Nevilles Haze (18) , (21) etc

mullumbimby

Gday peoples,

I have a few queries regarding the Nevilles Haze.

Can people give me a rundown on the different Nevilles Hazes -

I have a few in the ground as well as in the nursery, and am considering using it in a breeding project of mine.

I have the Mr Nice Nevilles Haze and the Reeferman Nevilles Haze 21 x Mullumbimby Madness (I was surprised to see they were Fem) and the Oaxacan x Nevilles Haze 18. (The reef strains were both bred by Neville)

I'm really interested in learning about the different parents used and why if anyone could enlighten us.

Also a querie regarding breeding - When crossing, does the Nevilles HAze dominate the cross?
From experience is it better to use the NH as a father or a mother?

Thanks guys!

hi mullumbimby, on the breeding question well to find a killer phenotype of nevils haze is not easy, you have to grow a fair ammount of seeds but you could be lucky too, i cant help on the dominance in the nevils haze used as female or male parents i have not the experience but it will depends on the other parent used too. its logical to use a nevils haze female as it will be easier to find a killer female than a male, good males are always harder to identify you know until you observe and compare their progeny to identify the best father. so to me the nevils haze female parent is the best road to succeed. you can see the strains of mr nice using NH are all bred with a nevils haze female as parent. good luck man.

Last edited:
These mullum crosses aren't strains that Mr Nice has anything to do with. And as far as I know they aint RMS either - check his official website! Remember a lot of controversy about this some time back, caused a shit storm and a lot of people disappeared from here after that. Dont know much detail, but you are asking in the wrong place in my opinion.

No reason to think large numbers were used in Nev's selection of those plants, and every reason to believe they are just regular MNS Nev seeds like they sell here at the auction site.

The 21 is the predominantly sativa pheno and the 18 has a little more NL.
The mullum used is a hybrid of some type (mexican cross maybe?) which helped the finish time a bit.

If I was looking for Nev's haze, I'd buy some seeds from Shanti.

If I wanted Mullum, I wouldn't run the Nev hybrids. That Nev influence dominates it (like everything you cross with Nev's.)

Most people who do a selection of Nev's wind up selecting hybrid to NL dom pheno's with faster finish and serious power.

I don't smoke Nev's or Nev hybrids anymore. Over time, they have some undesirable effects for me.

my 2c -

i ran a few NvlHz from MNS a couple of years ago. 3 days veg as seedlings, then into 12/12. for 20 wks! some fine smoke, but i agree with raho, i couldn't smoke it all day every day. not an easy strain to grow successfully. i haven't attempted it again, yet.
had the pleasure of smoking some NH21 and NH36 as well. both strong. supposedly one is preferred by the ladies and one by men. i don't know which is which...

i've also smoked and grown some NvHz hybrids, most notably a ECSD x NH, and it's superb! so she does cross very well into other stock!

there's too much negative stuff out there about reeferman and his seeds for me to go anywhere near his site, but i know there was some good genes in them beans from a few yrs ago.

generally speaking though, MNS and shanti are the most reliable source of NvlHz beans that i know of.
cR

Thanks for the replys people, I really appreciate it.
I am really interested in the Pure breeding of Nev's Haze and was just curious to hear peoples opinions on the variatioons.
By no means was I trying to promote Reefs seeds, I was merely asking what info was on the the Nevs Haze that Nev used, being, the 18,21 36 etc.

From reading info on these crosses as well as many other Nev haze crosses I am fairly confident the Nevs haze used in those crosses is one and the same as the fine example created and perfected by MNS.

OG Ghost train haze is a perfect example of a modern nev haze cross, in the Nevilles wreck dominating the power, and when crossed to the og made one of the strongest recorded THC %'s which just goes to show the true breeding in the cross.

Can I ask what experiences you guys have smoking Nevs Haze regularly?
personally, I really enjoy many Haze crosses, Thai, Cambodian, Laos,SSH etc, so enjoy the heavy effect of NH, I find it fantastic to paint with, I put on the tunes and just let the haze take my brush - I love it!
It can get me a little paranoid over the other strains, but I just call the paranoia hyper vigilance haha
thanks guys

I don't smoke Nev's or Nev hybrids anymore. Over time, they have some undesirable effects for me.

do you mean something like "psychotic effects" ?

I'm an neville haze addict since many years and I think Nh'high do that : psychotic effects !

that's why I smoke kush and sweet sativa.

I mitigate my psychedelic experience and cannabis addict with indica ! if you sleep, you don't smoke ! no more thc in the machina !

Back