Musashi Plays With Fire- The Doors and Neville's Haze

Aloha braddahs!

I am sure many of us are feelin’ it today.
Vaccinations and microchips? No thank you!
papers.jpg

Back to my happy place; so many posting good stuff these days. It is great to read the threads from all the good people here at MNS. Lots of good information and new faces too!

So…
With the Neville’s hanging, The Doors bottled, you’d think I had time on my hands now. I must confess, it has been nice to sleep in for a change, though I do feel the pull of the empty grow room as I wake up at 3am every morn.

...Time keeps on slippin, slippin, slippin into the future…
I have been higher than a mofo these past few weeks. With 10 bottles of The Doors, it has been tough deciding who will stay and who will go. Doing the blind test, several I thought were keepers ended up with low yield or medium potency. But they were so pretty… Some were held back for friends, the rest composted.
I will only keep one or two bc I am out of space. I will focus more on the f2’s in the near future. I do happen to like the longer maturing ones, 90 days. They also had the better yield along with potency. At this point, I would definitely recommend for ID grow and relative ease of grow. The stash is going fast and I hope I have some to sample after a proper cure ;)

seeds 4_4.jpg
I have finished cleaning and sorting seeds. I have the ones I will keep in my little brown bottles. The others? They will be Johnny Appleseeded. Lots of lakes, streams, parks, hiking trails, even flower pots lining the street. Don’t be surprised if “strange plants grow and mysteries bloom” in other places besides my grow room :D
Braddah Marcus, I didn’t mean to infer that the Neville’s was overdone, just sharing past experience that gave me an appreciation for a 30x loupe. The Neville’s now in hand is done to perfection. 16-17 weeks is about right. They look to be a combination of 30% amber in the lowers and perhaps 20% in the uppers. The rest are mostly cloudy.
In the meantime, I have 8 Ortegas, 6 of my ACDC/Ortega cross, and 10 of my SD/MedMan (I call it Curandera) cross coming up so far. Shorter grow times and wanting to find another Ortega male for an upcoming project. RE: seeds- I forgot the H2O2 in my initial watering and experienced some damping off :( Messin’ with my germination success!! I won’t forget this important step next time.

peanuts.jpg

Shaka
Mu

Kia Ora Mu,

How can you sleep at all with so much sativa on hand :D I'd be awake until 1am most nights thinking about how I need to get to sleep ...

Would love to know which Doors were the keepers, all mine look to be about 10 weeks from clone, 1 pheno looking like it might go 12 plus time will tell.

Shouldn't get damping off unless it's cold and/or your soils to damp ? I've never even seen H2O2 available here .... Maybe it goes by a different name.

Edit: I've seen H2O2 at the pharmacy but not for horticulture, to dam expensive to buy small bottles from a pharmacy. I'm thinking about popping some NHxM, have you had any experience with NHxM ?

Last edited:
...How can you sleep at all with so much sativa on hand :D I'd be awake until 1am most nights thinking about how I need to get to sleep ...

...I've seen H2O2 at the pharmacy but not for horticulture, to dam expensive to buy small bottles from a pharmacy...

...I'm thinking about popping some NHxM, have you had any experience with NHxM ?

Kia Ora brah!

With the lockdown, no reason to keep reg. sleep/wake hours. Putting up the Nev's right now and blazin' away. Not getting much sleep :eek: Eyes wide open though :D as the stuff is quite soaring. I have used the condor analogy before...
While the price of hydrogen peroxide has increased substantially since this BS pandemic, you can still get a gallon of food grade 12% for $40 on AMZN. Titrate it. A tps or two 3%/gal of H2O is all you need.
I love the NHM. Kinda like an abbrev. version of NH- shorter grow time. Great smells and flavor, moderate yield. Anything over 50%+ haze is encouraged :D If you got the room- cuz they do stretch, I'd recommend.
BUT, I'd like to know what your reasoning for growing NHM would be?

Shaka
Mu

Last edited:
Kia Ora Mu,

Who ever said man can't fly eh ?

Glad to hear your enjoying the NH, stunning plants and well deserved the BOTM.

Sadly stores such as Amazon often do not ship to my small island nation and if they do the shipping costs is often higher then the cost of the item, especially for heavier items such as a bottle of H2O2.

Do I have the room ? Nope, you would have to be mad as a cut snake to try grow anything sativa dominate in my space. Lucky for me, I'm madder than a cut snake !

They all said I was mad when I said I wanted to grow The Doors with less then 4 feet of head height and 2.6 sqaure feet of space but here I am 8 weeks into flowering soon to be harvesting the early finishing girls hopefully in a week or 2 by looks of the trichomes.

Why eat hamburgers, when you can have steak ?

That about sums up my reasoning for wanting to grow NHxM, there is a plentiful supply of indica buds around these parts these days, the once infamous bush sativa of my area is all but gone replaced by fast finishing, heavy yielding plants with a heavy body stone.

The haze high shares a lot of similarities to our old bush sativa but there is differences, I suspect the old local sativa had a much heavier Thai influence, the high is less mind expanding and more motivating, energetic and focused.

Probably quite similar to MM, it would make sense that cannabis past though Aussie before making it to us, also the Dutch settled in my area in the last 60s bringing seeds with them, I suspect African genetics are in play too but no one could be sure.

The smells of the old bush sativa were all citrus, mango and spice, something I would expect to find in NHxM.

I grow for me, I'm a sativa lover and I love growing these plants, practicality and yields do not concern me, it's quality I chase.

I grow for me, I'm a sativa lover and I love growing these plants, practicality and yields do not concern me, it's quality I chase.

Amen, brother!

Musashi, I'm going to school on your training technique - two poles per pot, right? And train the main cola a little past horizontal? I need to do this soon with a couple of my Colombians.

Pol Pot

Aloha Fellow Firewalkers!

No rest for the weary. This morning finds me putting a straw of Critical Mass into soil.
seedpak.jpg
MNS messed up again- they put 20 seeds into a 15-pak straw! With feigned annoyance, I had to rustle up 5 more containers! :D Earlier, I had planted an assortment of my own crosses to include ACDC x Ortega and Diesel x MedMan. Oh, and let’s not forget the 10 Ortegas that were started! A portion of the plants will go outdoors.

I kept one Doors, #15 and the rest of the clones went to a very excited and thankful friend. As you know, I kept megatons of seed and will revisit by way of f2’s. There is potency here. I appreciate the morphology of the plant, and marvel at the phyllotactic spirals characteristic of this cultivar. In the next round, I will definitely give more veg time and top the plants to increase yield. Mostly vertical plants, I was left with a lot of unused floor space. It is a worthy plant and should be seriously worked.

The Neville’s turned out nicely. I had it dialed in well and finished under 2# for eight plants. Considering 2 yr old lights, I am satisfied with this. 50% plus sativa hybrids can be tricky; taming these monsters within defined walls and ceilings is challenging. Because of increased internodal spacing on long viny structures, proper light exposure is wanting on some parts of the plant. Many choose to top which I think is a crying shame; forfeiting those beautiful, heavy apical colas. Should one decide to leave top intact, LST will be necessary. I begin early while stem is still flexible. Two poles- one on each side of pot. One to secure lower, the other to hold tip parallel with zingers. I try to expose as many bud sites equidistantly as I bend the plant parallel to the light. I keep apical tip up slightly to encourage natural extended growth. Hormones are raging, so best to redirect rather than to try to stifle. I scored a bunch of these name tag zingers some time ago and they work dandy.
zingers.jpg

NH#7b 4_16.jpgNH#7a 4_16.jpg
Neville's Haze #7

NH#3 4_16.jpg
Neville's Haze #3

BTW, bigger and prettier isn't necessarily better. While #3 yielded 4.86 oz., #8 only yielded 3.1 oz., but she is pure fire; having to put her down after 1/4 joint :p
nh#8a 3_31.jpg
Neville's Haze #8

I’ll leave you with a pic of an Ortega. Looks like 2 in 1!
ortegatwins 4_16.jpg
Ortega

Shaka
Mu

Kia Ora Mu,

I have to ask why does the title of your post on the 17th say Pol Pot ? I haven't heard anyone mention that name in years ....

Last edited:
Aloha braddahs,

A little subdued these days but still here. I tell ya what, it has been great taking a breather and seeing the boyz in the ohana steppin' up and putting out the goods. Currently, there’s DarkAgdistis, Indi, Fated, quinxstar, Marcus, Byorn, Dkeppel, Tom bolenate, Das bucket, PKynes, P3Ci, ENGLISH… have I missed anyone? Most everyone bustin’ it with MNS seed; taking the guesswork out by using excellent genetics up front! Not hearing too many complaints, gotta believe all good growers in their own right. Who sez the world is fk’d, slice of heaven right here. Everyone is bringing the love. Just want to say it has been a pleasure getting to know everyone. Man, love me some haze! The Doors and Neville's Haze, gimme gimme!

Here’s what I got going right now. Perhaps I'll journal the Critical Mass/Ortega, we’ll shall see. Unsexed CM- 17, Ortega- 10, Ort/ACDC- 4, SD/MedMan- 9, Brandywine heirlooms- 8.
seedlings 4_21.jpg

Oh, and the Pol Pot title. James Joyce stream of consciousness thing. It started with pots and the poles I used to trellis them. I had just got done watching the Ong Bak trilogy. Which led me to thinking about Thailand, Cambodia, the Nam war and destructive regimes in Asia at that time… Call me crazy, I call it hazey! :p

Shaka
Mu

Last edited:
Musashi is freaking flying high :D toke some medman, it will get you down to earth :p

its good to see the newborns! :) hopefully you are not going to keep all those fine ass genetics to your self :eek:... i hope ;) ...you know how it goes with love right? has to come from both ways :D

Ong Bak trilogy..nice for reminding me of these:cool:

enjoy the ride and keep it coming brother :cool:

@bb247 where have you been brah? Been a while since we teamed up on the G13/AfSk project. That really some very fine ganga. Hope Shanti releases it.

It's been too long since I've been out here in Shanti-La. Life's gotten in the way of my plans so I haven't been able to work on any of my projects. Nothing bad, just incredibly busy.

Your grow was/is killer, man. Every post = fire. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us! Such beautiful plants and awesome photos too.

On my end, all G-13/AS are still alive and well except for a few I culled. This year I hope to make F2's with some males I kept. They survived a harsh winter (40 degree Fahrenheit temps in a garage all winter). My next grow will have 4 G-13xAS and 4 Afghan Haze x Skunk Haze. It'll be a staggered grow to be followed by a *hopefully* gigantic Critical Haze x Widow. Photos in about 3-4 weeks!

Aloha fellow Firewalkers!

Much aloha braddahs for all your support!
It has been 8 weeks since the last of The Doors plants were harvested. The longer maturing ones were put to cure the last week of March. Bottled for a little less than 6 weeks, I have been dutifully sampling these past weeks :D The smell has deepened into different complex and fleeting aromas. More meat, chocolate tastes and camphor smells. It has been difficult picking favorites.

While some are a little heavier on the back end, with a few not to my liking, most were very pleasing in high and duration. Lots of euphoria coupled with more short term memory loss; music sounds great and time passes unnoticed. The longer finishing ones are my favorites. These are the ones I took out to 92 days. It is an intoxicating smoke giving more consistent up highs throughout the 3-5 hr. window with a soft finish. The plant is a good candidate for indoor grows being modest in height. It is an accommodating haze plant, not too finicky, and throwing consistent phenotypes. It could benefit from a longer veg time and topping to maximize yield. Golf ball sized buds are dense and firm for a sativa; yielding a dry resin that should make a mighty fine hash. The Doors appeared fairly stable and F2’s are in the future. An excellent day time smoke, The Doors is a worthy plant for an intermediate grower desiring an indoor haze.

The ones that have my attention:
doors #1b 3_2.jpgdoors #1c 3_2.jpg
The Doors #1

doors #8b 3_2.jpgdoors #8c 3_2.jpg
The Doors #8

door #10b 2_8.jpgdoors #9c 3_2.jpg
The Doors #10 and #9

doors #15a 3_2.jpgdoors #15c 3_2.jpg
The Doors #15

Shaka
Mu

Last edited:

...how would you compare that crazy NevHaze with a longer flowering MangoHaze? ive had some 15w mango looking alot like your 4 week cured bud. Looks tasty :D...
They are both so excellent. They are both potent and make for interesting flowers. Mango overall for smell and powerful highs. Neville's for stratospheric highs with hardly any lag. Love the spears on the Mango. Love the apical buds on the Nev. Top 2 favs and a must grow for anyone wanting to explore beyond what typical Indies have to offer. My 2 cents.

I am finally weaning myself off of The Doors especially #15. Her smell has morphed into over ripe fruit. A little lime but not citrus, darker. Time vanishes on her. But I know I must move on. I have been hitting on the Neville's as of late and am probably on my third round going through all the females. Hard to split hairs when they all do what you expect them to do. Smells go from slight citrus and mango to fuel and eucalyptus and camphor. Potency is what I am after and grade according to how much joint I smoke to get there. 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, entire joint. All have succeeded in getting me high on less than 1/2 joint. Some in as little as 2 hits.

nh #3 5_11.jpg
Neville's Haze #3
Largest yield. Good classic haze. Not as strong as #4 and #6.

nh #4 5_13.jpg
Neville's Haze #4
Potent 1/4 joint. Pine, eucalyptus. Nice and smooth.

nh #5 5_13.jpg
Neville's Haze #5
I smell windex. Strong smell, good high but needs more character.

nh #6 5_14.jpg
Neville's Haze #6
As usual, with the least yield. A joint will last half a day as 2-3 hit at a time and you are busy for several hours completely immersed in that blade of grass considering the composition of its cells.

They have only been curing for 5 weeks so it is still a little early. Out of this group I am leaning towards #6. The least in yield but it is a high that feels like with each toke, you take another step upward. Energy, visual, aural enhancement. Everything is wonderment. This bottle is staying real close.

Shaka
Mu

Aloha fellow Haze braddahs!

Mahalo Tom and Marcus!

Well, I was organizing the closet last night trying to make additional room for bottles of The Doors and Neville’s Haze. Damn, if I didn’t find 6 more bottles of MHIbl from last summer. :D Gonna make some tincture! You know the way these hazes grow outside is simply astounding yield-wise. For sure, they love the outdoor sun! Financial Depression? Forced lockdown? Hey, I have a head start. I chuckled at bluntmassa’s earlier comment about his “Doomsday Pack”. If you are not stocking up now for the coming “winter”, best get busy. Along those lines, the barbie got some new shoes!

Last weekends project:
bbq1.jpgbbq2.jpgbbq3.jpgbbq4.jpgbbq6.jpg
Korean BBQ

Getting back to the centipede weed… I call it that as those long, extended single-stacked calyxes have similar morphology- long with pistils looking like legs as seen from afar. Of course, I have been known to see starfish and anemones too lol.

Centipedes ona stick.jpg
Thai stick anyone?

Getting on 6 weeks, I’ve had time to go thru all the Nev girls a few times. Like dreaming at night, one has to write it down as soon as you wake up or one forgets! I have had to be more diligent in making notes as soon as I light up bc the, “I’ll make notes later" often doesn’t work as I begin to soar. The stuff of everyday life becomes meaningless as one tries to comprehend God and deeper life itself, if you know what I mean. Here are some pics of the other Nev girls:
nh#2 5_18.jpg
Neville’s Haze #2
She frosted early and is a smooth smoke. Hints of citrus and camphor.

nh#8 5_18.jpg
Neville’s Haze #8
Light camphor with a better yield. Also very smooth smoke that gives an escalator ride like the rest.

nh#10 5_18.jpg
Neville’s Haze #10
Most pronounced camphor approaching Vicks. Another smooth smoke and no ceiling.

nh#7 5_18.jpg
Neville’s Haze #7
Biggest yielder of this group and the high did not suffer. Probably the keeper of the group. Camphor, eucalyptus. Light but defined aromas. 2 toke stuff.

All of them have that subtle haze acridness that hangs at the top of your nose. Not overpowering but it is a defined note. As I said earlier, it is splitting hairs. There are not enough adjectives to describe; all of them give a smooth smoke and a high not found anywhere else. It is hard to decide when they are all so sublime. Considering the time it takes to grow, it makes sense to keep the largest producer if it has the desired potency. In that regard, #7 is my choice.

coral.jpg

Shaka
Mu

Long-winded sativas are not typical selections for the time-constrained grower. While a bit more challenging, they really are worthy of at least one cultivation just to experience the uniqueness and personality of the plant.
Going on 8 weeks since the Neville’s has been bottled; it is just now settling into a good cure. I know that putting these in the back of the closet and forgetting about them for awhile longer is best, but I confess to some pinching along the way. It is really a sublime treat. Like one’s favorite sweet treat, it’s difficult to just smell it and look at it without tasting it. And I must say the taste and aroma have improved over time as well as the high. The green is starting to subside revealing the slight stickiness and subtle spice in aroma.
The earlier, stronger camphor smell has mellowed. Some suggest quality Neville’s might have frankincense as a predominant smell. Most of this product is along those lines. Those subtle notes need a comparator for verification; bottles of EO are helpful here. They do indeed exhibit this frankincense smell with a sort of licorice afterthought. The highs are powerful with several earlier lit, unfinished joints in the ashtray due to the induced short-term forgetfulness. :p

camphor.jpg

This last grow was fun and rewarding; I am happy with the resulting products. The Doors have been curing for 3 months so far, I will revisit soon and let you know.

Shaka
Mu

Musashi the pharmacist :D love what you are doing there with the comparison!

And i like that aquarium also!:cool: ive just rebuilded our own one. Cant wait to get the fish back in :)

If 6 Was 9

If the sun refused to shine
I don’t mind, I don’t mind
If the mountains fell to the sea
Let it be, it ain’t me
~ “If 6 was 9” J. Hendrix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZuFq4CfRR8

Aloha braddahs!

Must be the haze! And good morning braddah Byorn! Will you put up pics of your Mango soon?

This morning I started a new tasting cycle with The Doors. As you know I have been enamored by the Neville’s Haze lately. And earlier, I had mentioned the Neville's Haze #6 as being hoard worthy. The Doors #9 is like that.

doors #9c 3_2.jpg
The Doors #9

:cool: Caveat- beware of writers writing or is it writing writers under the influence of The Doors!

Cracking the lid this morning on The Doors #9 was like opening up the lid on my crockpot after a 7 hr. slow cook. The fat lingers on the top as the savory smell of meat and vegetables permeates the kitchen. Essence of thyme, oregano, rosemary top off the collection of smells.

The Doors this morning comes on like a pulsing drone leading to incessant driving power chords in waves of recurrent themes... as I continue wandering around in my head.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKU74Uns9_0

Outside in the early morning dark, the occasionally chortle of a lone bird. All quiet but the tinnitus.

…memories of long ago. Early mornings on the beach; smell of moist sea, cool sand in my toes, powdered sugar donuts, sizing up the sets…

At this moment, The Doors #9 actually provides an excellent counterpoint to the Neville’s Haze #6 which for me was more of a Tuesday afternoon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM8JjT-97i8

In closing for now, both have their time and place. BUT I think there is something really special about the AC. ;)

Shaka
Mu

Back