Musashi Plays With Fire- The Doors and Neville's Haze

Aloha braddahs!

Harvested the last of The Doors this morning. In my haste, I forgot to take pictures :(
However, some quick 13 week pics of Neville's Haze. Without the flash, it is difficult to see the heavy crystalization. I will get better pics in the 14th week showing how ridiculously encrusted they are. Still running 10/14, the lamps have been raised to keep temperatures in the mid 70's. Most are finally starting to color up. Found some more buds laying about after moving plants this morning. While short-lived, the high is soaring and happy.
Nothing special. I used to grow in coco with all the name brand mycos, growth and flower enhancers to increase my yield by 5% :rolleyes: Now I forego the marketing and just grow in regular soil with minor amendments and fed with my modified fertilizer mix. I am a believer in humic and fulvic acid. Intentionally giving a lot of love, I confess to playing music and singin' to them :)

View attachment 44667View attachment 44668
Neville's Haze #2 and #3

View attachment 44669View attachment 44670
Neville's Haze #4 and #5

View attachment 44671View attachment 44672
Neville's Haze #6 and #7

View attachment 44673View attachment 44674
Neville's Haze #8 and #10

Shaka
Mu
There's a little bird here in Oz called the wild bush Turkey. They are natures best compost makers. The male Turkey makes a nest from debris on the forest floor, a Turkey mound. Sometimes only 5 or six metres wide and 2 to 4 metres high. Sometimes ten times that size. The juvenile males usually take a couple of goes to make one right, but when they do a female Turkey will come along and mate and lay an egg at the top of the mound, usually from a previous male , then go on her way. The male Turkey will then care for and incubate the egg inside the top of the mound, scratching the top couple of feet off in the heat of the day, and scratching it back on at night to keep the temperature of the egg just right. The heat from the compost does the rest. A few weeks later the young chick will emerge from the egg and a new cycle will begin. The nests are protected by law , however those who are familiar, know that the nest is only used a single time. The nests are best left for 12 to 18 months once the Turkey has finished with it to break down, then they are ready to harvest starting from the bottom layer at the edge. The ph is always 6.3 ,the composition is perfect and complete , they are full of Turkey droppings and earthworms. We call them gods compost makers. Beware they are very protective of there nests. If you take some before they have finished using them they will pull out your plants and scratch what you have taken kilometres back to their nests, I have seen one build a bridge across a shallow creek from vegetation to get his nest back across. Mother nature supplies us with everything we need. I have grown in many different ways from organic soil to dwc , used almost every product available. But nothing compares to weed grown in Turkey nest using plain old h2o.

Aloha braddahs!

Harvested the last of The Doors this morning. In my haste, I forgot to take pictures :(
However, some quick 13 week pics of Neville's Haze. Without the flash, it is difficult to see the heavy crystalization. I will get better pics in the 14th week showing how ridiculously encrusted they are. Still running 10/14, the lamps have been raised to keep temperatures in the mid 70's. Most are finally starting to color up. Found some more buds laying about after moving plants this morning. While short-lived, the high is soaring and happy.
Nothing special. I used to grow in coco with all the name brand mycos, growth and flower enhancers to increase my yield by 5% :rolleyes: Now I forego the marketing and just grow in regular soil with minor amendments and fed with my modified fertilizer mix. I am a believer in humic and fulvic acid. Intentionally giving a lot of love, I confess to playing music and singin' to them :)

View attachment 44667View attachment 44668
Neville's Haze #2 and #3

View attachment 44669View attachment 44670
Neville's Haze #4 and #5

View attachment 44671View attachment 44672
Neville's Haze #6 and #7

View attachment 44673View attachment 44674
Neville's Haze #8 and #10

Shaka
Mu
This is pretty much where i am going to head. Just grow NH and other of Shanti's Hazes i have. Life is too short. Your work is amazing.

Awesome grows Mu!
You‘ve inspired me to try some of Shanti’s gear namely the Nevilles haze. I grew this strain back in the late 90’s early 2000’s. The thing I remembered most about the NH and the SSH was the vigorous growth. All things being equal the speed they grew at compared to all the other strains in my garden was astounding. After not growing for many years I purchased Greenhouse seeds feminized Nevilles haze. I thought they would be the same or at least similar to the hazes that have been lingering on my mind all these years. They were not and so far have all turned out to be hay after 16-17 weeks of flowering. I haven’t found anything in the multiple packs of NH I’ve been threw from them that remotely resembles what I had in the past. I recently popped the last pack of NH beans I got from them and was barely able to get 4 above ground. I‘ve quietly followed your Nevilles grow having déjà vu with each bud pic tapping into my memory bank of smells. I recently started some of my Mr Nice NH beside my last pack of GH NH and already see a huge difference in vigour which says a lot.
Anyway much respect for the time you put in on sharing this grow. Very well done and thought I should extend a thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Just wish you would have done it sooner so I didn’t waste a year on BS plants.

Regards

Mahalo braddahs. Many thanks for your kindness. We all walkabout and become the wiser, hopefully ha. I've grown several others including GHS. Like you said, less than satisfactory and for the money, grrr. I am no longer willing to waste time "experimenting," when I can get solid genetics here. Shanti's stuff is indeed vigorous and well-understood, solid. I can't say enough...

Bottled 4/8/20- 42 weeks. Neville's Haze #7 skies you up and up. The #6 comes on like thunder and then settles you comfortably for the 2PM nap. And then the Neville's du jour, the #4 that is pictured here, smells of the most fragrant herb bordering on turpentine? it is a high that's ethereal. You're in the right place. Good hunting brah!

nh#4 1_28.jpg

🤙Mu

Mahalo braddahs. Many thanks for your kindness. We all walkabout and become the wiser, hopefully ha. I've grown several others including GHS. Like you said, less than satisfactory and for the money, grrr. I am no longer willing to waste time "experimenting," when I can get solid genetics here. Shanti's stuff is indeed vigorous and well-understood, solid. I can't say enough...

Bottled 4/8/20- 42 weeks. Neville's Haze #7 skies you up and up. The #6 comes on like thunder and then settles you comfortably for the 2PM nap. And then the Neville's du jour, the #4 that is pictured here, smells of the most fragrant herb bordering on turpentine? it is a high that's ethereal. You're in the right place. Good hunting brah!

View attachment 49255

🤙Mu
That looks spectacular

Indeed. Inspirational.

How do you like those silicone mats? I bought a silicone bong and just love it. I've broken everything glass including my xtra thick roor steamroller so the silicone is heavenly.

Awesome grows Mu!
You‘ve inspired me to try some of Shanti’s gear namely the Nevilles haze. I grew this strain back in the late 90’s early 2000’s. The thing I remembered most about the NH and the SSH was the vigorous growth. All things being equal the speed they grew at compared to all the other strains in my garden was astounding. After not growing for many years I purchased Greenhouse seeds feminized Nevilles haze. I thought they would be the same or at least similar to the hazes that have been lingering on my mind all these years. They were not and so far have all turned out to be hay after 16-17 weeks of flowering. I haven’t found anything in the multiple packs of NH I’ve been threw from them that remotely resembles what I had in the past. I recently popped the last pack of NH beans I got from them and was barely able to get 4 above ground. I‘ve quietly followed your Nevilles grow having déjà vu with each bud pic tapping into my memory bank of smells. I recently started some of my Mr Nice NH beside my last pack of GH NH and already see a huge difference in vigour which says a lot.
Anyway much respect for the time you put in on sharing this grow. Very well done and thought I should extend a thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Just wish you would have done it sooner so I didn’t waste a year on BS plants.

Regards
my 1st Haze plant was a feminized SSH from GHS when my patient snagged a variety pack. grossest tasting weed ever. it was like burning cilantro. So, I am not one to often disparage someone publicly, but If the person in charge at greenhouse seeds thinks that CILANTRO KUSH is an acceptable flavor profile for cannabis, they are terrible people, who are terrible gardeners, and even worse at selecting for quality, and likely still has their parents wiping their asses and changing their diapers, because they are not competent enough to do it themselves.
I hate the overwhelming taste of cilantro, and my patient has the "cilantro tastes like soap" gene. nobody I've met who grow's MNS SSH has ever said it tastes and smell's like cilantro. and I have never seen that flavor profile attributed to MNS SSH.

The other day as I retrieved some BDM- Back Door Man bottles to test, I also pulled out some of The Doors bottles. Spent yesterday smoking the NHxDoors cross and am happy with how it turned out. She's a nice steady escalator ride. I decided to rotate to The Doors today. This stuff has been in the closet curing since 3/20. Still retaining that savory spice smell, The Doors #1 hit me like a frickin' hammer! I got about half a joint down when it hit me so hard I had to sit down and close my eyes. Powerful, too powerful for today. I left the rest in the ashtray. It is still there some 5 hours later as I am still feeling it and kinda fearing it.

doors #1b 3_2.jpg

🤙Mu

Back