Neville's Haze Indoor 2017

Hi 👋 good luck with everything and will stop in from time to time as Nevilles has been my best smoke to date other than Afghan x Haze is the most incredible smoke I can attest to.

NH can creep on you in a very serious way and I mean Serious euphoria with certain phenos that will give you a Whitey while your enjoying the euphoria and before you know it your puking your guts out asking God ? Please Please help me and I promise never to touch it again 🙈 Not, enjoy your future harvest it will be very rewarding with the selected pheno.

Great start !

Peace,

RB:p

Hi resinbud,

Thanks for stoping by, what makes Afghan Haze so good in your opinion?

Kw0yImBj.png

Final count 9 out of 12 seeds up and percolating.

Last edited:
Junglejim1212, the AF x Haze MNS is probably the finest breeding plant you could ever want, as a daddy or momma, especially the F2 breeding let alone the high from the Tai pheno or find the Afghan heritage all in a seed. The high is long lasting and the smell is amazing and will HAMMER you ! Or enlighten you, and everyone who tries is comments how special the high is without hang over plus those hollow stems and very thin leaves, just a Spectacular seed line.

Peace,

RB 🤡

Junglejim1212, the AF x Haze MNS is probably the finest breeding plant you could ever want, as a daddy or momma, especially the F2 breeding let alone the high from the Tai pheno or find the Afghan heritage all in a seed. The high is long lasting and the smell is amazing and will HAMMER you ! Or enlighten you, and everyone who tries is comments how special the high is without hang over plus those hollow stems and very thin leaves, just a Spectacular seed line.

Peace,

RB 🤡

Great info Resinbud, I look forward to staring the AH. I just recently received packs of G13Haze,Black Widow (lost my mother after 2 years), La Niña, and AH. I was in a toss up between starting the AH or LN. Decided to start a few LN as well. Currently germinating.

Will post a few pics today.

Upgraded the light this week.

Flower:

Currently running the 1000 watt HPS now and it's amazing. I got the. XXL air cooled hood as well and it looks beautiful.

Veg: I was running a 250 MH/HPS for veg but it was just a pain to run. Switched to LED for veg. It's says it's 450 watts but only runs on 200 or so. It has two swicthes one says VEG and one says BLOOM.

VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series 450W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015FLSOCE/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_awdb_dqTRyb2T19Q2A

Neville's are still under the 1000 watt in solo cups doing 12/12Waiting for sex

Love NH! It is always in rotation. I just wish i could grow 30-40 at a time 😉
The longer times with somewhat lesser yields makes it even more special.
A delight to grow really once one adjusts one's expectations. Looking forward to
your progress!

Aloha
M

2a016wk.jpg

Hello all,

So far one male has been taken out. I forgot to add some more nitrogen to my base soil as it use to be a SOG soil so low nitrogen levels were fine. Started to see some yellowing so I fed them some neptunes harvest organic fish fert.

First take away are that they they love Nitrogen and they aren't a big fan of 75 degrees F either.

First take away are that they they love Nitrogen and they aren't a big fan of 75 degrees F either.

Do you plan to continue a certain level of N throughout the cycle? Care to share your strategy here? I am interested in your temperature comment. What temperature do you feel is optimal?

Aloha
M

Do you plan to continue a certain level of N throughout the cycle? Care to share your strategy here? I am interested in your temperature comment. What temperature do you feel is optimal?

Aloha
M

Musashi,

I have two different soils that I use, one is a base mix which just has a light amount of nutrients. The second is my super soil mix, this mix goes into the bottom of the pots for the flowering plants. Usually 25-50% super soil and the rest is base. For my seedlings in solo cups I generally just use my base soil until they are sexed then transplant. However, the NH seem to require more N then my other plants that I have put in the same base soil. To correct the issue, I will add more EWC, Bio live fertilizer, and a little blood meal to my base soil. For the instant fix I have added Neptune Harvest organic fish fertilizer. The plants have responded well and are returning green. Hoping to sex all the plants by the weekend.

High humidity and not directly under the lights might be good as well.

Hi Dawn,

I have moved them to a less bright spot under the 1000W. With regards to the humidity I don't have a way of adding humidity and they are also in a flowering room so I'd like to keep the humidity down as other ladies are currently blooming.

2a016wk.jpg

Hello all,

So far one male has been taken out. I forgot to add some more nitrogen to my base soil as it use to be a SOG soil so low nitrogen levels were fine. Started to see some yellowing so I fed them some neptunes harvest organic fish fert.

They look like they could use a bigger pot to let those roots spread.

To update,

Of the 12 planted

9 rooted

4 females

1 male

3 hermies (male plants with pistols)

1 still pending

First time I've ever had Hermie male plants from seed immediately after sexing.

I've transplanted the 4 females into 1 gallons and returned to veg.

Took cuttings from 2/4 plants. Still waiting for more veg growth from other 2.

Will update pics soon.

Plants can stress and herm when kept in small containers for too long.

From the pic I would say they were due for a transplant a while ago.
Also: Flowering them in the same small container can also cause further stress and herms. Plants need additional root space once flowering starts. If you flowered them in the same solo cups to determine sex, I would say this can definitely give you inaccurate results.

I suggest transplanting them to slightly larger (maybe 1 gallon or sth) pots before flowering to determine sex next time. This way you can be sure that no herms were caused from the stress of being in pots too small.

Just my 2 cents.

Stay frosty Bro

Plants can stress and herm when kept in small containers for too long.

From the pic I would say they were due for a transplant a while ago.
Also: Flowering them in the same small container can also cause further stress and herms. Plants need additional root space once flowering starts. If you flowered them in the same solo cups to determine sex, I would say this can definitely give you inaccurate results.

I suggest transplanting them to slightly larger (maybe 1 gallon or sth) pots before flowering to determine sex next time. This way you can be sure that no herms were caused from the stress of being in pots too small.

Just my 2 cents.

Stay frosty Bro

lol I've grown over 30-40+ strains and about 5-10 MNS strains. I've done this process of leaving plants in solo cups and sexing them for 6 years and this is the first time. I'm currently doing the exact same thing with La Niña at the moment with zero problems

They also aren't being flowered in solo cups LOL! They are being sexed that is all. Popping seeds in solo cups and putting them right under 12/12 to determine sex is a common method. After they are sexed they get put back into veg.

maybe I should add one more time. I am looking for a female NH cutting to add to my garden. I already have a bunch of stuff up so sorry if I'm not treating this like my only project. I'll update from time to time.

Last edited:
Hey no offense Bro, couldn't really know all that from you...
Or maybe I could I didn't read the entire thread to be honest.

I have considered doing what you suggest is common practice but thought it would cause the plants too much stress and they might herm leaving me with inconclusive results.

So I take cuts instead, root and then flower these to determine sex (and also as a first selection step).

Just an idea.

I was not aware that NH is hermy prone so I was just surprised by your report, looked at the pics and then thought this might be what have happened.

If you never get herms with this method, I guess someone from MRN chiming in would be nice.

hello fellows, nice grow JJ but honestly sexing in little cup little that is not good, 1 liter pot is a minimum and i always use 4 liters. looks at the pic, your plants are not happy. these babies need more space for the root. lots of roots = happy plants. growing in little cup like that is good for 2 weeks old seedlings at max IMO. more it will stress the plants, the roots wont have enough space to grow properly, lack of oxygen will be a problem, nutrients deficiency too and you need to water very often so its definitly a risky game. imagine a baby with too small nappy/diaper, poor baby he will not be happy :)

repot these babies man, they will say thank you and will reward you later be sure.
happy growing JJ, nice video games name by the way ;)

Gizmo

~~~

hello fellows, nice grow JJ but honestly sexing in little cup little that is not good, 1 liter pot is a minimum and i always use 4 liters. looks at the pic, your plants are not happy. these babies need more space for the root. lots of roots = happy plants. growing in little cup like that is good for 2 weeks old seedlings at max IMO. more it will stress the plants, the roots wont have enough space to grow properly, lack of oxygen will be a problem, nutrients deficiency too and you need to water very often so its definitly a risky game. imagine a baby with too small nappy/diaper, poor baby he will not be happy :)

repot these babies man, they will say thank you and will reward you later be sure.
happy growing JJ, nice video games name by the way ;)

Gizmo

~~~

Thanks for the info, the only problem is that in those pics they aren't rootbound. They just required more nitrogen then was in the solo cups. I literally am doing the same method with La Niña right now and they are fine. NH is the first strain I've seen do this.

I get that from looking at the pics one could assume rootbound. But if you look closely rootbound plants in solo cups from what I've seen generally have 5-7 nodes before doing so and these guys were only on like node 2-3.

I also stated that I gave the plants some organic fish fert and they are fine again. Only one left in solo cup and it looks totally different after feeding it. I also stated that these were the only plants in my garden not happy.

Will update later this week. Thanks

Yeah I wouldnt mind sexing in solo cups :) But I do have seen stressed individuals by doing that :)

I've seen a mango haze stressed during early flowering but she turned to fully female.

Lines such as MH/NH I wouldnt be worried that much with hermies

Nevil's haze, Im growing soon again :)

GL we will all need it...

PS unstress them and take a close look, if they continue to be hermie ( I doubt ) just kill em and be careful next time how much you want to stress em

Back