NHS - Feb 2020 Growth

Is it really an issue to have a short/shorter internode distance in case of Haze that can reach 6 meters high in nature ?

Can't you really use that "feature" to your benefit ? And what about supplementing the electromagnetic spectrum with some additional UV-A source ?

Half of my quantum boards are equipped with additional far red IF and 3500k spectrum, the other half are just straight up 3500k with no red, no UV. Yeah you can use this feature to your advantage if harnessed properly... With sativas, especially closer to pure sativas, its a great advantage without altering much that i do because the plants have plenty of time to get large enough and these lights prevent the typical stretch. For the first few indicas I ran with these lights the plants wound up like dwarfs, very small. I took notes and realized I need to veg longer! I use to us CXB3590 Cob lights, these are more efficient.

Is it really an issue to have a short/shorter internode distance in case of Haze that can reach 6 meters high in nature ?

Can't you really use that "feature" to your benefit ? And what about supplementing the electromagnetic spectrum with some additional UV-A source ?

The lack of stretch may also be exacerbated because my veg lights and flower lights have the same 3500 spectrum. This is known to reduce stretch.

Yes, they have ;)

Week 2 flo - mid week

Out of the 6 NHS and the Dreamtime, we got 2 males amongst the NHS, as well as the Dreamtime :(

I hope the rest of the flowering journey will go smoothly .

Btw, question to the thread followers : do you think I should feed them more like Haze or like Skunks ?

Attachments

• Week 8 Session - Week 2 Flo - 2.JPG
    Week 8 Session - Week 2 Flo - 2.JPG
    852.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Week 8 Session - Week 2 Flo - 3.JPG
    Week 8 Session - Week 2 Flo - 3.JPG
    877.4 KB · Views: 22
tricky question..

feed em like a Hybrid:D what are you feeding right now? how is the stem rub? skunky or hazey? they look pretty skunky to me so i would give them ec 1,5 just based on looks, and my starting tap water taken in account.

greetzz

Week 3 flo !

They grow ( yippie ) and smell .

No stains, no burns, etc so nothing to worry about.

Attachments

• Week 9 Session - Week 3 Flo - 4.JPG
    Week 9 Session - Week 3 Flo - 4.JPG
    871.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Week 9 Session - Week 3 Flo - 1.JPG
    Week 9 Session - Week 3 Flo - 1.JPG
    862.8 KB · Views: 31
Yes, they have ;)

Week 2 flo - mid week

Out of the 6 NHS and the Dreamtime, we got 2 males amongst the NHS, as well as the Dreamtime :(

I hope the rest of the flowering journey will go smoothly .

Btw, question to the thread followers : do you think I should feed them more like Haze or like Skunks ?

Start with light feeding and then supplement if they look like they can use a little boost. I too had an overabundance of males recently! I should've popped more seeds, oh well....everythings looking great here, I love watching the magic unfold.

Week 3 flo - mid week

I have decided to give the NHS plants, the double quantity of nutrient compared to the Angels Breathe, due to the Skunk lineage ...

So it's the same feeding schedule than the Jack Herer.

And they seem to like it :D

Attachments

• Week 9 Session - Week 3 Flo - 6.JPG
    Week 9 Session - Week 3 Flo - 6.JPG
    857.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Week 9 Session - Week 3 Flo - 5.JPG
    Week 9 Session - Week 3 Flo - 5.JPG
    876.8 KB · Views: 15
Do you use any sort of support like trellis or tomato cage? They look great with the wide canopy, Id imagine with XL cola's - could be hard to keep off the ground.

Yes, I have a trellis/net ready if the flowers get too big to support.

But for the moment I never had to use it coz my veg time is never long enough to face flower weigth related issues.

Cheers
DA

NB : I'm starting a new growth with SSH and that one will have a much longer veg time ... :rolleyes:

Thats awesome, MNS strains i have up next are Angel heart and Medicine man! A few months out I have The Shit and la nina... just germinated.

Week 5 Flo

So, to make space in one tent to start growing Super Silver Haze :rolleyes:, we have merged the NHS with the Jack Herer, and now we have both smiling on the pictures.

There's a small Magnesium deficiency on the Jack Herer but it's not going to be easy to fix it totally before the harvest, with the same feeding than for the NHS.

But it's ok :cool:

Attachments

• Week 10 Session - Week 5 Flo - 7.JPG
    Week 10 Session - Week 5 Flo - 7.JPG
    864.5 KB · Views: 59
  • Week 10 Session - Week 5 Flo - 6.JPG
    Week 10 Session - Week 5 Flo - 6.JPG
    870.1 KB · Views: 61
  • Week 10 Session - Week 5 Flo - 5.JPG
    Week 10 Session - Week 5 Flo - 5.JPG
    864.1 KB · Views: 49
Week 7 Flo - Mid week