NL5 X Haze ROUND 1

After 4 days only 1 of the 2 seeds sprouted. On my first 2 seeds my female sprouted with just the 2 cotyledon and no little leafs inside that. This one has 3 cotyledon and the little leafs. So 3 out of 4 grm. 2 ou of 3 were funny starts.

Another look at her. An actual 45 day shot. Was off in my count. She was flipped on 11-5. Her pistols are really long and there all close together so still have lots of swelling to do. I really expected more crystal production but there's plenty of time for her to meet my expectations. The smell changes often currently it's not an exciting smell.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    916.1 KB · Views: 163
I have scaled my base nutes back by 25% and started giving a 25% powder koolbloom. I will drop the base nutes each week and increase the koolbloom. I have 1 that is about 10 days in flower that I'm trying to scrog a little better now that I know her growth pattern. She is in with 2 sour Og's

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    913.8 KB · Views: 38
#3 it's funny that the 3rd plant from seed would have 3 cotyledon and now 3 leafs. Looks like this one is going to keep developing by 3.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    600.1 KB · Views: 8
great grow ! the buds pics are gorgeous :) well done
a few trifoliates pop up in a lot of lines but i never find high potency or terpenes profile to be linked to tri. but this triangle shape is beautiful.
happy growing man

Last edited:
Thanks for stopping in. I've had non typical plants from seed before. Seems most start growin "normal" during flower. I guess I will see with this one.

Here she is. Still growin good. I said in my first post I'm looking for haze phenos. I don't know exactly what to look for but she stretched pretty good and def has 30 days left. I'm going by look of the flower and pistils

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    894.1 KB · Views: 139
Here is the progress in the scrog. I think she stretched more from seed. But still growing well

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    927.3 KB · Views: 20
Male ?

Ok well #2 was a male and I did keep him. I did not let him complete his flower cycle but I did observe a few things. He stretched more than #1 and had a great structure. Very similar to the female as all side branches shot up to the top. Also the male flower clusters were very close together. Since then I've been testing his survival skills. I left a clone in the areocloner with no nutes non ph'd water for over a month and he had no problems and started branching out. I have left females in the cloner for too long and they gt very light green and stretch with no branching. I then pulled him from the cloner and chopped the top off discarding the rest of the plant. If he takes root he's a tough SOB. Well sure as shit he took root pretty fast. 8 days. So I plan to flower him out and see what type of smells I can get from him. I def. will not pollinate with him till I've experienced the smoke from his sister(s). I am actually worried about #1 i really dont like the smell so far (shitty commercial smell) but with a min of 25 days till harvest that can change. I would love to reverse a male but I doubt I will get to it n e time soon as I am expanding for long flowering varieties.

I'd like to wish everyone a fruitful 2013. My outlook is very hazy!!!

#3 day 20

So at every internode there is 3 branches instead of 2. Should at very least yeild slightly more? This is the fun that folks runnin clones from the store just don't get to experience. They know they have a female and she's gonna be average smoke lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    764.5 KB · Views: 9
Side view

She isn't as far along at day 20 as I would like. But has hit her stride so noticeable changes daily. I'd like it to be further along to see if it would show sex before hitting a flower room. No biggie tho. Tight schedule round here so "she" has 10 more days to do her thing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    756.5 KB · Views: 16
Day 62

Well here she is. I'm running 50% base nutes and 50% powder koolbloom the leafs hate it. But the buds love it. This past week she finally had some pistols turning orange this was a good sign for me. I don't even get my scope out till it starts to look like its getting close. I feel like the 25 of this month will be about right. Give or take. The reason I look for around the 25 is my other strain in with her will be done then. That will be 81 days. Has any one had similar looking phenos??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    927.8 KB · Views: 691
Well #1 is starting to ripen nicely. Packing on the crystals. #3 will have its first lights off night tonight. It didnt get as big as I would like.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    886.4 KB · Views: 11
Hi Ohthatguy8,

When you say side view, you’re not kidding, lol. I flowered out a three way this past season and I put it in flower as soon as it sexed (not this strain). I also questioned the yield thing but it was one plant so I didn’t have anything to compare yield too. It did turn into a stick covered with buds, never really branched out much just flowered. It was cool looking. I think it was Bambi that said yield was somewhat determined by the pot size or root mass.

Good luck on the finish.

Thanks for stopping by betterhaff. I think I meant the yield vs it's self with two branches if that makes any sense. I do have this one to compare yields with . All of my plants are in 5 gallon buckets dwc style so the pot size is same. First tho she needs to be a female lol.
#1 is def. finishing all the pistols are turning and the leafs are falling fast. I can't wait to try it.

Do you mean does a whorled plant like that yield more than a regular plant? That’s the question I had. The reasoning being more bud sites would result in larger yield. The outcome seemed to be like more small buds vs. less large buds with the yield being about the same. Since it was a lone female, I didn’t have anything to compare it to though.

It was part of a breeding (chucking) project. I sprouted three F2BC1 seeds as a germ test and then after they sprouted I really didn’t pay much attention. They were all in the same pot and when I noticed the 3 banger a closer look revealed it was a female. I separated them out and the other 2 turned out to be male. For kicks I pollinated the buds on separate nodes with each male. It was kind of a blind toss going to F3. One thing for sure, she made a lot of seeds.

As for yield, because I made seed, I’m sure it was lower but in reality I don’t believe it would have actually produced more than a regular plant if I didn’t. That’s why I mentioned pot size and/or root mass. That would probably be more of a determining factor of yield vs. whether the plant has 3 bud sites/branches vs. 2 per node.

I also was surprised she was a female, most of the whorled plants I have grown turned out to be males. Hope you get a female. This strain has been on my radar. Nice grow.

Here are a couple of pics of her in early flower and a little more than half way thru.

Attachments

• 1.12..12 f2  7.10.12.jpg
    1.12..12 f2 7.10.12.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 21
  • 1.12..12 f2  8.10.12.jpg
    1.12..12 f2 8.10.12.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 59
Wow u weren't lying when u said buds on a stick! So what did you "chuck" on what? If u don't mind me asking. I can't wait to chuck some pollen but I want to learn the characteristics of haze and select a male for haze traits and then cross it to my blueberry which is the most intense blueberry smell and taste and yields very nice. I've had her for years and would like to have her flavor with the haze high. That's a good point about possibly being more buds but smaller. It does boil down to root mass and a plant with 1/3 more branching probably needs 1/3 more volume for roots. Makes for interesting speculation at very least. Peace.

Back