NL#2

Use the search function Deach.
Search for "afghan T" in quotes
by member: Nevil
Thanks brother. The problem with MNS searches is thatit won't search for any words with less than 4 characters, so it winds up being a search by Nevil and the word Afghan, without the T

*Edit* NVM, I found it :)

So by that logic a police detective can't say anything about a homicide scene because they weren't there to witness it 🤣😂.

The stories are part of the plants genetic origin, some of us like to know what we're growing and breeding with.
The detective can say anything he wants about the scene, but when all the witnesses lie about what went down, didn't pay attention, or were stoned out of their mind when it happened, he's gonna have a hard time making a case.
Despite what some people may think about the resource provided by Phylos, there is no equivalent to the crime scene magic presented on the show CSI in todays world of cannabis genetics.
In the end, the stories are just that . . . stories.

It reminds me of my favorite definition of a "gold mine."
What is a gold mine?
A gold mine is a hole in the ground with a liar standing in front of it.

That is why Shanti always says that you have to let the plant tell you itself what it is.
It's frustrating, but true.

Thanks brother. The problem with MNS searches is thatit won't search for any words with less than 4 characters, so it winds up being a search by Nevil and the word Afghan, without the T

*Edit* NVM, I found it :)
The quotes allows the "T" to be part of the search.

If you have half a brain.... you will grow and breed weed that is good because of the high, not because some bullshit marketing that feeds your cognitive bias.

who really gives a fuck what story McGreg says about hawaiian or thai or whatever the fuck. if you can't even tell what it is by smoking, does it really matter? BTW be careful if you bring up northern lights and thai three times it will summon elmer bud.
What Bias?

You are arguing nonsense with an IQ under 2.
If you like growing bag seed and unknown bullsh!t strains then by all means keep doing you.

So by that logic a police detective can't say anything about a homicide scene because they weren't there to witness it 🤣😂.

The stories are part of the plants genetic origin, some of us like to know what we're growing and breeding with.
But you don't KNOW, despite your string of insults. The world where you KNOW is a fantasy. Enjoy your visit.

Last edited:
Ah yes ignore the insult the other made but be quick to strike me down 😒
That is beside the point that you don't KNOW what you are trying to push as fact. I'm responding to you, not because of your insults, but because there is no way to know the history currently. Neither my beliefs or yours are going to change the facts.

For the millionth time, no one knows for sure except the ones who were there. Whatever story makes you feel in control- floats your boat. But when people call Shanti out on his own strains or infer that they know more than Shanti who was actually there creating strains and living it, well I say you’ve lost your way. And if Shanti doesnt know who the person is in the story, it makes me wonder how significant that person might be or not. Everyone pretty much has done biz with Shanti in one way or another, whether its the making of their seed or enrichment or consulting. No one in this industry has contributed more. This need to be right often gets in our way. Let’s get back to the gist of the thread, NL and the fact that Shanti has found more beans that can benefit us all.

🤙Mu

Just want to put this out there... was reading recently about neville being the one who originally bred the 1988 g13 x hashplant. If you have any of this old stock, I would be very supportive of breeding projects involving g13hp! Or even some sort of Backcross to g13xhp!

I'm pretty new when it comes to knowing and understanding strains. In my neck of Canada, hashish was pretty much all we had access to. Most weed was "homegrown" and awful, so it was usually avoided. But then in in the late 90s, I was gifted some clones called R2 and gave it a shot (homegrown was always shitty so I was weary, but also trusted the source who gave them to me). "Freezeland" was also available but not as strong as the R2. It (R2) turned out to be awesome stuff, despite the fact that I was using a dehydrator to dry them (I had access to land to grow, not proper drying space. LOL, I had it drying outdoors on my back porch, with a garbage can propped over it).

Anyhow, as of last summer season, I finally grew out some MNS strains and noticed a beautiful difference between them and the strains I was choosing from Attitude, because of the pretty pictures. I love Ortega in particular, and I also finally got an understanding of what a sativa is, because of some SSH I also grown out. Since then, I have spent an awful lot of time learning about lineages, and wow, this is definitely the best forum to learn from IMO.

Because of Ortega, I've been looking into other "breeders" and their work with NL in particular. I noticed in the Swami seed lists that he had an R2 strain mixed in with a bunch of his strains (usually with M33, Friesland). Sent him an email asking about it, mentioning that we have a very popular clone only strain in my parts with the same designation. I haven't heard back from him yet, but after scrounging through his instagram posts, I found what I am including here in the screenshots I'll be uploading. The screenshots seem to be a conversation between "Swami" and someone who goes by the initial "D", a close friend of Nevil. In it, they discuss long lost R2 and how it was isolated and inbred in my backyard, 30 minute drive away.

View attachment 47474View attachment 47475View attachment 47471View attachment 47472View attachment 47473View attachment 47476

I can't be sure I have the screenshots in the right order, and I may be missing some as well, but as far as I can tell, that's all he put up. Doesn't make a clear picture to me, but it may to some of you. I'd really like to hear what you folks think, I'm kind of excited about the thought of NL2 possibly being preserved and worked here.

*edit* I didn't mean that it was literally in my backyard BTW, just close to where I live, my neck of the woods. I have been asked if I was the D referred to above, I am not

I already have the R2/Northern Lights #2 in rockwool.

Attachments

• 20210206_192940.jpg
    20210206_192940.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 31
messages_0(4).jpeg

I picked these up this morning, they are called R2, are supposedly Northern Lights 2 , have been isolated and unadulterated since Ron got the seeds from The Seed Bank back in the day, here in Eastern Canada. I'll keep you posted as they grow outdoors this summer. I believe this thread would be best for it

They say she's a good breeder, do any of you have suggestions which MNS strains would be good to breed with? I have most of them, I'm thinking Black Widow or Critical Mass, perhaps Shit?

Back