NL5XAFGHAN x NEVILLE'S HAZE

well i seem to have done pretty well before doing vertical.
if you want my opinion of how the math works out.
A 5x5 tent with 8 plants in it, 5 gallon buckets, about 1 ft diameter each.
so from the stem on one across to the stem on the plant on the opposite side is 4', some stuff could be closer, some stuff farther, but thats the average.
stuff might tend to favor the inside, closer to a 3' circle.
circumference of a 3' circle is ~ 9.5'
2-2.5' vertical footprint of usable light because the light doesnt have as much distance to spread as the plants are a little closer.
so its easy to see that you can get at least 18-19 sq ft of prime location, and maybe as much as 23.75 or so sq ft.

so if you remember, i like to use cool tubes. thats a lot of air flowing over the bulb.
havent noticed any problems.

with no reflector, the light is less intense.
less intense means you can have the plants closer than under a bulb with reflector.
closer means the light that is being produced by the bulb does not diminish as much as if it traveled farther. this is a big part of where the efficiency comes from in my opinion.
add in the cooltube and i can safely have the plants 15" from the fixture, 1.5 ft from center,(6" cooltube).

So day 38 12/12 today and i managed too get a few picture's. The stretching seems too have slowed right down, i think i will get away without doing any super cropping. If i run them again ill fower clones fairly small. Had too tie them up again yesterday as they were falling over on top of each other, the main smell i got from them is that piney sativa smell, reminds me of nl5xhaze. Ive been feeding once a week with a general all purpose organic feed, the seem to be ok with it so far.

Day65

So day 65 of 12/12 for these girls, ive been holding off updates due to not being able too upload pics. One of them, the one i mislabeled at the beginning, is ready too harvest. She looks exactly like the mother nl5xafghan, maybe a touch more resin but thats about it.

Number 2 looks fairly sativa but has a fair amount of indica influence in the buds. I reckon another week max will finish her off. Looks like it will be a nice yield. Doesnt look anything special or out of the ordinary, the smoke might tell a different story.

Number 1 is the stand out girl of these three plants. Big yielder, massive amount of resin and the buds are full of big fat calyxes building on top of each other. Going on looks alone i think this one will be the best and the one ill grow again. Hopefully the smoke matches its looks! Im hoping she will finish up around 75-77days.

As soon as we can post pics again ill put some up.

Hey thanks LRV! Im chopping 1 possibly 2 this evening, and leave the remaining 1 another week. Predominant smell is pine, but also a bit of sweetness there. I'll have a better idea as im trimming each one. I'll take some pics and post them up when the site lets me.

Thanks for the comments!

This week has been one of the hottest in recent memory, today being the hottest since 1974 @ 32 celcius. Im on annual leave from work, sitting in the garden smoking on some of this wonderful bud. Puffing on #1 and its a nice piney/fruity smoke. Strong too!

Attachments

• 20180628_173550.jpg
    20180628_173550.jpg
    528.5 KB · Views: 32
Pretty fine looking stuff you got there alecky. Doing an excellent job braddah!

Aloha
M

G `day Alecky

Nice work .
Sweet to see your own work turn out so good .

I`m popping some Nevil`s Hz x Mango Widow fems ATM .
Wish me luck I`m goin in .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Thanks lads!

Thanks for the kind words lads! Although I put no thought or effort into this cross, Im delighted how they turned out. The smoke from #2 is nice and really strong, starts off a bit head in the clouds hard to focus on anything kinda buzz and then descends into a fkn well stoned, can't hide it, dont want to do anything stone. #1 Is more sativa in looks and effect, trying to give it a bit of a cure before i sample it again. Smells divine.

Elmer mate those fems sound good, I'm sure there is fire in them! Im starting some nordle this weekend but I'd happily grow out a few of yours in the new year if you are up for a trade? I might have something you like im my tub.

Thanks for the kind words lads! Although I put no thought or effort into this cross, Im delighted how they turned out. The smoke from #2 is nice and really strong, starts off a bit head in the clouds hard to focus on anything kinda buzz and then descends into a fkn well stoned, can't hide it, dont want to do anything stone. #1 Is more sativa in looks and effect, trying to give it a bit of a cure before i sample it again. Smells divine.

Elmer mate those fems sound good, I'm sure there is fire in them! Im starting some nordle this weekend but I'd happily grow out a few of yours in the new year if you are up for a trade? I might have something you like im my tub.

G `day A

Anything is possible ...
Its a bit naughty to talk about trading seeds on the forum but bro .
If we were interested in such things . We should speak privately .

I grew Nordle . Awesome growth ,good terpenes , good yield .
Effect disappointing . No hitting power . High but not in a way that I enjoyed . Introspective , always felt like some factor was missing .

I talked about similar here a while back . A member chimed in and said he found a keeper that was very potent .
I guess you just need to pop enough seeds to find that type . I started 10 grew 4 or 5 females . Ran as clones a cpl of times . Gave up on it .

Been near 10 years since it was released . How many keeper Nordles have you heard of ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Back