NHS grow 2013

stonesplitter

Hi all, since there isn't any recent growthreads for NHS on here I thought I'd contribute the 4 seedlings I have started indoors.
Currently under flourescent lamp in promixplus and manure compost mixed.

Attachments

• SANY1074mns NHS 4wks.jpg
    SANY1074mns NHS 4wks.jpg
    655.4 KB · Views: 44
Great start stonesplitter, and yes as you mentioned elsewhere very uniform growth and structure.

Are they going outdoors once the weather is better or will they be indoors?

Keep us posted! :)

awesome

good luck with these!

with my luck all 4 of those will be female :p

glad to see you growing MNS! I have not been disappointed.

cant wait to see how it goes for you, growing all these years and just now trying a MNS strain

thanks for starting this strain too i wanted to see some new grows of it as well!

Hiya there stonesplitter.

Nice looking NHS babies you have started there! I have a couple of NHS seedlings on the go at the moment as well. I am a fairly inexperienced grower and this is my first post in this forum for awhile. I'm really stoked somebody is putting up a recent NHS grow.

Hope you don't mind if I tag along. I've only grown a few plants but last grow the NHS plant (ended up a bloke) had to be the most beautiful cannabis plant I had seen to date.

I am Looking forward to watching and learning from your grow.

Peace to you. v :)

Last edited:
NHS

Thanks all!! Yes great to finally be growing MNS. Excited. ONly regret I didn't have 10 or so going. Anyway I'll run these 4 , as I also have some other MNS seedlings started. (look at my profile under albums)
These are of course indoors for now, and may well wind up outdoors in the form a chosen clone or two. I reckon I'll run these indoors looking at the calender. Will give the the usual 8 weeks veg at 24/0 then switch to 12/12 . I have them under flourescents now and window and will move them to 1000w HPS !at the 8 weeks.(they're in queue)
I have compared vegging at 4 weeks and 8 weeks before switching to 12/12 and in the end the longer veg period always produces better and stronger in the same total grow period. Primarily by heavier denser branch and stalk development as well as quicker flower development.
Anyone wanting to add pics of their own NHS here welcome!! The more we see the more we learn:)

Last edited:
Hiya there stonesplitter-

How are those girls of yours?

I am located in an antipodean zone sub-tropical, currently growing 2 NHS ladies and they are about 5 weeks. I am very slow w/seedlings being quite inexperienced but the last ones started out very slow as well-its suits me so hey ;) They are starting to kick in now. I'm worried about stretching cos I'm in a little closet so I'm thinking maybe flower kinda early? I won't be toppin g or any lst on these, jus straight up to about 50ish cm then 12/12. I would dearly love to grow this strain outside in the sun!

Attachments

• 100_4843.JPG
    100_4843.JPG
    571.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 100_4840.JPG
    100_4840.JPG
    542.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_4842.JPG
    100_4842.JPG
    577.2 KB · Views: 10
@vinno - I too am growing some NHS right now, only a few weeks along but I have four very healthy happy seedlings.

I have read a fair bit about this strain and I anticipate these plants to be on the lanky side so topping or some lst might not be a bad idea. What kind of lights will you be using for flowering? 50cm might be a bit tall in your situation, how tall do you think your maximum is?

Hiya barnflowers.

Yeah, I have 1200mm from the top of the pots I will be flowering in and a cooltube. I'm thinking at least double with a couple hundred mm to play with. They definitely would be lovely to watch stretch out! Oh, I am vegging and flowering under 400w hps and a little bit of sun when possible - I like to look at them :D

Peace. v

Vinmo, looks good. I agree with Barnfowers you might want to switch to 12/12 before 50 cm high because they're gonna do the 12/12/ stretch . I would put them to 12/12 t 8-10 weeks from seed which isn't to far off.I'm thinking primarily of your space restrictions. Too bad you can't put them out where you are! I will be posting update to this thread within a week showing some changes with the 4 NHS s :)

MNS NHS 5 weeks

Greetings fellow growers!
I wasn't going to show them again until transplanting but I here they are last day in the germinating pots. Now they go into a big tub together(60 L /15 gal) . Thats next post. :)
Still uniform growth , though one has a longer leaf type. Next stage they'll be numbered and start being watered with the organic tea..they could have already had some by the looks of them!
I keep you posted!
BTW these are under flourescents next to the window .

Attachments

• SANY1135MNS NHS 5 wks.jpg
    SANY1135MNS NHS 5 wks.jpg
    882.3 KB · Views: 14
  • SANY1136 MNS NHS 5 weeks.jpg
    SANY1136 MNS NHS 5 weeks.jpg
    860.3 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Nice and Healthy

Hello there Stonespitter,:) Those are nice and uniform and I read that there is 50%haze in the mix and sounds very promising.

I hope all goes as planned and will be stopping by as this one has great potential!

GREAT START!

peace, rb ;)

Hey Stonesplitter, they look super healthy, they should be awesome in a few months.

@resinbud - 25% Haze

From the strain page
Since this hybrid only contains 25% Haze it will be a practical Haze plant to grow in all types of grows.
NHS

MNS NHS update: transplanted to tub.

Thanks all for positive comments. Here are the four at five weeks from breaking the ground transplanted to ca 60 litre tubs. Placed a little close to corners but they can branch out now , lots of room lots of soil the daylight hours are increasing.. Have to count on a male or two being pulled in a month so the remaining will have room as required. More soil will be added in time. Buried them to the seedleaves for now . Yes the 4 all seem healthy and starting to show personality.
Light: window and flourescent .
Water only till now. Feeding with organic bonemeal/composted manure tea starts now.
Soil: Promix BX with mychorrizae.(not Plus as posted earlier).
Single plant closeup of one on lower left.

Attachments

• SANY1157MNS NHS transplanted 5 wks.jpg
    SANY1157MNS NHS transplanted 5 wks.jpg
    883.9 KB · Views: 8
  • SANY1156.jpg
    SANY1156.jpg
    897.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
NHS

Just over 5 weeks not from first set of leaves but from opening above ground adn upright. They're only on the 3rd set of leaves at this point. Last post showed them just under 5 weeks mark and now just past 5 wks mark. Yeah they're healthy looking. No nutes. Some compost in the soil mix. THey'll stagnate a bit now and make roots but should be looking good in a month or so:D

Last edited:
Just over 5 weeks not from first set of leaves but from opening above ground adn upright. They're only on the 3rd set of leaves at this point. Last post showed them just under 5 weeks mark and now just past 5 wks mark. Yeah they're healthy looking. No nutes. Some compost in the soil mix. THey'll stagnate a bit now and make roots but should be looking good in a month or so:D

They Sure Love Compost ;)
Joe:)

Attachments

• Moptop_N_H_S_-_April_15.jpg
    Moptop_N_H_S_-_April_15.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 10
  • NHS_Vertizontal_And_StringBent-_Aug10.jpg
    NHS_Vertizontal_And_StringBent-_Aug10.jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Night_Nurse-_Sept_20_-_MNS-NHS.jpg
    Night_Nurse-_Sept_20_-_MNS-NHS.jpg
    370.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Stormy_Weather_Approaches-NHS-Sept6-VZ.jpg
    Stormy_Weather_Approaches-NHS-Sept6-VZ.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 27
NHS

Yes agreed on them liking compost JKP , as do yours I see! We have a very similar growing style anyway which must be a good sign lol!
Barnflowers, thanks , yes good question as to out or in. The plan was to put them in the 1000w flower room in a month. I am however considering one outside to add some interest and variety to this thread. THey have been growing slowly since germination due to cool room and cool light but they seem to be healthy lol

Seedling Treated With Atami Rootbastic

I Was Pretty Gutted When I Lost My Revegged West Coast Strain ; Chemdawg Lemon ( Humboldt Cross ). Man, It Was A Tough Plant And Lasted A Year. I Stopped Watering The Stump And Removed It From The Tent . A Few Days Later I Was About To Remove Stump And Apply Enzymes To The Soil.
There Was A SEEDLING Popped Out The Ground :eek: . Now Theres No Way Its A Charriot Or Skyguy, So I'm Thinking I've Recieved Another Chance And Its A Chemdawg :cool:
I Feel Overwhelmingly Blessed To Give This Strain The Love It Deserves
Lucky JKP
So its Around Ten days Old Now ( Some Strains Grow Quicker Than Others Being The Moral To This Post;) )
STSp ; Your N.H.S' Will Take Off Pretty Quick Now After A Feed :)

Attachments

• Old Chemdawg Dies- Mystery Seed Emerges- Hope-Mar2013.jpg
    Old Chemdawg Dies- Mystery Seed Emerges- Hope-Mar2013.jpg
    661.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Rootbastic- March23-2013.jpg
    Rootbastic- March23-2013.jpg
    437.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Treated With Rootbastic-Mar31-2013.jpg
    Treated With Rootbastic-Mar31-2013.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Dry Between Waterings- Root Training- Mar31-2013.jpg
    Dry Between Waterings- Root Training- Mar31-2013.jpg