NH questions 2015

Junglejim1212

After completing 35+ strains I think I'm finally ready to take on NH. In a few weeks I will be ordering a pack of NH. I am searching for the "old school haze"
"Piff" " uptown haze". The hazy taste and smell with a lasting high. Most of the ones I have down average 10-14 weeks completion time in organic soil.

My questions are as follows:

1. Do you recommend doing a whole pack at once selecting the females and from their or doing a few at a time?

2. What is the average flowering time?

3. Do any finish early? If so are the early ones just as good?

4. For those that have done whole packs, would you there are multiple keepers in a pack or multiple packs recommended?

5. When I look at bud shots I see buds with redish hairs coated in crystals but appear to be more on the fluffy side and not dense? I couldn't be wrong only going off pics.

6. How is the yield?

7. Is 11/13 preferred over 12/12? If so why?

8. What makes this strain so special to you?

9. Any luck with breeding males?

10. How does mango haze SSH and NH compare?

11. Is this a knockout potent strain? I've heard if I'm looking for that I should get nordle?

Cheapest place to purchase?

Last edited:
All of these questions can be answered by doing research here on this forum and on Shantis' thread at IC Mag.

Cheapest place to buy is right here directly from Mr Nice.

All of these questions can be answered by doing research here on this forum and on Shantis' thread at IC Mag.

Cheapest place to buy is right here directly from Mr Nice.

What are the prices directly?
For example how much is NH if I order from here? Can I get fast shipping? Tracking?

that's something that shanti can answer for you.
try the auctions and maybe you can get a better price too.
normal price on NH is 115 eu, but shanti offers discounts for mns members and for medical patients.

ive only grown 3 females of NH, so im no expert.
but I would advise growing as many as you can, gives you a better frame of reference as to which ones interest you.

i popped 5 seeds and had 2 males and 3 females.
i used the two males in crosses.
haven't seen much from the resulting seed, but i saw two nice females out of 8, so that's a nice ratio. and none of the other plants were garbage., just not as special.
from the NH females,
I saw a faster one, I think it was around 80 days, and a 120 day one, which I preferred.
the other female was a hermie.

the yield can be good, depends on the plant chosen. the 120 day female i liked had fluffy-ish buds, but the 80 day one had denser indica type buds.

i grew them under 12/12, and the 120 day female started to reveg/reflower towards the end. id say it would be better to give them 11/13 for the last month or two to prevent this from happening.

that's something that shanti can answer for you.
try the auctions and maybe you can get a better price too.
normal price on NH is 115 eu, but shanti offers discounts for mns members and for medical patients.

ive only grown 3 females of NH, so im no expert.
but I would advise growing as many as you can, gives you a better frame of reference as to which ones interest you.

i popped 5 seeds and had 2 males and 3 females.
i used the two males in crosses.
haven't seen much from the resulting seed, but i saw two nice females out of 8, so that's a nice ratio. and none of the other plants were garbage., just not as special.
from the NH females,
I saw a faster one, I think it was around 80 days, and a 120 day one, which I preferred.
the other female was a hermie.

the yield can be good, depends on the plant chosen. the 120 day female i liked had fluffy-ish buds, but the 80 day one had denser indica type buds.

i grew them under 12/12, and the 120 day female started to reveg/reflower towards the end. id say it would be better to give them 11/13 for the last month or two to prevent this from happening.

Wow so these actually need 11/13? A risk of reveg if not? Hmmm that messes me up because my plan was to add them to my existing 12/12 garden with black widow. Great insight

flowering tropical sativas outside at 5000ft and 40degrees N lat

Used to grow outside in pots. 4 or so yrs ago started in dirt. In 13 I grew Cantalope HZ, Exile purple wreck Jam Pearl. I thought I'd try some real sativas. I grew hashplant Hz ( a foul smell and no taste. the high was OK no more DNA). I also grew Nevil's Skunk and nirv Oaxaca and a freebee super Haze from Delicious. Ended up with 3 N SK 2 HPH 2 Oaxaca fems. All plants were done when a storm came in and lowered th Temp ~70 degrees F in 14 hrs.
The Mexican was done mid late Oct. N Sk started putting out pistils in aug but it was pitiful. I expected this. The weather in Oct was warm 70's- 80s cool at night. One night it was 78 F day and 40 night. The trics were pilling on.
The 3 N SK were large. one was a sk pheno it also matured early. It yielded #s. Growing these plants taught me what haze smells like. the super haze was really later. I started harvesting the lower branchres. The upper ones went from fluffy minibuds to 3rd and 4th branching fron early Oct to early Nov. the buds weren't hard but the smell and hifg were up there. I was smoking a joint when I sat down a13. If I could predict the weather like the climate change people I would have grown N SK again since I had AFG 1 out till 11/26.

Back