Neville's haze outdoor organic

ahLong

Hiya,
i live in the mountains at about 600 m above sea level at 24 degrees North of the equator. Semi tropical, hot , wet summers during June July Aug and gets cool in November. I have started a dozen Nev. Haze seeds which I intend to grow out this year. They are one week old now and all are about 2 inches tall and are in the ground , the sun rises now about 7 am and sets at 730 pm.
Who grows Nev. haze outdoors? what can I expect from these plants and when should I expect then to show sex and flower? Will they finish by Nov?

For comparison , I also grow hemp. Last year I planted hemp in late feb. The males showed themselves in June and the females showed sex by July/Aug and were finished by mid nov. The tallest girls were 5 m tall

Does Neville's Haze have a similar life?

cheers

Not sure if Nev's Haze is the best variety to grow outdoor, they take notoriously long to finish.

But in your area, maybe it'll work. Finger's crossed!

Nev Haze Outdoors

I've grown Mr Nice strains outdoors for five seasons in a row at 45 degrees South temperate rainforest with snow in June. Nev Haze is very variable in that 70% plants are very late but 10% can be early. Not a very high ratio I know. If I plant in Spring which is Sept-Oct then the late Nev Hze finish two weeks into June if at all but I've had early ones finished by end of April. That was two out of thirty. Not only finish late but flower at a ridiculously slow rate if temps drop. Very technical plant to grow but a good Neville Haze is truly exceptional in terms of potency.

I personally believe the most under rated strain at Mr Nice seeds is The Doors. Like I've said I've grown five seasons in a row of Black Widow, Mango Haze, Neville Haze, Neville Skunk, The Doors, U2 and Early Haze and The Doors wins best plant every season by miles so far. The buds are very similar to Nev haze buds but often smell strongly of Mango... they form much faster and finish earlier than Nev Haze and some phenos pack a real wallop. It is even more variable than Nev Hze in terms of some plants being early and some late and some are bushy and short and some are very sativa leaning but you can get very early ones that are still potent.

Anyway I originally intended to rework Nev Hz over successive seasons but ended up reworking The Doors instead... crossing it to Thai82 for my personal killer strain.

Getting back to Nev Hz it is April now and I have one doors with say 3 weeks left to go.... the rest 5 weeks but could probably pull in four... except three nev hze that are ONE WEEK into flowering. They will not finish before winter kills them.

Overall the Nev Hze are even slower than my Thai landrace lines but to me personally it is still worth growing just to get that super powerful one every now and then... but it means growing plants for nothing every season because they don't finish.

Hope that helps.

Scrubdog

Good to see you posting again Scrubdog. I've always enjoyed your posts and finishing a few Neville's right now- your tip on heat is very useful.

Aloha M

I've grown Mr Nice strains outdoors for five seasons in a row at 45 degrees South temperate rainforest with snow in June. Nev Haze is very variable in that 70% plants are very late but 10% can be early. Not a very high ratio I know. If I plant in Spring which is Sept-Oct then the late Nev Hze finish two weeks into June if at all but I've had early ones finished by end of April. That was two out of thirty. Not only finish late but flower at a ridiculously slow rate if temps drop. Very technical plant to grow but a good Neville Haze is truly exceptional in terms of potency.

I personally believe the most under rated strain at Mr Nice seeds is The Doors. Like I've said I've grown five seasons in a row of Black Widow, Mango Haze, Neville Haze, Neville Skunk, The Doors, U2 and Early Haze and The Doors wins best plant every season by miles so far. The buds are very similar to Nev haze buds but often smell strongly of Mango... they form much faster and finish earlier than Nev Haze and some phenos pack a real wallop. It is even more variable than Nev Hze in terms of some plants being early and some late and some are bushy and short and some are very sativa leaning but you can get very early ones that are still potent.

Anyway I originally intended to rework Nev Hz over successive seasons but ended up reworking The Doors instead... crossing it to Thai82 for my personal killer strain.

Getting back to Nev Hz it is April now and I have one doors with say 3 weeks left to go.... the rest 5 weeks but could probably pull in four... except three nev hze that are ONE WEEK into flowering. They will not finish before winter kills them.

Overall the Nev Hze are even slower than my Thai landrace lines but to me personally it is still worth growing just to get that super powerful one every now and then... but it means growing plants for nothing every season because they don't finish.

Hope that helps.

Scrubdog

wow, gr8 info, thanks a lot. Gives me hope as its not too cold here in dec , no frosts so theres a chance some may do OK. I also have The Doors and several other from Mr Nice , I plan to grow them next year as I already have 15 strains on for this year, maybe neville's can finish if i am lucky

NH

I still have four NH going outdoors and I'll post some photos eventually.

However... I'm pulling mature Doors and Nev Skunk and now Mango Hz pretty much daily... but NH has barely got going... no resin yet...

snow in six weeks and all the plants are already slowing down as temps fall so those NH are doomed...

far right... Doors... two plants with yellow leaves are Mango Hz... then three Nev Hz... then tall plant is Nev Hz X Thai... then far left is Nev Skunk

crop11.jpg

far right... The Doors (indica pheno... top buds taken already)... then Nev Hz X Thai82 (my own cross I did last year)... then two Nev Hz

blahzz1.jpg

scrubdog

Last edited:
Nev pics JULY

This is an interesting grow this year, the weather has been unusual and its not the best for growing , still most plants are doing quite well despite soo much cloud this year ( where the fuck is the sun ?)
Not only has it been wet early in the year and the sun has been missing for too long, I also have had the most number of deformed plants EVER.
Some of the deformations /mutations may , i believe , be attributed to the local climate conditions ( 600 m in elevation and 24 Deg NORTH ) and some may be due to the growth stimulants I used in early veg . I am growing organically in soil , outdoors in sunshine ( when its there) and using homemade ferts from animal manure(pig/chickens and ducks). I use H & G ROOTS EXCELURATOR and HOLLAND FORGE 'S NITROZYME in grow. Has anyone used this combination of supplements? Noticed any mutations?
anyways, a walk around the garden this week and taken a few pics, showing Neville's haze, SSH , SHIT , Black Widow (very small -still in pots not in ground as yet) and some of the other lines of Kush from Emerald Triangle and Cali Connection. Most pics will show MR NICE plants but there are a few others in the shots.
The biggest plants in the shots are from bag seed obtained in SOUTH INDIA last year, a local strain . Nev and the south india strain were both planted as seed in March. SSH and SHIT seed was started in MAY. Black Widow started June. The other kush's get started indoors under 18/6 before going outdoors to flower. The Nev. India , SSH and SHIT just went str8 into the ground. Nev is now about 2 m high and with many stems due to early tipping. The India strain is about 3m high massive bloody plants . I am waiting for Nev to turn and then wait n see IF i get lucky and NEV can finish here. ALL the other strains will finish in time, ONLY NEV is in doubt.
I always knew NEV would be a risk but i dont mind trying, we dont get frost till mid JAN/FEB.

*I dont know how to add pics ( how come on some posts I can see pics and on other posts I see a link to pics? I am uploading pics to dropbox now and will put a link up shortly so ya can see how NEV is doing up here in the mountains ;)

This is an interesting grow this year, the weather has been unusual and its not the best for growing , still most plants are doing quite well despite soo much cloud this year ( where the fuck is the sun ?)
Not only has it been wet early in the year and the sun has been missing for too long, I also have had the most number of deformed plants EVER.
Some of the deformations /mutations may , i believe , be attributed to the local climate conditions ( 600 m in elevation and 24 Deg NORTH ) and some may be due to the growth stimulants I used in early veg . I am growing organically in soil , outdoors in sunshine ( when its there) and using homemade ferts from animal manure(pig/chickens and ducks). I use H & G ROOTS EXCELURATOR and HOLLAND FORGE 'S NITROZYME in grow. Has anyone used this combination of supplements? Noticed any mutations?
anyways, a walk around the garden this week and taken a few pics, showing Neville's haze, SSH , SHIT , Black Widow (very small -still in pots not in ground as yet) and some of the other lines of Kush from Emerald Triangle and Cali Connection. Most pics will show MR NICE plants but there are a few others in the shots.
The biggest plants in the shots are from bag seed obtained in SOUTH INDIA last year, a local strain . Nev and the south india strain were both planted as seed in March. SSH and SHIT seed was started in MAY. Black Widow started June. The other kush's get started indoors under 18/6 before going outdoors to flower. The Nev. India , SSH and SHIT just went str8 into the ground. Nev is now about 2 m high and with many stems due to early tipping. The India strain is about 3m high massive bloody plants . I am waiting for Nev to turn and then wait n see IF i get lucky and NEV can finish here. ALL the other strains will finish in time, ONLY NEV is in doubt.
I always knew NEV would be a risk but i dont mind trying, we dont get frost till mid JAN/FEB.

*I dont know how to add pics ( how come on some posts I can see pics and on other posts I see a link to pics? I am uploading pics to dropbox now and will put a link up shortly so ya can see how NEV is doing up here in the mountains ;)
Hello Everyone, I'm a new member and proud to be here. I've been reading these posts for a while and have appreciated all of the information shared. I grew Neville's Haze in Southern California ( I live near Disneyland) I NEEDED to try to grow a real haze because even though Cannabis is legal in CA- the commercial growers wont even consider growing anything much past 10 weeks... let alone 14-16. I was successful with one plant and got lucky to find a phenol that finished mid November.

Here's a write up I did for aventuraorganics.com _ not a solicitation - but this is my business.

We got started really late in the season and didn’t germinate until July 4th. It really wouldn’t have made sense with any other strain. We screwed up and didn’t take into account the dry weather, seven of our nine seedlings dried out and died in a 100 degree Santa Ana wind storm, it was really sad. I should clarify that the seed packet was 18seeds but I gifted a friend the other half. Pressing on with the two that survived, we nursed them along until they were about 12″ tall and then planted them directly into the earth. The grow medium was compiled of sand, top soil, perlite, and vermiculite, and lightly amended with nitrogen. One plant doubled in size in 7 days but the other was a runt, we kept both until they showed their sex and were fortunate that the strong one was female. The runt turned out male and was quickly discarded. So here I was with this female Neville’s Haze plant in full sun and she just soaked it up. Temps were common between 95 and 100 so we created a shade/bug cloth that seemed to help. Unlike the others the NH plant seemed basically unaffected by the high temps – she was a trooper. The plant seemed to grow an inch a day and so by Oct 1st-ish she stood about 5′ tall. I had some other plants that had almost finished by the time the NH even started putting flowers together but I knew this would be a very special plant.

By November 1st the resin had developed plump heads and was absolutely reflective in the sunlight. Picking developed resin can be, to some degree, a matter of taste. With NH being nearly pure sativa I wanted to emphasize her cerebral characteristics and cut when the trichomes’ heads were mostly clear and only about 25% had turned milky. Not every flower finished at the same time so I only cut what I found to be done and was obsessive with checking small cuttings under a microscope. By Nov 10th she was down. I tried to control drying as best as I could and took special caution to not dry too fast. After 10 days I put everything in jars to cure and opened them daily for fresh air. Final dry weight was 8oz and I think that’s pretty impressive considering she started in July. I can only imagine the size of this thing had she started in April – monster!

I just received a seed order from MNS and have germinated a pack of Neville's Haze - The Doors & Critical Haze. All will be grown Outdoor inside a citrus grove - cant wait.

Any Advice?

Thanks to All !!!

Back