neville *Mango

Hi aktarus,

Mango Haze sounds like an excellent choice. I want to do them myself as I have great expectations about hat hybrid :)

I had PK-13/14 at home, but never noticed any kind of superb results from using it. Maybe because my soilmix was already rich enough. Anyway, it was a different style of growing when comparing to yours… so we can’t measure the differences.

As for black molasses, you can find them in any natural products store. Brand doesn’t matter. It’s canna sugar in liquid form, before being processed. And cheap too. It has K, Mg, and some other micro nutrients. Helps plants remaining healthy and producing those fat buds we all love ;)

Hi ,
I have read everywhere and alot of people using the molasses , i will try to find some .

Is it blackstrap molasse ?

I just may be patient because the plant are working hard and will be putting all the mass at the end i think , the last week are the best hehe :eek:

I dont worry much infact just thinking about improving a little all the time .

For mango haze iam not decided yet , i will decide when re-doing my grow space a little bigger , iam considering SSH also for the fast flowering , cant do 12-14 weeker all the time i will alternate with a faster strain :)

Neville will have its time in my room also but later ; i need some stock before i grow it;for the waiting time .

Hi Buddha ,
I have read this page when i first looked for infos on molasses :)
Thats why i asked about the blackstrap , the one i should use is from canna sugar but that canna is not the thing we grow here , you mean the canne thing ?

Hi aktarus,

You’re right, the one you should use is from canna sugar :)

Ask around in any natural products store, they should have it.
I know it’s used for bakery around here.

Gonna ask for the help of Shanti on this one, as I don’t want to induce you in error.

Barletta told me he uses briar rabbit thats gunna b the molasses i'ma b using in my grows... jus my 2 cents

Keep up the good work homies:D

Yo fellers, molasses is beet sugar. Blackstrap is fed to farm animals to get the Mg, cal, K, and iron benefits. Store brand molasses is usually not blackstrap, I've heard about it being available, and I'v even seen the briar rabbit brand Bud recommends with blackstrap, but I've never actually seen one for sale.

The thing about molasses is that it acts as a chelator - it helps the plant nutrient molecules in the soil/feed better. Similar in action to humates. In a healthy organic setup, there exists a thriving 'micro-life' population. The micro life processes the raw organic nutes (guano, blood meal, kelp) into chemical/molecular forms that the plant can use (soil-food web). The plant uses energy to produce sugars/starches at the root zone to feed the 'micro-life'. The main benefit of molasses, besides the Potassium, is to provide sugars to the rootzone that the plant would otherwise have to spend energy to produce. The plant does not eat the sugar, or absorb the sweetness or anything.

I use the 'briar rabbit full flavored brand', and I did the math one time. I used 21g as the weight of a tablespoon of BRFF, and calculated a nute profile of 0-0-1.4 per tablespoon, with I THINK 1% iron and .5%cal and Mg (the iron, calcium, and magnesium had to be figgured turning "% US RDA" into weights via the usda w.s) I believe that blackstrap is ~double the cal and mag. BRFF is double the nute value of grandma's robust, which is almost double grandma's in the orange label. I have used all 3 with no noticable difference, but the BRFF is available to me for 30cents less a bottle, and I like the taste better in oatmeal and in weed cookies and stuff. I am convinced that the nute values are negligible if you have the K covered in your grow, but the chelation/sugars help a lot. I have seen 'organic' molasses that was ~0-0-7, less cal and mg, whatever, but it was over 6 bux a bottle, almost 3times what I pay for the BRFF, and I have plenty of K :D

Hi aktarus, guys,

Hope all is well.

Sorry for my absence but i got myself a new computer and took a wile to put all installations together :)

How about an update? I would like to see that long legged girl that you have in the distant corner. The one that that looks like a Neville's Haze :D

Hi Guys ,
iam still on a break while someone is taking care of them NH*MH ;)

There will be an update in 2 days i will be back home .

I heard they are full of resin humm :)

The faster pheno i think will be chopped soon , as it had some plain water for 2 week now, 1 more week for him flushing .

Hi i need a little help , now its exactly 5 week i pollinated two branch on two female , what should i do ?

Is there a fixed time to harvest seed , i cant really see them but the pod holding them are swollen .

I feel the plant carrying seed is not ready yet , like 3 week to go or so .
MAy it happen that i have to take the branch with the seed out and dry them anyway as they would be ready by now ?

The leaf tip on the branch with seed seem a little bit burned /dead.Overall all is very fgreen.

Picture to come tomorow.

You are a daddy!!

:D
The seeds need at least 20 days, and you can leave them in the plant until they start to fall out. If you can't see them, then they won't fall out. If they are big and popping the calyxes, you can TRY to pull them out/roll them out, but if the female is very healthy (and not starved of nutrients), the seeds won't fall out. They should only fall out when the plant dies and dries a little.

Let the plant do her thing :D

Hi Patrick , thank you for the help ,

Looking closer i can see a few cracking the calix like you said , not many really .

I think all is good as the plant have like 3 week to go; the seed will remain in the branch and will be well mature by the end of the crop :)

Hey iam happy , i got up this morning and found what look like a few bananas on my fast finishing pheno !!!

I heard those bananas are emergency device from the plant and contain femalle pollen ?

Shanti i would like to get some input from you , do you think those bananas worth doing anything with them and how :)

I will take picture in the afternoon for checking the bananas.

here is the bananas , sorry cant focus enough :
dsc00629.jpg

dsc00630e.jpg

dsc00631.jpg

With magnificent glass looking at banana i can clearly see the pollen !
What should i do , store them in fridge ? cant use them on the long flowering pheno ?

Take the plant out of the growroom/wind for the gowroom and PULL THOSE OFF!!! They will ruin the seeds you are making with the 'true' male. Get them gone as fast as you can, and with as little shaking/moving around. I HATE NANNERS!!! (but yours shouldn't be a problem, just pluck them off, and eat/throw away)
:)

Hi ,
I will do that ,maybe will store some in the fridge for later experimentation :)

I tough those had some female pollen inside ...
My plant are in flushing mode right now one month max to the harvest i dont think much will happen because of the "bananas" :)

dsc00634.jpg

dsc00636o.jpg

Here it is at 11week ! 11/13 light , how long untill cut?
One week or two ?

Pistils are 80% brown i would say , they are healthy not yellowing yet ...

Back