thanks all for reading,
Regards and peace,
Charmilles

The batch I'm doing now is with the new light bulb,stronger nutes and the plants were topped twice each. I'll be comparing the yields,new to old.
If you are growing this strain,they love to eat! I'm giving the full recommended dilution rate. Normally it's half or a third.

charmilles thanx for sharing your experience on this strain . yours is a good and informative thread along with amazing pics. It is a toss up for me on what to run next NL5xAF or ORTEGA????????? again thnx 4 input n kool pics. enter in BOTM agian and u got my vote. peace

charmilles thanx for sharing your experience on this strain . yours is a good and informative thread along with amazing pics. It is a toss up for me on what to run next NL5xAF or ORTEGA????????? again thnx 4 input n kool pics. enter in BOTM agian and u got

Thanks Yesca73,
I wanted the Ortega but Attitude was out. So I tried the NL5Af.
I won BOTM in Jan and Shanti sent me some Ortega. I won't get to try them this summer outside. I'm going with NL5Haze and ak-47.
I grow inside in the cool months only. Can't even keep a mother alive all summer. Too f....n hot in my grow area.
If I never grew either of those two strains before,I think I would still want the Ortega first.
Best regards,
Charmilles

Thanks all, for your comments,encouragement and curiosity.
I'm hesitant to do too much of a smoke report in regards to effect.
I have a pretty high tolerance..SNIP

Thanks Charmilles for your report and holee sheet you got the camera skillz workin brother. I'm intrigued by some of the nuances in your smoke report ... but if I read the bottom line, you're saying that you have the opportunity to compare to some of the best cali weed available today and, while the NL/Af is not all that, it is top shelf for those looking for a strong, tasty indica plant. Hopefully I got that right ... but, my pack is already in the fridge, so I'm going to find out for myself in the near future either way.

nice contributions to the group, kudos to you.

Yes, Badrabbit,You seemed to understand what I was trying to say.
You won't be disappointed.

Thanks Farmergiles,here is another picture of this stain.
This is at 64 days.

This is Plant #2(the taller phenotype)

Thanks for looking and Regards,
Charmilles

Moving OUTDOORS

Hi All,
This is all I will have on my experience with this strain.
The four females I got from nine seeds,(all grew)was not a big enough sample.
The plants I got were all good and acceptable,but I think there are better examples waiting to be discovered.
Good-luck everyone
Regards and Peace,
Charmilles

Thanks to everyone who followed this thread and contributed (or not) to its success. :)

P.S. I've started my outside summer grow for 2012!
I have not posted anything yet.But I will in coming days.
It will include some" MNS NL5 x Haze".
I don't know if I should post by it's "STRAIN" or "OUTDOORS".
I think "OUTDOORS" would be good.:)

Last edited:
It's a shame that you didn't find some keepers charmilles but at least they were a good adventure for you. I must have got yours because i've smoked 3 of my girls and they are LETHAL. Instant eye-droop. In my top five for sure!

Thanks for the great thread and pictures. Good luck with your outdoor run.

Peace

Fijian

Hi Fijian and All,
I ran one more run. I got one pheno that looks a little like one of yours.
It was warmer in the tent and it looks quite different than the cool weather run did.
It's yield was better also!

It smokes better too!
Cheers,
Charmilles:)
Couple nanners,no complaints though.

Thanks For The Inspiration Charmilles...

I know this thread is about 3-4 years old but thanks for putting this journal together mate.

You’ve totally re-enforced my confidence in purchasing this strain. You’ve got me totally psyched up to get rocking and rolling.

Back