Neville's Haze Indoor

Week 11

MJPassion: thanks for checking it out--glad it's worthwhile for you. Definitely give the SSH a shot (I haven't grown the others, but they do sound equally excellent). My SSH was the first time I had grown out a packet of seeds of such high quality; the difficulty was deciding what to keep (especially with all the males I ended up with). My keeper female was lost by my bro, who was doing the best he could in unkind circumstances to keep it alive while I couldn't grow; I've been smoking the last of it (rationing...), which he grew outdoors here in the valley and cured for 1.5 years--it's phenomenal and has powered much of my writing for the last few months. It also made it's way to California, but I don't know how wide it spread from there (and lost contact with the gentleman I gifted it to). I grew the Plumber's and Bubba Dutch cuts of this strain too (very quick finishers), and they were very nice specimens, but not as high-quality as my 11 weeker. It was a killer plant; beautiful in structure, flavor, yield, potency, and positivity. Overindulgence, for me, leads to low-grade LSD visuals (ex: vaped 4 bags of it, had to lay down, and my ceiling started coalescing and dripping). I will definitely get a couple more packages of the SSH and look for something similar. Good luck!

Scrog: Your La Nina thread was awesome. Fantastic grow, immaculately detailed, and really, really well described. Your experience with the finished product resonated with me as identical to mine with Black Widow. The first 45 minutes were always strongly euphoric and wonderfully mellow, while simultaneously mentally stimulating. After 45 minutes, everything would get dark; the fun thoughts would turn negative and paranoid, though it was always an interesting window into the self. Just not something I liked doing very often. I also felt an obligation to tell those who sampled her that they were going to experience physical disorientation and balance issues as well (I'd find myself walking in to walls). Another experienced psychonaut who tried her summed up his experiences as: "You have to hate yourself to smoke that stuff regularly." That was pretty telling to me. Undoubtedly one of the strongest herbs I've ever encountered.

The interaction between mood and marijuana is a complicated one, but something I am trying to understand a little better. In my experience, certain strains are consistently mood brighteners (blueberry family), some can take you in either direction (up up up or in in in) depending on your state of mind at the time, and others, like the Widow, seem to have a predetermined arc of consciousness affectation. But that's all subject to debate, right?

The Neville's Haze seems to be something different altogether. I had to cut the early finisher down last week due to mildew spreading. She produced 15 beautiful F2 seeds, which were ready at 8 weeks. The resin heads were not fully mature, but at least 50% were cloudy. The flavor is unique; strong cedar funk, with a background note of woody spice. Looks to have yielded between and 1/8th and 1/4 oz. from a 2.5 gallon container. I will post a full smoke report on all the phenos when they come down and are curing, but for now I'll say this: what I've smoked so far has great medical benefit for erasing your brain. A bong-full leaves me walking from room to room with no frontal lobe. What did I have to do today? Shit, what day is it? A profound mind-zapper, but no paranoia (which is kind of what I was expecting from this line) or negativity whatsoever.

Last word: plant update. The early finishers are no longer throwing new calyxes, while the late bloomers are flowering hard. The resin head development is pretty consistent among all plants: ~50% clear / 50% cloudy. The mildew is getting under my skin and causing apprehension; the plan was to flower for 15 weeks, but I don't know if that's going to be possible with its rate of spread. I'll do what I can with scissors until the point of diminishing returns sets in.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Update

8/9 plants were harvested at week 13 and are curing. A PM resistant, long flowerer is still doing its thing, headed towards week 15. I'll let this one continue flowering until it can't.

I'll post detailed smoke reports on each phenotype after they've had some time to cure; the smells are pretty consistent right now, and absolutely nothing like their early flowering aromas--kind of crazy. It's a unique smell that I haven't encountered before, reminiscent of aftershave and cedar funk (similar to a Sagarmatha's "Western Winds" (their version of Kali Mist) I grew long ago, but 10x stronger in fragrance). I'm noting some uncanny fuel or acetone undertones that match a note in a Chem4 that finished at the same time. After all of Neville's descriptions of how the NL5xHazeA got incorporated in many breeding projects around the world, it would not surprise me. Of course I had to pollinate part of the Chem4 with Nev. Haze pollen to test this theory, so I have a couple hundred seeds ready for experiments in the fall.

Yields were pretty abysmal, but I expected that. Two (maybe three?) plants emerged as worthwhile to run again; (1) the fast-flowering spindly thai leaner that I was infatuated with from the beginning, and (2) a spiraled flower, thai-looking critter that produced better than most and resembles the keeper selected by L33t. The high is strongest with this one in early trials, but more on that later.

Thanks to all who have read and/or commented--I really appreciate the interest that you have shown in this heirloom variety. Are the northern hemisphere folks getting ready for the outdoor season? I just planted 36 Early Queen seeds this morning. Stoked.

Great job done here socioecologist. This kind of thread are quite fruitful in the knowledge gaining process. It is very much helping to the beginners like me. Here your system is very good and seems to be lots of hardwork done here.

It feels like a lifetime ago, but this thread and the remaining Mr. Nice crew deserves an update. I lost access to my account (had it tied to grad school email address that went defunct after I defended my dissertation), so you'll just have to trust that the face behind the name remains concordant with the previous style and descriptions.

I ended up putting four or five of my NH outdoors in my (then) small garden for the summer of 2011. They were light depped from July 1st through August and finished in early November. Again, very low yields and as-expected fluffy flowers. I gave much of it away and have been lucky enough to test some well preserved samples when visiting these friends. If you can wait, these flowers are truly exceptional after 2.5-3 years of aging. They are legendary to everyone who has tried them.

Unfortunately (as the story goes), all examples were lost. All of the seeds from my breeding projects were lost as well (thanks police state). Truly one of the biggest hits I've ever experienced (~5000 seeds from several projects). But we're rebounding. 2 packs of Neville's Haze were soaked 2 weeks ago. 34 seedlings made it and are vegging under CFLs right now. They will be an interesting punctuation on my current joint venture (an 86 acre medical farm).

Here's to 2015!

However, I will say this: I'm not surprised that DJ Short developed his blue lines in Oregon. If the fuzzy green herb is part of your PNW survival toolkit, you have to select for kind and uplifting varieties to maintain your sanity.

Well said and I hope your 2015 grow is exceptional. Please post lots of pictures so we can all drool. :D

Back