My "The stones" grow.

Tom bolenate

2021 COE Winner
Hi all,

Hope everyone is safe.
Here a few inputs of my the stones grow that is almost finished.

Started 10 seeds.... 8 made it.... Not bad for old seeds stored in poor conditions.

Got 4 males and 4 females.
Culled 2 males that were lacking vigor, from the 2 remanings I kept the most vigorous and slowliest flowering one:
IMG_20200617_085746_compress46.jpg

Each female had a few bottom buds hand pollinated with this male.

Here are the 2 fem I feel the most interresting.... All are at around 11 week from the switch. I kept them at 12/12 for 3 weeks then 11/13 since.....it seems to have helped a lot in keeping them under control.
Plants are grown in coco/perlite/coarse sand mix and feeded at low ec (1.2 _ 1.3).

The stones 1 is the most hazy looking pheno.

IMG_20200725_172534_compress16.jpg

Very good calyx/leafs ratio....

Smells lemony with obvious hazy undertones (leathery metallic smell).

The stones 2 is the opposite.... More on the mks side....

IMG_20200725_172549_compress34.jpg

More leaves in the buds.... It's the only trait I don't like that much in mks....

Smells have evoluated a lot during the grow.
Very pissy at the beginning... Cat piss, and I one that was smeeling my morning pee when I had a large asparagus plate for dinner.... Pissy smells have faded since and now everything is pleasant.

All plants are in the flushing stage now and will be cut in 1 or 2 weeks.

Let me tell you that I have the highest hopes in those F2 seeds..... Hope recessive recombinations to show....

Last edited:
Bad news....
Started a few F2 seeds a few weeks ago.... Got 8 plants.... They just showed sex.... 7males and 1 lone female.... I'm pissed off...
Wonder what is the best stratégie.... Flower this lone female under 250w HPS or start seeds and send them straight 12/12 in the tent with this female under 600w HPS...throw everything in bin and start a new grow?
First time I have a so bad ratio....seems like I'm not as good as Shanti or Nevil when come to breeding lol!
If I start new seeds witch strain is more appropriate for that?
I have: masterkaze, the doors, and angel heart, spice and mks....
Any helpfull suggestion to rescue this grow is welcome..... I feel dumb....

I had that happen with Medicine Man some years ago. I didn't use the males though I wish I had. Keep your best males or at least the pollen from them. Grow the Kaze and use the pollen on these. I'll bet you'll get some decent plants from the mix.

🤙
Mu

Man that's bad news. :( I have had that happen too.
Maybe you should bush out the one female and then flower. Adds a few weeks but may be better than losing all your effort.

Hi guys,

Quick update at 37days since the flip.
Put the timer on 11/13 about 1 week ago.
Had only one plant but at least it seems to be a good one... Smell is very lemony with subtles spicy undertones I couldn't identify but very pleasant. Tricomes production is good. Hope the MH only grow will add something good in the quality as I'm not expecting anymore in the yield department with this grow.
One of the 4 main tops:
IMG_20210102_174613_compress60.jpg

Bud closeup:
IMG_20210102_174622_compress2.jpg

Hi guys,

Same buds at 52 days.
Smells have really evoluated to a MKS smell.... In a less stinky but more complex side...some roasted coffee smell are starting to dominate... I really like it....
Cut the day light to 10 1/2 to speed up things. A few days with nutrients and I start flushing... Need the space for the next round.... Master kaze and spice on the menu.
IMG_20210115_171450_compress15.jpgIMG_20210115_171435_compress6.jpg

Hi guys,

Same buds at 52 days.
Smells have really evoluated to a MKS smell.... In a less stinky but more complex side...some roasted coffee smell are starting to dominate... I really like it....
Cut the day light to 10 1/2 to speed up things. A few days with nutrients and I start flushing... Need the space for the next round.... Master kaze and spice on the menu.
View attachment 48987View attachment 48988
Looking awesome and those are 2 great strains in the line up as well.

Hi,

Had a busy day yesterday.... Cut this plant... Manicured it....collected F3 seeds easy to reach (the once in the preflowers).... Put it back to reveg as I feel it is really something special.... Bleached the tent.... Transplanted 7 Mkaze and 3 spice in their definitive 6l pot a put them to veg for at least one week. Go to church to light a candle and prayed jah to get more female than last time.

More than happy with this lone female.... She retained all the flavors of her mom in much better.... Will make a short smoke report in a few weeks but it already look fire....for the yield I would say around 4 Oz to the naked eye....

Last edited:
Wow, what a great plant, my friend. Maybe there was some cosmic reason to only get her out of the initial 8.
That’s a quick flowering time for a Rockn Roller, even considering she’s an F2. What were the properties you liked in the male(s) you used to pollinate her to make F3? Where they similar properties to the male(s) used to make the F2?
4oz, geez that’s great. Cheers mate

Wow, what a great plant, my friend. Maybe there was some cosmic reason to only get her out of the initial 8.
That’s a quick flowering time for a Rockn Roller, even considering she’s an F2. What were the properties you liked in the male(s) you used to pollinate her to make F3? Where they similar properties to the male(s) used to make the F2?
4oz, geez that’s great. Cheers mate
Hi,
Things were fast due to the 11/13 lighting during most of the grow... I even cut it to 10,5/13,5 for the last weeks....
The 7 males were quite uniforms so just took the 2 most vigorous ones for the F3.
F3 seeds are surprisingly a little bit smaller than the F2.
For making F2 I used the slowliest flowering male of the 4 I had....
I will make an other run of this girl if it reveg, hopefully a full tent SOG style.

Last edited:
Back