Nevils Haze outdoor in New england

wwwwww

I am fairly good at outdoor growing, and next season have decided to take on a new challenge- grow NH outdoors at 43 degrees north. My date where there will definitely be no frost is Memorial Day weekend (end of may). I have the ability to get them started indoors, and will do so. My end of season date usually is First of november (when it really starts to get cold/first frost). I have a few ideas/plans on how I may do this, but I want to hear from the outdoor and Nevils Haze pros what they would do and compare it to my thinking. Let me know what you guys would do.

That stuff flowers 4 months. I doubt if it will finish.

Maybe they would be finished if you ran them on 24 hours, and then put them out the 1st week of July. Maybe. They need to start flower in early July to finsh in early Nov.

I am fairly good at outdoor growing, and next season have decided to take on a new challenge- grow NH outdoors at 43 degrees north. My date where there will definitely be no frost is Memorial Day weekend (end of may). I have the ability to get them started indoors, and will do so. My end of season date usually is First of november (when it really starts to get cold/first frost). I have a few ideas/plans on how I may do this, but I want to hear from the outdoor and Nevils Haze pros what they would do and compare it to my thinking. Let me know what you guys would do.

give it up :D

it's impossible

do you have read the strain description ?

best regards

I'm in Massachusetts, and even with the mild late autumn we've had the last two years, you're going to need a greenhouse to finish, and a heated one at that. PM me if you're interested in a geothermal system for your greenhouse. :)

Ok so it seems like my idea is a little crazy. I was thinking this: Start NH seeds on 4/20/18. They then have some time to get a good structure and veg indoors. In the last week of june/first week of july, They will be put outside. They will be placed on the west side of a field so they start getting sun at about seven am. The direct sun will stop at noon, as there are trees right on the edge of the field. the wood sare very thick, and should limit the sun. if needed I can also do the covering them at 5 pm and uncover at 7 am so they get ten hours of sun per day. This should send them into immediate flower, and finish end of october. does anyone think this will work?

If you can fully commit to a rigid light deprivation schedule then you could do it. You could force them to flower early and hard, and start on or around the Summer Solstice and that would give them a few months of decent flowering weather.

Also, you want them to veg outdoors as long as possible. Start them indoors early and get them established and then put them outdoors as early in the season as you can. The plant will always grow better under the giant nuclear reaction in the sky than under your indoor lights =D

Direct sun or shade doesn't really matter when talking about hours of light in the day, they all count equally. You want the most direct hours you can get, preferably a southern or southeastern facing hill.

If you haven't actually bought the seeds yet, just go for Early Haze. It will grow itself, you won't have to worry about light deprivation, it will be mold resistant, and it will be some top shelf smoke. It was bred as a way to get a Haze to finish outdoors in a moderate climate; I think it is the strain you are really looking for.

Good luck with whatever you choose!

I already bought the NH seeds. Where would the fun be if I were doing something meant for my region. Now it really sounds like a challenge, but I know I can do it, even if it means pulling them a few weeks early. Plus, no one I know has ever experienced a true haze. They all have poorly grown indoor and think its good. If I can pull this off, then they will know the real power of haze. ;)

Best of luck W.. I too am in New England (Ma.), the weather here can be so unpredictable. We had a pretty hard frost Friday night. Do you have an indoor spot? Could you give them 6-8 weeks of 12/12 then put them out around Sept 1 and hope they don't revert. IDK best I can think of other then light dep.

one of the best feeling one can get - in correlation to weed - is to make the impossible possible!
especially when its against all odds ...

in that case - go for it - there are "tools n tricks" to successfully manage what you are up to

its not easy - but not impossible either

i will throw some tips here n there into this thread to keep your motivation up

At minimum your going to need a self darkening greenhouse (unless you plan to live at the greenhouse to manually do it) and a way to heat said greenhouse. A makeshift propane heater for example will kill the plants within hours if not ventilated properly, so you'll need a furnace with ventilation or electric heating.

I have grown NH outdoor and the tips you all gave are awesome and absolutely correct.

You must make a selection indoor for the pheno that starts the flowering with more than 12.5 hours of light.

take clones and put THE CLONES in the field because they will start the flowering minimum 15 days before the mother.

I'm in Itlay and here the pheno I tried outdoor started the flowering process the 25th of august. I did it 2 years ago but I was really super lucky with the weather because the first cold came in the first week of december and I was able to harvest early but incredibly high quality buds.

It is a real challenge where you are...Take clones from a selected mother and force them to flower the 10th of august or before..I bet you will win the challenge!

I had some skunks from 2006 beginning to flower the 5th of september but they incredibly finished the 15 th of november with 25% of buds in total botritis.

NH no fungus, no mold no mites, no nothing, only quality! In my opinion one of the best plants ever bred in the last decades. You can never forget that particular taste in the end...it can be only NH.

I have grown NH outdoor and the tips you all gave are awesome and absolutely correct.

You must make a selection indoor for the pheno that starts the flowering with more than 12.5 hours of light.

take clones and put THE CLONES in the field because they will start the flowering minimum 15 days before the mother.

I'm in Itlay and here the pheno I tried outdoor started the flowering process the 25th of august. I did it 2 years ago but I was really super lucky with the weather because the first cold came in the first week of december and I was able to harvest early but incredibly high quality buds.

It is a real challenge where you are...Take clones from a selected mother and force them to flower the 10th of august or before..I bet you will win the challenge!

The problem is it starts to get cold in new england the end of sept into oct. You can easily have frost in Oct here in new england, never mind all the cold wet rain we get that destroys whole crops in a matter of a day.

Personally, you might as well stay indoor, or get another strain to run with it. So you dont completely lose out if it doesn't finish.Because cutting a few weeks early is a lot of weight and potency.

How did this go brother?

give it up :D

it's impossible

do you have read the strain description ?

best regards
LOL, I was hoping you were wrong, or that he may have been able to cultivate something worthwhile

i think why no try to do a lot of seeds outdors 50 or 100 and try to keep the earlyest of all

a lot of chance you need to found somethings

Back