NHS phenos

MegaWatts

Hi everyone,

I have a few NHS going at the moment.This is the first grow with these. I have found 2 distinct phenos and i was wondering wich is more sought after ? Both plants have huge colas. But thats where the similarities end. The first 2 pics are of the plant with medium desity flowers. They start to fox tail like crazy in the last week or so. Totally different structure then pheno #2
Last 2 pics are of the second pheno it has rock hard buds with a more typical flower structure and the colas are not as long. The smells also differ between the 2.

Any thoughts from those who have run this strain before ?

Attachments

• IMG_0937.jpg
    IMG_0937.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0938.JPG
    IMG_0938.JPG
    791.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0939.jpg
    IMG_0939.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0940.jpg
    IMG_0940.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 90
NHS Bends Really Easily- Bend Your Branches

I Find That Bending Branches Results In A Small Squat Plant Thats Nice And Stealthy:cool:
I Bend The Plant At Around A 45 Degree Angle . The Branch, More Likely Will Collapse, Securing The Bend From Blowing Away .
You'll Also Notice The Plant Releases A Droplet Of Dew Which Tells Me The Bending Process Is Complete.
I Don't Use Any String And The Plant Really Produces Plenty Of Bud Sights . Much Larger Yield
JKP

Attachments

• May_17_N_H_S_-_Mutant-_Pistils_In_Duplicate-02.jpg
    May_17_N_H_S_-_Mutant-_Pistils_In_Duplicate-02.jpg
    332.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Windowsill_NHS_-_Not_Bad_For_Feb_1-002.jpg
    Windowsill_NHS_-_Not_Bad_For_Feb_1-002.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 33
  • Old_Greenhouse_-_Mommabent_2006-Grapefruit.jpg
    Old_Greenhouse_-_Mommabent_2006-Grapefruit.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 41
  • Night_Nurse-_Sept_20_-_MNS-NHS.jpg
    Night_Nurse-_Sept_20_-_MNS-NHS.jpg
    370.8 KB · Views: 48
  • NHS_Vertizontal_And_StringBent-_Aug10.jpg
    NHS_Vertizontal_And_StringBent-_Aug10.jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Stormy_Weather_Approaches-NHS-Sept6-VZ.jpg
    Stormy_Weather_Approaches-NHS-Sept6-VZ.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 55
  • StakeThatBend.jpg
    StakeThatBend.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 38
  • UnstakedBend-Plugged.jpg
    UnstakedBend-Plugged.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Turkish Beans At Joe King Park- Great Bagseed Bash-2007.jpg
    Turkish Beans At Joe King Park- Great Bagseed Bash-2007.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 66
  • TRC-KQ-_Late_Oct.jpg
    TRC-KQ-_Late_Oct.jpg
    953 KB · Views: 63
Beautiful buds. Number two looks solid! I won these at auction and now they are heading up on the strains to run list. I am interested to hear more info on the phenos.:)

Yes i have tried all sorts of LST and bending. Mostly because i had plants get to tall and needed to get them below the lights but my style of growing i try to avoid it if i can.

Arpege,

I will try and get more pics and info on these plants soon

Here are a few more pics of the 2 diff phenos.
The first 2 are of the one with nice hard nugs the second 2 are medium hard nugs with foxtail action.

Attachments

• IMG_0941.jpg
    IMG_0941.jpg
    418.3 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0943.jpg
    IMG_0943.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_0946.jpg
    IMG_0946.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0947.jpg
    IMG_0947.jpg
    422.3 KB · Views: 137
Hi megawatt and arpege and JKP-beautiful buds! this topic holds inteest as I am also in the 4th week of flower and have really started to notice two different phenotypes- I'm pretty sure-I'm a new grower. The buds on the smaller, squatter plant don't seem as dense as on the larger stretchier/lanky plant-they pretty solid at this early stage while the shorter plant's buds are rounder and fluffier-both beautiful. It will be good fun to sample the two side by side but yeah, any opinions and nice topic :D

Peace to you. vinnno

Hey V, a wild guess but are all of your plants mixed together under one light? Usually when this happens the shorter plants get less light or less intese try to keep smaller plants in the center and taller ones on the outside. Also the more even your canopy the better the lower buds she develope. That would be my guess about the firmness of those shorter phenos but just a guess. Hope your doing well and happy gardening friend. If you look at my photo gallery I just uploaded a pi,ture of my different sharks phenos trying to stay even.

I hope both grows are going well.. I agree with Weezy you might want to raise the shorter of the plants on something to even the playing field.
Mega..I have NHS coming as part of my auction winnings. You have put these on the top of my start list!

Last edited:
Hi everyone !

Thanks for all the nice comments and great feedback,

Barnflowers Amazing stuff megawatts, how old are these plants? How many weeks in flower?

Hey BF, these plants are about 10 weeks old iam going to take them to 11 but some could have finished around 9-10weeks. Iam curiouse about which will have a better smoke.
Do you think the phenos that are a bit fluffy with foxtails are a little more haze influence ? i dont have much experience with haze but i do have some SSH in veg.

Hey Megawatts I'm quite interested in this strain, even more so now that I have seen your results! I have 18 beans left from 22 won in an auction, the four I planted all sprouted but I had two males and two females (nothing wrong with that). Now the two males are beautiful but I removed them since I don't think I need them at the present, of the two girls, both were runts, I'm not sure why but I don't think it has anything to do with the strain, just poor luck this time around. I've got a fair bit on the go so I may not get back to these for about a year or so. So I have no real experience growing them out. I do recall that Shanti had suggested that the haze influence comes out in the last week or weeks and the resin production also increases around this time. But that's second hand info so take it as you will.

Again, truly inspiring results!

Soon I'll be popping the Grail Widow, fingers crossed that it's as awesome as your NHS.:D

Hi megawatt and arpege and JKP-beautiful buds! this topic holds inteest as I am also in the 4th week of flower and have really started to notice two different phenotypes- I'm pretty sure-I'm a new grower. The buds on the smaller, squatter plant don't seem as dense as on the larger stretchier/lanky plant-they pretty solid at this early stage while the shorter plant's buds are rounder and fluffier-both beautiful. It will be good fun to sample the two side by side but yeah, any opinions and nice topic :D

Peace to you. vinnno

Hi all-just an edit here. I got my two mixed up w/the bud description:rolleyes: the shorter squat plant is the one with the more dense, resiny buds and the stretchy one is has got the longer fluffier which makes a bit more sense to me lol now. Yep, thanks for the tips on canopy height-I've got another strain (Ind dom skunk) whish is trained low and whose colas are not reaching as quickly as the NHS-diff strains and phenos next one homogenous lol. Beautiful plants all-I love this strain so far!

NHS buds by Megawatts

Looks like a very heavy harvest coming. Smart to let them go the 11 weeks. Makes me inspiered seeing yours as I have 4 in veg soon to flip. The foxtail trait is a haze one for sure and will likely have a more powerful longlasing effect.. foxtails buds my personal preference , sure many agree.. nice with a variety in the cubboard.
I dig the silvery colour and heavy budding on yours Megawatts, makes me think you truly are using a few Megawatts in that room :D

I dig the silvery colour and heavy budding on yours Megawatts, makes me think you truly are using a few Megawatts in that room

Hey stonesplitter,

I guess you figured out the secret to my success :D You could say theres a bulb or two in use hahaha
Thanks for the info about the foxtails I will be pretty eager to smoke some of this stuff ! good luck with your grow you will be loving these for sure !

Great pics MegaWatts.

Reminds me very much of the EPSH I ran a couple of years ago, especially the foxtail one. it was my personal favourite.

Couple of technical details interest me. Could you tell me what size you veg to, and what final height they come in at. And what pot size is that with, please.

Took a paranoid head last week and ripped down all my year long (almost) Nevs project. So I have 23 NHS soaking now, and judging by your pics they will be suitable for some vert treatment.

Cheers:)

Great pics MegaWatts.

Reminds me very much of the EPSH I ran a couple of years ago, especially the foxtail one. it was my personal favourite.

Couple of technical details interest me. Could you tell me what size you veg to, and what final height they come in at. And what pot size is that with, please.

Took a paranoid head last week and ripped down all my year long (almost) Nevs project. So I have 23 NHS soaking now, and judging by your pics they will be suitable for some vert treatment.

Cheers:)

Its hard to remember I didn't take notes on measurements but here are some ruff guesses plants veged til about 7ft tall most had a good stretch of approx. 2 feet maybe more. They were grown in appox. 20gal containers

Hope that helps good luck with your 23 NHS you have some nices ones there forsure

Results

Ater finishing these NHS up here are some # for ya !

The final yield was very good with plants more on the heavy side ranging from 2.5 - 4.5lbs !

NHS2 possible keeper Had dense knoby buds had a creamy floral smell in flower the dry buds have a nice fruity hazy dank smell with good amount of sugar

NHS8 small dense lil nugz probably the most crystal with NHS2 coming in second. Has a nice spicy piney smell with some haze lingering.

NHS3 Foxtail buds long with medium density, very mild haze smell to it kinda like cedar wood

NHS1 very similar to NHS3 little more foxtail long fingers but same characteristics as 3

One thing I would have to say with NHS is that I felt I got plants with more of a haze influence imo. The trichs were also a lot diff they were very small with small heads not like say og or pk strain where the heads are large and the trichs stand tall. these were almost micro in comparison. Wich I believe is also a haze trait ?

What do you guys think ?

These buds are going to cure for a bit and then a smoke report will be on its way ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0991.JPG
    IMG_0991.JPG
    651.7 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0994.JPG
    IMG_0994.JPG
    474 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0995.JPG
    IMG_0995.JPG
    417 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0996.JPG
    IMG_0996.JPG
    465.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0997.JPG
    IMG_0997.JPG
    463 KB · Views: 44
hey BF,

well were lucky to have a high ceiling lol The only way to see the plant fully express herself is to get them big imo

Cheers for the info Mega, much appreciated. :)

I think I'll veg them just a little less than yourself though.;)
Maybe flip them at 2 or 3 foot.
Inspiring pics.

Cheers:D

Back