Neville's Haze/the Doors

donb

What's the difference between Neville's Hz & the Doors.. It looks like they each have 75% Haze and 25% NL5; both having Hz A & Hz C.

Here's how I interpret the strain listings:
Neville's Hz: [NL5 x Hz A] crossed with Hz C. Result = 25% Hz A, 50% Hz C, 25% NL5.
The Doors: [NL5 x Hz A] crossed with [HzA x HzC]. Result = 50% Hz A, 25% Hz C, 25% NL5

Am I right, is the difference in that NH has twice the Hz C as Hz A; and the Doors have twice the Hz A as Hz C?? I read a little discussion somewehre one time on the differences between Hz A and Hz C, could anyone point to where it's discussed, or maybe u've got it memorized..!?

I read or heard something somewhere once, or maybe I even saw some kind of doc, where a troubled Jim Morrison (lead singer of the Doors) took a dump right on stage as the band was performing..
As I heard, he was ripping drunk, not high. So I'm happy however much punch that Haze A has, it doesn't make one do things like that!

Last edited:
nevils haze is (nl5 x haze A) x haze C
doors is nl5A#2 x shanti's haze ac male, i believe
a new nl5 haze A was selected, and crossed to the ac.

what the difference is in the plants i could not say, im growing my first nevils right now and the doors is going to be in my next order.

Sounds great and for the price u can't go wrong!

The Doors $97.18
Neville's Haze $165

@ Attitude

So I can PM Shanti and buy direct? I'd a lot rather get the 3 extra seeds.

Joshua it doesn't look like The Doors do skunk either.. no, Jim Morrison just shat on the stage that's all.

Last edited:
there is skunk in it from the ac male side of the family.
the ac is (nl5x haze A) x (skunk x haze C), the the reverse of mango haze as far as the a and c placement.

If I was the breeder of my favourite Camellia Japonica cultivar ("Desire") I would leave the genetic information in my Will for all prosterity, but why should I tell anyone what the genetics are if I don't want to for whatever reason I don't want to while I'm alive?

So hundreds of $$$ hungry profiteers can make tons of money selling inferior copies of the prettiest Camellia flower on Earth?

Do Monsanto release the genetics of their seeds!?

diddley

well didds, that is the difference between greed and generosity.

if you love your desire so much, wouldnt you want to see it flourish all over while you are alive?

or you could keep it to yourself so not many can enjoy it until the info comes out after you die. whats the point?

personally, i think shanti and nevil like the fact that they are spreading some of the best genetics around the world.

Shantibaba must be kind of an educator at heart. I'm glad he lets us join in the fun.

I have to admit also I'm pining for a hybrid or line that's sans Skunk. Some of it is in what I am growing and I don't really think the odor is so attractive. Well I'd have it if that was all there were.

I have to admit also I'm pining for a hybrid or line that's sans Skunk. Some of it is in what I am growing and I don't really think the odor is so attractive. Well I'd have it if that was all there were.

No skunk in Nevilles Haze, its Nl5/HzAxHzC, always has been always will be.

Wasn't it 5HzC x HzAC instead of 5HzA x HzAC?
YS

Yeah, that's what I remember, too. [NL5xHzC] x [(NL5xHzA)x(SkHzC)] is the full pedigree, with the NL5HzA female in the male side of the pedigree being a new selection from seed. I understand the utility of altering the pedigrees to make something like The Doors 75 percent Haze or The Cure as 50 percent Haze despite the real pedigrees. It's easier on the eyes, for sure, and it's an easy way for people to gage how stretchy/sativa-like the plant should end up being, which is an important factor when deciding on seed.

However, you could just as easily give a better description of the plant's growth habits somewhere else on the strain page and keep the pedigrees accurate. Also, there are other pedigrees which we have unanswered questions about, such as NL5xAfghan having 25 percent Skunk, and whether Ortega is NL1xNL5 or AfTxOrt15. Then there's La Nina, where we've had our questions clearly answered but it is still offered as a Haze hybrid on the strain page.

ESS

greedy breeders?

well didds, that is the difference between greed and generosity.

if you love your desire so much, wouldnt you want to see it flourish all over while you are alive?

or you could keep it to yourself so not many can enjoy it until the info comes out after you die. whats the point?

personally, i think shanti and nevil like the fact that they are spreading some of the best genetics around the world.

I was talking about the intellectual knowledge, not the product of that knowledge jack, and to imply that I was suggesting that "treasures" should be hoarded for one's own pleasure is taking my point out of context, and is spurious. Where did I say that the hoarding of the product of one's intellectual knowledge is desirable? all I was saying was if I have knowledge that I don't want others to know why should I share it if I don't want to for whatever reason? Why do you automatically assume that I'm advocating greed? Isn't wanting what I have and you don't greed jack?

Sensi...If you are going to refuse to pay for a product of someone elses intellectual knowledge unless you get that knowledge as well that is your choice as a customer, but then you don't get the product you desire which seems pretty silly in my opinion.

Do you guys work for free, or do you expect to get paid for it was my point, but apparently you think you have a right to Nevil's & Shanti's notebooks because you buy their seeds!?

certainly i dont expect anything from anyone, only to get what i pay for.
i think its great that they are willing to share their information freely,

i think you mistook my post, i was saying that breeders who would not divulge the origins of their strains as they know it, could be considered greedy. what is the point of them keeping that knowledge secret? so they are the only ones that can produce it, securing a financial foothold on it.

on the other side, the generous would be shanti and nevil who share this information. of course, they sell product too. and with the knowledge they freely give, one could ATTEMPT to reproduce their product.
and thats where it gets interesting.
could just anyone reproduce THEIR product just because they have that knowledge? not in a long shot, its their experience working with the plants and their selections that make their product.
They share the knowledge that they can because they want us all to have better. to help us understand the plant better and to improve the plant.

Hi Jack,
Just read the thread, again, and i can't find any reference about the 5Hz mother in the doors being 5HzA.
The AC father being 5HzA(2)xSkHzC has the new A5 in it, no doubt.
But as i remember it the doors being 5HzCxHzAC, witch doens't mean i'm against the A5 mother, quite contrary actually.
I would love the new A5 as a mom for the riders on the storm-strain but i'm still not convinced about her being it.
Maybe shanti can enlighten us, if the good man finds the time...
YS

i thought there was a mention of the doors being (nl5(a2)) x (nl5a x skunkC)
if not, im sorry i sent you on a wild goose chase.
ill go back and look for what i thought was mentioned in there.

however, it was just a comment by some member i think, so it could be wrong. it was just never disputed so i thought it stood its ground.

Back