Nev's Haze in super soil? (Too hot?)

Fluffhead

Hey folks,

First off, I'd like to thank Shanti, Nev and all of you so much for your contributions on this board. This resource blows away anything any other breeder has to offer. Pretty sure I'm MNS for life now and to think, before I ran across this board I was going to be picking up super lemon haze seeds :(

But alas, I realized where the real haze was at and Attitude promptly shipped my friend a nice sealed pack of Nev's haze and I couldn't be more excited!!! I am first sexing 6 of em then growing out the females from clone after a 1 month veg (I want em to get big :) ).

I normally grow in aero but after alot of reading have become really interested in vic high's/subcool's super soil recipe. My question however is whether you guys think this super soil will be too hot for the Nev's to handle? Maybe I should tweak it to less N or just use top-dressings of it? Any input you guys have would be great!!

here is a link to subcool's soil guide
http://hightimes.com/grow/subcool/5728

Thanks!

Nobody? Okay, well, looks like I'm in a little bit of a hazy area... :)

So let me know how this sounds. From what I've read here, the consensus on NH is that it doesn't like nitrogen alot. Therefore, I decided i'm going to use subcool's recipe except foregoing the bloodmeal (the only high nitrogen source) then if I see any N deficiency I'll just hit it with a little N fert.

Currently have 3 babies about a week old, straight to 12/12 from seed, everything looks great so far. Letting them go until sex, once sexed I am taking every single available cutting and storing them in fridge stasis while I sex out 3 more plants (to stay under plant minimum). I'm hoping I get 2-4 fems between the 6 plants, i will then root those clones and veg em for about a month before going into flower. I am going to set up a 1000w vertically and position the trees around the light in a vertical scrog so I don't have to worry about how tall they get. They will finish in 7 gallon (#10) containers (will this be big enough?) with the bottom 1/3 or less full of the super soil. I am also considering doing a side by side aero-organic vs. dirt-organic on one of the plants for fun. I won't be posting pics until i have something worthy of posting.

Thanks for reading

I always started my NH under 12/12 hours of light. You don't need a veg room for them. They'd still grow to 6 feet.
N.

Back