Neville's Haze Indoor 2017

hi deran :) happy to see u too :)

I know for sure pure sativas that are kept in solo cups ( even if not super rootbound , it seems like the roots not going super deep sends a signal ) flowering will be induced much faster than sisters in big unrestricted containers, up to 30 days faster. A strain that needs 16weeks in unrestricted containers will finish around 12weeks if u let it in small pot to start flowering then transplant after stretch has stopped. And contrary to what most people will think yields didn't suffer proportionally. But you have to get the timing right... and it's also plant dependant. Once the hormones have "settled" you can then transplant and finish properly.

It's a very good technique to finish equatorial sativas indoors without taking months.

I've never seen the nevils haze hermie though no matter the stress being it from too much light or extreme rootbound and I've grown it for 6 years.

I know for sure pure sativas that are kept in solo cups ( even if not super rootbound , it seems like the roots not going super deep sends a signal ) flowering will be induced much faster than sisters in big unrestricted containers, up to 30 days faster. A strain that needs 16weeks in unrestricted containers will finish around 12weeks if u let it in small pot to start flowering then transplant after stretch has stopped. And contrary to what most people will think yields didn't suffer proportionally. But you have to get the timing right... and it's also plant dependant. Once the hormones have "settled" you can then transplant and finish properly.

It's a very good technique to finish equatorial sativas indoors without taking months.

I've never seen the nevils haze hermie though no matter the stress being it from too much light or extreme rootbound and I've grown it for 6 years.
Sweet the legend has returned!!:D I don't think I've every seen anyone else with better bud shots than you.

Good info too I'm about to do my first run of Nevilles Haze just got to send the money in but I keep getting robbed on the other strain I'm trying to win and it's always last minute too. lol

While I've had some SSH herm on me in the past, I have yet to have this occur with the Mango and Nevilles lines. I sex in smaller dirt too because of economics. No sense in committing a lot of material for plants that might not make the grade. Vegging them as long as possible before switching over seems to shorten flower time and as Leet said seems to hormonally trigger these fine plants in a good way. Not to mention it keeps my veg room more manageable as these plants can easily get over 3-4" even in 4x4 containers. Aloha M

I have had similar experiences as you musashi. I had 6 out of 7 SSH herm on me last round. Nothing was really to out of the ordinary. But I have never had a mango even throw a flower. I think I know where I will concentrate my efforts in the future...

Great info! I think my problem was that A. Predominantly sativa strains take longer to show sex. Also I could have filled the solo cups all the way to top with soil. Lastly I could have added more EWC and other stuff to these ones in solo cups. Ended up with one more female!

Currently have 5 females, threw away 3 hermies, and the one male I have I'm debating on collecting pollen. I still have it going in a solo cup lol.

L33t,

You are one of the main reasons why I purchased La Niña,after seeing your bud shots. I currently have a few of those going at the moment.

Now dont get me started on the La Nina. What a magnificent plant! One of my favs, a pure delight to grow as the vigor of the widow line is astonishing. And then there is Mango Widow. Ya mon.
Still, the Neville's grow has got to be experienced AND of course shared with your braddahs. Always in rotation for good reason as it is truly sublime and for me, the best of the best.

Cool runnings
M

Sometimes you can save the hermies by pulling the male flowers and fingers crossed it will revert ( if herm'ism was due to stress ) but you can also make a case for just ditching the plant... :)

Stress transference and KIS

Yep. Unfortunately, the "stress" oftentimes than gets transferred to you haha. After this process of trying to save the plant, I have always had the nagging feeling that the whack a mole may appear somewhere else and taint the remaining crop. IMHO, it is best to adhere to L.Burbank methods; eliminate the offender as there is always another seed to plant. I know one braddah that sleeps better that way :D

Aloha braddahs
M

Now dont get me started on the La Nina. What a magnificent plant! One of my favs, a pure delight to grow as the vigor of the widow line is astonishing. And then there is Mango Widow. Ya mon.
Still, the Neville's grow has got to be experienced AND of course shared with your braddahs. Always in rotation for good reason as it is truly sublime and for me, the best of the best.

Cool runnin
M

Interesting thoughts, so you would say the seedlings that are growing crazy fast would be more widow leaning?

Sometimes you can save the hermies by pulling the male flowers and fingers crossed it will revert ( if herm'ism was due to stress ) but you can also make a case for just ditching the plant... :)

I ended up tossing the hermied plants.

5 total females will be enough for now. Waiting for clones to root currently.

Interesting thoughts, so you would say the seedlings that are growing crazy fast would be more widow leaning?

Plain don't know without sufficient data brah.
I can say from my experience, of Widow and it's iterations; the several varieties I have grown with Widow genetics in them have been prolific. I have found gold in every pack of these various varieties.
But back to you braddah, didn't mean to jack the thread.
Subscribe me when you start that La Nina thread cuz I like your style brah :)

Aloha nui
M

vfdqw2.jpg

ng1szo.jpg

Clones rooting.

2dj8hfm.jpg

NH moms.

f4dwt5.jpg

Male NH plant

10hq14g.jpg

23kxn2x.jpg

Sleestack x Skunk. (This strain is on week 7, will be good stuff, nothing crazy frosty like MNS strains tho. 100% organic. Started a few of these when I was waiting for MNS strains to ship.

Regarding the hermies, wouldn't it be most likely that the Thai phenos would be most apt to herm? And wouldn't they also be most desirable in the end? I realize it's water under the bridge of JJ's grow but I'm curious what the experts think.

Enjoying this thread and wishing you all the best.

Regards,
Mark

4 out of 5 NH ladies have been flowerings for about a week now.
Today I will be transplanting them into 3 gallon containers from the 1 gals.

Aloha Jim
Did the Neville's ever finish? What did you find? Understand you are growing the Holy Grail now and I am hoping for a reference point.

🤙
Mu

Aloha Jim
Did the Neville's ever finish? What did you find? Understand you are growing the Holy Grail now and I am hoping for a reference point.

🤙
Mu

Forgot about this thread wow...

So I grew Neville’s haze looking for Piff phenos which I’ve now learned wouldn’t be found in NH.. most went about 16-19 weeks of flower and wasn’t worth it IMO. Went 12/12 seed and most didn’t show sex for a longggg time. Seems like NH isn’t as practical now a days with so many faster finishing strains. Phenos I found also didn’t taste “hazy” can’t really put my finger on the taste. I will say that I only had 3-4 females so def not enough to give a definitive report on NH. Smell was kind of like Heineken or 40 oz beer. Don’t have any pics from that or maybe I do will check...

The potency of SSH was a lot stronger than my NH. Kind of a rant hope that helps.

Back