Neville's haze,Mango haze help deficiency

Frolk

Hi Guys, just was wondering if anyone can help me.
I ve got:
1 neville's haze and one Mango haze they ve been into flowering for 3 weeks.
They were in 11l pots ( last week mooved to 16l smart pots)
Both over 1m tall they ve been veged for about 6 weeks)
I ve used canna pro soil with a little bit of ECHOTHRIVE charge and super mix soil mix.
I only use rain water and organic molasses every now and again.Watering every 2-3 days
Neville is the furthest out and mango is closer one on the photos.
Nevilles is under 600hps flowering bulb and Mango is under cree 3590 cxb cob (3500k) (6) Led
I ve got some deficiency's and leaves look quite droppy, some stems are purple.
I haven't given any nutes yet, tryed to use kind if super soil and rain water.
Temps are about 28 degrees and 35% rh day time and 22-23 night time.
Any help would be much appreciated

Could be a variety of factors (underfed, poor soil, low pH, low RH, transplant shock). Need to see pics so we can help you.

M.

Could be a variety of factors (underfed, poor soil, low pH, low RH, transplant shock). Need to see pics so we can help you.

M.
Thanks for your reply!
It cant be a transplant shock as it started to happen before i transplanted.
It can't be soil as its a canna promix soil plus added super soil.
Most likely its underfediing i think.
Cant really be ph as i was givin it rain water Ph 6.8 so soil would buffer it anyway.
And i though in organic grow you dont mess around with Ph?
Anyway i can't upload photos at the moment as i think the forum is down and it wouldnt let me.
But i will in a next few days
P.S i gave them biobizz grow and bloom last night so we shall see what will happen

Hi Mr F, rainwater has very little buffering ability as it is almost devoid of ions. Give the runoff water a pH and EC check. That will at least give us a small picture of what is going on in the root zone.

Thanks for your reply!
It cant be a transplant shock as it started to happen before i transplanted.
It can't be soil as its a canna promix soil plus added super soil.
Most likely its underfediing i think.
Cant really be ph as i was givin it rain water Ph 6.8 so soil would buffer it anyway.
And i though in organic grow you dont mess around with Ph?
Anyway i can't upload photos at the moment as i think the forum is down and it wouldnt let me.
But i will in a next few days
P.S i gave them biobizz grow and bloom last night so we shall see what will happen

Ok glad we could eliminate some possibilities. They way they react to that feed will tell you a lot more. I just picked up the BioBuzz line. You ever tried their Heaven or TopMax? From what I hear if you hit those plants with a bit of Heaven along with the Grow and Bloom they would respond/recover almost immediately.

M.

I haven't tryed heaven, i dont have it.
But gave them some grow bloom algamic and topmax last night.
Hope she will recover quickly.
Nevilles is actually not ao bad, its mango that suffered the most.
And by the look of it yesterday mango is week or two behind.
I ll try to take som more pictures.
And wanna say thanks for your help guys.

[url]http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/members/frolk-albums-mango-haze-neville-s-haze-grow-picture12363-image.html[/url][IMG]
[url]http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/members/frolk-albums-mango-haze-neville-s-haze-grow-picture12364-image.html[/url][IMG]
[url]http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/members/frolk-albums-mango-haze-neville-s-haze-grow-picture12362-image.html[/url][IMG]
[url]http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/members/frolk-albums-mango-haze-neville-s-haze-grow-picture12359-image.html[/url][IMG]
[url]http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/members/frolk-albums-mango-haze-neville-s-haze-grow-picture12365-image.html[/url][IMG]

Last edited:
[url]http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/members/frolk-albums-mango-haze-neville-s-haze-grow-picture12363-image.html[/url][IMG]
[IMG][url]http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/members/frolk-albums-mango-haze-neville-s-haze-grow-picture12364-image.html[/url][IMG]

Last edited:
Looks like classic nitrogen deficiency. BioBizz Fish Mix would clear that right up. Personally I would foliar feed if that was my plant.

M.

That's exactly what i dont have.
How about organic sea weed exctract or organic chicken manure pellets, may be half of handful?
Would that sort it out?
I already gave them about 750 ppm grow bloom algamic 10ml each and 5ml topmax.

That's exactly what i dont have.
How about organic sea weed exctract or organic chicken manure pellets, may be half of handful?
Would that sort it out?
I already gave them about 750 ppm grow bloom algamic 10ml each and 5ml topmax.

Seaweed extract is great for foliar but has no nitrogen. Chicken manure is great but pellets are slow release and "hot". Any kind of fish emulsion that you can find is ideal. I used Alaskan Fish emulsion and it smelled but was great. Worm castings are a good organic source of nitrogen that won't burn your plants. BioBizz Grow should do the trick, especially if you add Bloom as well. I believe TopMax has a bit of nitrogen too, but not much. 750 ppm means nothing to me. Talk to me in mL per Litre or mL per gallon. Either way, be patient and give your plant time to recover. Increase the N dose as needed, but wait to see how your plant reacts then decide your next course of action. You don't want to overfert.

M.

I must buy some fish emulsion then, what you think of home made fish emulsion vs for example biobizz range?
Also do you just go by ml per litre , you don't check Ph and Ppm?
When you feed organically and light do you still need to get some run off or it doesn't matter so much?
Thanks

I must buy some fish emulsion then, what you think of home made fish emulsion vs for example biobizz range?
Also do you just go by ml per litre , you don't check Ph and Ppm?
When you feed organically and light do you still need to get some run off or it doesn't matter so much?
Thanks

I don't know anything about home made fish emulsion. Sounds fun though. I grow organic in soil so I only check pH of water. BioBizz instructions say if pH of water is 7 then add nutrients and apply to plants. I don't ever "juice" my plants so pH is never usually a problem. If anything I try to underfert as much as possible. Same goes for watering in general. I let my plants run real dry, even to the point of wilting (in veg). I like to bottom feed too, so there is never any run off. Only time there is substantial run off is during the flush at the end.

M.

Hey guys, ok so got some fish mix, 1ml per litre did some foiliar spray on the leaves, how quickly is it gonna make a difference?
As i already gave them some light food twice , 10ml grow 10 algamic 10 bloom 5 topmax to 10l of water.i still have a lot of purple stems and large bottom leaves still keep going yellow a bit.
Any suggestions?

It should only take a few days to recover. Keep in mind the purple stems could be a trait of the variety and not be related to the deficiency. Some of the older growth may never recover its colour. I am unfamiliar with the products that you used how strong a solution did that mix you made give?

The products i ve used Is biobizz range, and the strength was around 750 ppm.
Considering i had a nitrogen deficiency and sativas dont need that much nitrogen... I have seen people start to cut it down bit by bit after 5 weeks flower.
Do you reckon i need to feed it nitrogen a little bit longer as there is still deficiency in my opinion.
Looks to me that Neville's looks slightly lighter than it did before some leaves going yellow too.and also both strains have purple stems so shouldn't really be the variety?!if its not a variety, is it magnesium or nitrogen deficiency?

Purple in the stems is pretty common IME.
I would keep feeding until the deficiency is corrected. 750ppm is good.
Maybe consider hydro next time, I've never looked back

Back