NHS grow 2013

Not Wishing To Hijack Thread, I'll Remove Them later . These Are Some Fresh N.H.S Images I've Just Stumbled Across. It Includes The " Siamese N.H.S " I Grew That Summer.
Lots Of Fun:)
JKP

Attachments

• Windowsill_NHS_-_Not_Bad_For_Feb_1-002.jpg
    Windowsill_NHS_-_Not_Bad_For_Feb_1-002.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 8
  • Dull_Days_-_Window_NHS_-_Feb_1.jpg
    Dull_Days_-_Window_NHS_-_Feb_1.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 12-2-_N_H_S_-_Indica-003.jpg
    12-2-_N_H_S_-_Indica-003.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 8
  • N_H_S-_Transplant_Time_-_Feb18.jpg
    N_H_S-_Transplant_Time_-_Feb18.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 10
  • N_H_S-_12-12-_March_10-_Little_Stretch-_Seed.jpg
    N_H_S-_12-12-_March_10-_Little_Stretch-_Seed.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 13
  • May_17_N_H_S_-_Mutant-_Pistils_In_Duplicate-02.jpg
    May_17_N_H_S_-_Mutant-_Pistils_In_Duplicate-02.jpg
    332.1 KB · Views: 28
  • NHS-30 Euros-2009.jpg
    NHS-30 Euros-2009.jpg
    576.7 KB · Views: 21
NHS

Thanks Joe, interesting pics, good for comparison, leave them up ! The more we see the more we learn:)
BTW congrads on the CBD 3 test, you and I are on the same team!:D

Incredibly fat little leaves on your mystery seedling Joe., too bad about the old CHemdawg Lemon, always wonderd about growing one of those Humboldt chemdawgs... Yes I expect the NHS s will take off pretty good now with a little feed , lots of soil and increasing light!

MNS NHS 5+wks

Here they are now basking in the sun. These plants got a cold start so they have lagged a little, as well I transplant early to deep tubs so they spend a while putting out roots , this slows growth above the ground but only temporarily. Hope to see a burst in growth next 2 weeks.
Most striking about the NHS is how uniform they are. Well bred Shanti!

Attachments

• SANY1205.JPG MNS NHS 5 wks.jpg
    SANY1205.JPG MNS NHS 5 wks.jpg
    932.6 KB · Views: 12
MNS NHS to scale

Just to update and show them with something to scale(regular quart /750ml red wine bottle). They are close to six weeks and getting some blood/bone meal tea last few days. Nice healthy seedlings , like clones almost and the leaves have a "thick" look . Hopefully the bud will be thick and the males few!:D

Attachments

• SANY1227NHS with wine.jpg
    SANY1227NHS with wine.jpg
    814.7 KB · Views: 9
Hi stonesplitter :) Your ladies are looking so healthy mate! i am growing in coco/perlite. when I can give myself a bit more room i would like to try a soil grow. I am growing some covering plants so maybe outside next year lol (My dream :) ) Always look forward to the updates stoneslplitter.

Peace to you and nice growing. v
* Here is a pic of My 2. They have been 12/12 for 10 days. I switched them at 350 mm and 6ish weeks. Had a few paisley shaped leaves. They smell and feel so nice!

Attachments

• 100_5008.JPG
    100_5008.JPG
    720.4 KB · Views: 12
@stonesplitter - looks like they are starting to take off - any pre-flowers yet?
@vinnno - you too man, nothing wrong with those!

NHS

Thanks Vinnmo !! Yours are looking great, mine are big but poor branching at this stage as transplanting to the big tubs makes them work at root production which does slow down vegetative growth.The next week will show branches. I don't mind the tubs , heavy but the handles make them easier to move around and the square shape lets them be put close together. The biggest advantage is that you can water less often depending on the stage of growth. I always liked the low maintenance aspect .
These will be sexed when put to 12/12, time will tell. I generally get about 70% females which is better than average but I think due to the use of lots of grow medium which does give signals of security to plants and likely increases the production of females. Hope I didn't jinx them now:) Hopefully 2-3 girls will come out of this group of 4 !( generally prefer to have 10 plants of any strain)
Happy Growing !!

NHS

Hi Barnflowers!, yes they're big enough and healthy , since being planted in the deep tubs they put all their energy into roots. Branches are started, no too early for preflowers. They usually turn up at about 8 wks IME.
I grow a little differently than most, and takes a little longer but in the end the plants produce well :) thanks for bearing with me !! BTW I also put the 4 Dreamtimes up as a new thread just to have a place to put them.
Barnflowers please put your NHS up as a new thread if you will, seems to me you have a few going??( or show them here if you want , just trying to encourage!!)

N.H.S ; " Ilean"

Vertizontal N.H S Image From Deep In My Archives :) Saved On My Normal Bending Techniques ;)
JKP

Attachments

• Vertizontal-September_-_Week_One-NHS.jpg
    Vertizontal-September_-_Week_One-NHS.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 46
NHS

Thanks Joe!! Now thats a plant ! I can see that the NHS is right up my ally. Hopefully they'll all make it and with at least 2 girls, like I said above , a little nervous about only running 4 but thats what survived the winter germination..:) Hope all is well in Wales , I can imagine spring there gives a good start but maybe summers get too wet and cool? We don't have much spring here , goes more right from winter to summer but we do get lots of heat mid summer and a long fall. Weed can take lots of frost and will outlive even brambles into late oct early nov IME. It just can't take frost in the spring when its young and tender.Oil/resin freezes alot slower than water:)

Update NHS 6 wks

Just updating on the progress of the 4 NHS. Height differentiation now. Still very uniform appearance. A few more nodes to go though before flowering.

Attachments

• SANY1246MNS NHS 6wks.jpg
    SANY1246MNS NHS 6wks.jpg
    818.6 KB · Views: 20
Hiya stonesplitter :)

Your plants look very healthy and strong! I ended up w/two F this time-I've only had males w/the NHS to this point so I'm stoked! You guys amaze me up there with your growing-its pretty hardcore when I think about it. All respect. We really are on the flip side aye-mostly heat and bugs here.

I tried to bend my girls over a little as well Joe-I had envisaged them coming out like your one (albeit much more compact) but I think I would need to tie them and that cupboard is crowded. When the Ind dom skunk is finished they should have enough room to stretch out a little...oops mumbling I would like to share a couple of photos mostly because I am unable to talk to anybody re growing and I'm sure you know how it feels sometimes-wife's cool but she's like...meh..Strain specific too so forgive if I'm out of line-let me know and I'll pull my me head in :eek:

They've been on 12/12 since the 1st. Oh they smell beautiful. The sensi girl next to them has a lovely aroma but man, the NHS plant sends me to lala land-seriously, I get my head in amongst them :D I think I may attempt to re-veg them after harvest and fill up the cupboard fully...I knew I was pushing it w/3 in there but they'll get 4wks all to themselves at the finish.

Respectfully,
V

Attachments

• 100_5107.jpg
    100_5107.jpg
    473.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 100_5113.jpg
    100_5113.jpg
    461.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 100_5126.jpg
    100_5126.jpg
    532.8 KB · Views: 27
NHS

Thanks for sharing Vinnmo! Appreciate your contribution here, great to hear the aromas are so intoxicating from the 2 NHS girls and good you got 2 like you say.
Amazing job in that cupboard. Like you say interesting to see all the different methods of growing. We just went from winter to summer practically here so the seedlings that got a cold start indoors are jumping!
Short intense seasons are impressive sometimes. Sometimes they're crap haha.
I could put some out now but will wait til about may 20.
Keep us posted on how they finish up!!

Last edited:
NHS next chapter. 3 of 4 plants males.

THe 4 NHS have been sorted abit. 3 nice big uniform males have been put outside. The smallest plant was the shy girl of the group and is slowly budding in the 12/12 room. Here are pics of the nice males which pollen will be collected from. The one girl gave up 2 nice cuttings which are doing fine so I got 3 females anyway and am actually happy with the males, more pollen than needed but nice to see the uniformity /stability of the strain. I put the males in a shady spot instead of chopping them.
Interesting that both these 4 and the 4 dreamtimes all gave 3 of 4 males. This is unusually high for me, but could be related to the cold start both groups had. I have also read other reports of high rates of males in NHS. Either way , I am happy with it all as they clone easily and the pollen is of interest to me..:cool:

Attachments

• SANY1312.jpg
    SANY1312.jpg
    923 KB · Views: 31
  • SANY1313.jpg
    SANY1313.jpg
    772.6 KB · Views: 37
Hey Stonesplitter just for the record, out of four I got 50/50 male female ratio. One of the males was squashed by a board that blew onto it shortly after it was moved outside, the other male is thriving despite adverse conditions and stress that many plants would not have survived, high winds, heavy rain, frost, being blown over and left lying down all day etc.

It's very strange too that the plant seems to have reverted back to veg after showing it's sex in 12/12 but now there are male flowers and female flowers on a predominantly male plant. I will be taking a clone of this one, something tells me it's a bit special.

Hiya NHS growers. Your garden is looking great there stonesplitter :) I am really looking forward to seeing them flower particularly outdoors! I love these plants. i have a few more seeds and I will be germinating them after this grow (it has continued-lol, I love growing :D ) I am finding it difficult to obtain grow info on this strain so what I can get from the breeders is best.

Personally I have harvested the shorter pheno at around 70 days from first flowers. Nugs were rock hard but I had locked her out w/some buildup in the coco during the week I was feeding her some pk. Nearly just stopped and after a few flushes she had just about done what she was going to so she was harvested. It got really dry (winter here= usually < 50% RH) and I had a little 100 inline exhausting into the flower cab to alleviate any aroma escaping but yeah, dried too quickly - like only 5 days hanging. I have sampled a few flowers after a week in the jar and was smiling first intake :rolleyes:
the stretchy pheno is still going and I think I will harvest her in a couple of days. she's just getting plain ph'ed water this week and it will be time.
Here are a few pics, one of the first during her flush and the others are of the plant which is still going.

Hope this finds you all healthy and content in spirit body and mind.
Peace . v :)

Attachments

• 100_5537.JPG
    100_5537.JPG
    674.6 KB · Views: 43
  • 100_5577.JPG
    100_5577.JPG
    832.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 100_5584.jpg
    100_5584.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 100_5585.jpg
    100_5585.jpg
    461.8 KB · Views: 82
Hey Stonesplitter and Vinnno and whoever.
I took this shot last night. This picture shows two NHS girls approximately the same age, within days.
The plant on the left was removed from the flowering room and moved outside, eventually it was planted in the ground and it is thriving. The plant on the right remained in the flowering room and despite it's lack of size is budding up quite nicely, I should get a sample of what this strain is all about. Anyway, side by side they don't even look like the same strain anymore. The outdoor plant is about four foot tall now.
img_1868.jpg

Last edited:
Nice plants Barnflowers.Nice spot too!
The in-ground plant is gonna give you loads of bud:p

Hope you and your galpals get some nice sunshiny weather!

Back